• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Iverson Asks To Be Traded

DrReality

:lol6:

Does anyone still want Iverson? We won't even have to trade any of our core players now. We could probably pick him up off waivers soon. Anyone interested?

How does one responsibly compare an A.I. in 2006 with the A.I. of today.

You are obviously easily amused.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

The same problems were there in 2006 and today. The difference is that AI no longer has the game to get coaches to overlook all the rest of the baggage that comes along with him. Only someone who assumed AI would not lose a step would think that what we see today wasn't predictable.

AI is still someone with a huge ego who wants to dominate the ball and who you need to orient your entire team around to make him a success. Ask him to play a lesser role and you see what happened in Detroit and Memphis. That would have happened anywhere he was asked to take a back seat to younger teammates.

I didn't believe in him as a player then and thought he demanded too much to be effective for any successful team to build around him. The same was true in 2006 and 2009 - he is just even less reliable on the floor now.

As if 3 years makes such a big difference.

Philly got better after he left and they Denver got better after he left. Detroit was crap with him and now he has quit on Memphis. That is why he is the CAnswer.

Edited by exodus