gsuteke

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Lue is the only one other than JJ who has been playing ball at all. Smith is getting beat left and right.

At least Lue tries on D. Smith just falls asleep.

This is the reality of an undertalented team headed out west. Lo was a decent player when he was here the first time, but now he is a total waste of space.

Josh Smith is just a heartleas player. It's almost ashame that JJ took the Hawks deal because this is what he'll be dealing with over the next few years.

Quote:

Wright is part of the regular rotation. So are Smith and Zaza. Those guys being back wouldn't affect Wrights minutes at all. Duh.

True, but I have to believe that with 3 superior players back that Wrights minutes would have to be cut into somehow. Perhaps by running a smaller lineup. Smoove would be forced to play better, because if he did not then in comes Marvin/Chillz and Smoove heads to the bench.

BUT what really needs to happen is that Shelden needs to get more playing time imo.

I can't excuse the total lack of effort/intelligence i saw tonight. I can't remember a game when i saw so many stupid plays.

And the Hawks got outrebounded 44-28 by a team that started a 6'9" center.

I think we should all light a candle for JJ. I can't imagine how frustrated he must feel right now.

That is just ridiculous.

Zaza, Wright and Smith are all part of the regular rotation regardless of whether everyone is healthy or not. And there is no way they should get outrebounded 44-28 by a small front line.

Smith threw a length of the court pass to Lewis for a layup and threw another pass into the 4th row. Having guys out hurt didn't cause that. Having guys out doesn't mean Zaza and Wright aren't allowed to get rebounds or make layups.

That is just a copout.

Seatle was 3-6 at home this year AND they were missing their best player.

The reason why we lost is that nobody besides JJ wanted to win. Lue and Smoove are the ones that can chage the ball game but they didn't step up. Lue pounds the damn ball 100 times and than he passes it to JJ with 8 on the clock and JJ forces up a bad shot. Lue kills our ball movement every time he is out there. If he is not hitting his shots than he is useless, even with Speedy out he shouldn't be on the court that long. Smoove is a complete joke, i had so much expectations for this 3 year ROOKIE it's not even funny. When MArvin went down i wasn't really upset cause i thought that Smoove will have a breakout year. So far this is by far his worst season in the league.

Dude he is avg 12/8/3/2. This is not his worst year. The problem is is that Woodson is an idiot and makes a 6'9 240 lb athlete who can't dribble into a perimeter player. We don't run, and we only have one play which consists of running JJ through screens. We are basically emulating Detroit with JJ playing the role of Rip Hamilton. In the new NBA that crap does not work anymore. The new NBA is about running with a group of multiple ball handlers. On offense you have constant ball movement and movement without the ball. You use backscreens to open up perimeter scorers. You feed your athletes with lobs inside and long inbound passes on the break. This is why the West dominates the East. With the new rules, our style of play doesn't work. You can't plod around in the half court game and hope to win.

The sad part is is that BK actually constructed a team that can win with a new style of play, we just have the wrong coach. You need to be able to score with multiple players. Even Pat Riley realized it, which is why he dumped his defensive oriented players like Eddie Jones and picked up Toine. You need scorers and ball handlers. And more importantly you need a motion offense.