• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Someone the Hawks should pick up on a 10 day....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I still don't think SL means much, but this is just a way to put out some guys who may be available...

Quote:

Player breakdown:

Esteban Batista: A foreign player who did well over seas and got a multi-year contract. Batista is slow on defense, and hasn’t shown the ability to score in the teams offense. He most likely will be on the Hawks roster, but will probably sent down to the D-League.

Cedric Bozeman:
Not a bad player, but he isn’t NBA ready. He struggled on defense and his offensive game isn’t that great either. Bozeman will most likely be in the ABA or CBA in the 2006-07 season.

Carl Edwards: Not really good at anything, he isn’t a player that sticks out at you. Edwards is likely going to be playing overseas next year.

John Edwards: He’s big, but he’s a classic big white stiff. He should be in the NBA next season since he is under contract next season, but his minutes will be limited and he won’t be much more than a 12th or 13th man on the roster.

Tony Gipson: He was really the third point guard on the Hawks roster, and didn’t see much time. When he did see time, he showed that he can play defense, but not consistently enough that a team would bring him on board. Most likely will be overseas next season.

Anthony Grundy:
he showed signs of being a competent point guard, and floor general, his defense is still weak but he can score which might make him interesting to some teams. Grundy will likely play in the D-League next year, but should get called up later in the season

Jack Ingram: another big white stiff, except he can shoot, sometimes. Ingram wont make any ones roster this year and will probably be in the CBA or D-League.

Salomon Jones: he’s the human foul, other than that he didn’t do much. Jones is going to have a hard time making the roster of the Hawks even with their lack of talent in the front court.

Salim Stoudamire: He averaged 20 a game in three games in this year’s revue. The 20 point per game average is sort of misleading, as Stoudamire scored most his points in garbage minutes against guys who wont be starters in the CBA. Stoudamire did show that he can still shoot, and with the Hawks roster he should get plenty of minutes in the regular season.

Marvin Williams: He improved by leaps and bounds over last year. He has really become an aggressive player who attacks the hoop a lot. He finished the revue as the lead scoring at 23 a game. Williams will most likely be a canidate for most improved player this year.

Shelden Williams: He really struggled in the revue. He had a hard time guarding players, and got cheap fouls which seemed to mess with his concentration. Williams will most likely struggle this season, but if he works hard enough he should have a decent rookie year.

Anthony Wilkens: Another guy who won’t make the team, but he showed some promising defense. Wilkens will most likely need a couple more years before he even has a chance at making an NBA roster.

Then here are three That I'm interested in:

Quote:

D.J. Mbenga:
He’s come a long way from the guy who goal-tended every shot three years ago, to a guy who is now capable of producing in the NBA. Mbenga won’t be much more than a scrub for the Mavericks next year, but he’s probably not going to be as bad as he has been.

Pops Mensah-Bonsu: He shouldn’t have any trouble making it onto a roster this year. He’s a good defender and does a lot of the intangibles for a team. His size may be an issue but not to big of one.

Kevin Pittsnoggle:
he’s your stereotypical big white shooter. He’s soft inside and prefers playing on the perimeter. He could sneak onto a roster this fall, but I expect him to be in the D-League.

Jackson Vroman:
He’s a solid defender who has some offensive skills. He’s not going to ever be a guy who gets great stats but he’s a guy who does what a coach wants him to do and doesn’t complain about it. I fully expect Vroman to be on someone’s roster next season.

Darius Washington:
he’s a scoring point guard who has the skills to make it into the NBA, but may not because he doesn’t like to pass.

Donta Smith:
he disappointed a lot of people during the revue. He struggled at nearly every aspect of the game. Smiths days in the NBA are likely over, he’s been given plenty of chances and just never made the best out of them.

Shavlik Randolph:
showed great skills in his only game. Got a lot of points by running off of screens and running the pick and roll.

Steven Smith:
an undrafted free agent who probably bought his way into the NBA with his play in the revue. Smith made the all-revue team, and was among the Sixers best players in all six games. There is little doubt that someone will pick this guy up.

• Premium Member

Stats aside, I remember watching him play at Memphis and he was a decent distributor. I don't know how easy it's going to be to find a defensive/pass first PG at this point in the season. It wouldn't hurt to give the guy a ten day and see what he can do.

• Premium Member

Quote:

just say no to Darius. Him and Josh Smith do NOT get along. In the addidas games they argued because Darius wouldnt pass the ball.

i'm intrigued by pops(if he's available) or pittsnogle.

Now I did watch that when it came on FSN. His relationship with JSmith would be a concern. But we do need another guard badly though.

Quote:

Quote:

just say no to Darius. Him and Josh Smith do NOT get along. In the addidas games they argued because Darius wouldnt pass the ball.

i'm intrigued by pops(if he's available) or pittsnogle.

Now I did watch that when it came on FSN. His relationship with JSmith would be a concern. But we do need another guard badly though.

Why?? Ivey is better than any other guard from NBDL.

Speedy will get healthy(abd) and T- Lue is his main back up with Ivey maybe getting 5 minutes.

Where is this 10 day contract guy going to play?

Come on now...

guys, we don't need more offense

our ppg is the same as last year...we are winning because our defense is much improved, we have better chemistry, and our attitude/confidence is better

let's not go messing that up

bringing back marvin/chill and getting a healthy speedy will help our defense AND our offense immensely

we are FINE for this year

we DO need to find a pg to groom for the future, but that's this summer, in the draft or facy, not now with a 10-day contract