• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Missed most of the game need info

codyatl

I came in 4th and saw we had slaim, joe, sheldon, wright in the game where was js and marvin and zaza for that matter?

I am really worried at this pt about this team. I am scared they are going to get discouraged and fall apart. I hope I am wrong but losing so many close games that they should have won is taking its toll. The injuries have hurt but we should still be winning games. This is the toughest stretch of the schedule for the hawks and we have played teams close so I guess there is hope. I can see it now, we are 18-50 then we win 14 straight to screw our chances at a top 3 pick. Sound familiar? I would love to win now but wouldnt this be nice.....Hawks draft Greg Oden, Hawks sign Chauncey Billups or Mike Bibby. Now that team would be worth watching.

In Hawks previous game, they went into their "Sleepwalk"

mode in the fourth quarter. That's when everything is

off just enough so that it doesn't work. They had 13

points in the entire quarter.

This apparently carried over to last night's game. For

the first half of the first quarter, they continurd this

"Sleepwalk" type play.

Then, they snapped out of it. They played a great / well,

maybe not great / a good game from there on out.

But, it was too late. The game was lost in the first

half of quarter one. The rest of the game, Hawks would

make a run, almost catch up, then run out of steam,

drop back, then make another run.

The reason the game was as close as it was? Hawks actually

hit most of their free throws / their opponent didn't.

That kept the score close. Hawks had some players in

foul trouble by late in the game. So did our opponent,

but they used more players than the Hawks that were used,

so it didn't hurt them as much.

If Hawks are to win, they must learn to play with all

they have the entire game. Too many times we play 3 or

3 1/2 quarters of good ball, but "sleepwalk" thru the

short time when the game is lost.

frown.gif

• Premium Member

Salim has no business playing.

He made Darryl Armstrong look like his daddy. Armstrong didn't score, but he got 3 steals and just outworked Salim. I know the sliding steal was a carry, but I give Armstrong the credit because Salim was picking his nose, looking at the girls in the crowd thinking about where he was going out tonight!!

Josh Smith got Shut DOWN!!

The truth is that somebody needs to teach Josh to finish STRONG... Can Dominique hold a special Camp with Josh and Young Vlade to teach them how to get to the rim and finish strong... All night long, Josh was doing this la-dee-da BS... Dunk the DAMN ball!!!

Granger gave JJ some trouble but not much

Granger got JJ off his game just a little at the end, but JJ was still our most dominant player by far.

We couldn't stop Stephen Jackson.

His three point shooting really helped them a lot. Coming down the stretch it was his clutch SHooting and Baby Al's scoring that hurt us the most.

How many dunks did Marvin Miss?

I counted 2. One was very embarrassing... Break away trying to slap the board??!?!??

Did I say Salim shouldn't be playing...

Where's CHILLS?!?

I wonder if we really have a leader of this team? I dont think Joe is that kind of guy. For that reaosn alone I would have loved to have Iverson in here. I think we need someone like that that is a proven winner to lead this young core. We need someone that is going to get in peoples faces when things are going bad and get the ready to play. I dont think we have 1 person on the roster that would do that....maybe TLue.

Quote:

...Too many times we play 3 or

3 1/2 quarters of good ball, but "sleepwalk" thru the

short time when the game is lost.

frown.gif

Is it really that GM? Not to be a pain but I usta watch the stinker Nuggets. It wasn't that they couldn't put "4 quarters together"...it was that other teams would mess around and then buckle down and play "playoff style" D for a quarter and they (Nuggets) would wilt under the pressure.

They simply weren't very good. smirk.gif

Quote:

I wonder if we really have a leader of this team? I dont think Joe is that kind of guy. For that reaosn alone I would have loved to have Iverson in here.

That is ridiculous. JJ had a great game. And in case you hadn't noticed Iggy has gone off ever since iverson left. He just dropped 31 (shooting 11-15) on Boston to go with 9 assists.

Of course the Iverson groupies think Iggy isn't a scorer. He is averaging 21.8 since the ballhog left.

Quote:

How many dunks did Marvin Miss?

I counted 2. One was very embarrassing... Break away trying to slap the board??!?!??

He wasnt trying to slap the board. He is playing with basically one hand right now. He was on the left side going for the layup, and he cant use his left hand so he tried to lay it in right handed.

Cant blame him for trying to help out while he is really hurting.

Yep. I'm sure.

Sometimes, Hawks do loose because the other team will

come with that "Extra , Playoff" type pressure and we

can't quiet respond. This, we have to live with.

In the "Sleepwalk" mode, the Hawks continue to play, as

before, but nothing works. 3 point shots miss. Jumpres

rim out. Dunks won't even go in, they just bounce out.

If a Hawks gets fouled, count on at least half the shots

being off the mark. Everything looks the same on the

court, but nothing is. Players are "Out of time."

Try running a car engine with the time off. Engine looks

the same, but it just won't run.

All teams miss shots. All teams run hot and cold. This

is beyond cold. This is dead in the water cold.

When another team is better, they will be able to slowly

pull away from their opponent. When the Hawks "Sleepwalk"

the opponent doesn't pull away. They just keep playing

while nothing goes right for Atlanta.

Beginning the game last night, I believe our opponent had

14 points. Atlanta had one basket plus 2 free throws.

We never overcame this.

frown.gif

Yeah, he re - injured his left hand a few games back.

The one problem I am having with Marv right now is that he doesnt play aggressive until late in games when its already close to being decided. Last night Marvin looked great late in the 4th attacking the rim, and the Pacers starters were still in the game. Do that ALL night, Marvin!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I wonder if we really have a leader of this team? I dont think Joe is that kind of guy. For that reaosn alone I would have loved to have Iverson in here.

That is ridiculous. JJ had a great game. And in case you hadn't noticed Iggy has gone off ever since iverson left. He just dropped 31 (shooting 11-15) on Boston to go with 9 assists.

Of course the Iverson groupies think Iggy isn't a scorer. He is averaging 21.8 since the ballhog left.

Ex, I know you hated the idea of Iverson possibly coming here but you have to admit that this team needs a strong leader on the floor. I mean if we were really going after a 35(?) year old Cassel this summer, what would be the harm in bringing in a 30 year old superstar? Anyway, this team needs a leader on the floor. Leadership means more than scoring 30 points and dishing out a few assists. It means getting this team to settle down in crunch time and have some poise. JJ is a tremendous talent, but I don't know if he is a leader. He's not very vocal out there on the court and I don't see him as the kind of guy who sticks up for his teamates out there. A Cassel, Iverson, Jack, or even an Andre Miller would fit well on this team right now.

Quote:

what would be the harm in bringing in a 30 year old superstar?

You mean besides hindering the development of the youngest team in the league, killing the cap in the process.

Gee that's a tough one.

You are forgetting that they Hawks were missing both of their veteran pgs during the second have of the last game. And both of the pgs have been hurt either separately or at the same all season long.

We didn't see too many of these fourth quarter meltdowns when Lue was healthy. I guess everyone has forgotten how many big 4th quarter shots he has hit for us.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

what would be the harm in bringing in a 30 year old superstar?

You mean besides hindering the development of the youngest team in the league, killing the cap in the process.

Gee that's a tough one.

You are forgetting that they Hawks were missing both of their veteran pgs during the second have of the last game. And both of the pgs have been hurt either separately or at the same all season long.

We didn't see too many of these fourth quarter meltdowns when Lue was healthy. I guess everyone has forgotten how many big 4th quarter shots he has hit for us.

Man you're right. I mean getting another legit veteran on this team has to be harmful to the growth of the young guys as opposed to them being left out there to flounder time and time again in crunch time while Woody looks on confused. confused.gif When JT was here, we were always concerned about him being ruined by the continuous losing. What's changed? Shouldn't we be more concerned about the young guys learning how to play winning basketball rather than just playing time in a losing effort? And "cap space" needs to pull its weight around here. Cap space has been on the roster for a few seasons now and has done absolutely nothing. grin.gif But seriously, I'm getting tired of hearing the word potential and I'm getting tired of hearing about cap space. Both of those things are useless if they are not used or realized. If they are not being used for the benefit of this team then they are worthless. As far as Lue and Speedy being hurt, So what. Speedy is always hurt and Lue is a backup. Why not use our tradeable assets to bring in a competent starter? We applaud a crap move like bringing in Medvedenko or signing Speedy or Lo Wright, but oppose anything past that. Why is everyone here so quick to shoot down any suggestion to improve this team? confused.gif

Ridiculous? Ridiculous you say? Let me 1st say that I didnt really care if we got the answer or not I just used him as an example of a true leader on the floor. He will get in teamates faces if they are giving %150. My pt was we dont have that right now. I was saying nothing about how iverson would have fit in here only that he would have been a guy that got our young guys going when things were bad or they were not playing with energy.

Quote:

he would have been a guy that got our young guys going when things were bad or they were not playing with energy.

You mean the way he got Iggy going? Looks to me like he was holding Iggy back since Iggy has had the best run of his career since Iverson left.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

he would have been a guy that got our young guys going when things were bad or they were not playing with energy.

You mean the way he got Iggy going? Looks to me like he was holding Iggy back since Iggy has had the best run of his career since Iverson left.

Iggy's just getting more of an opportunity that's all. Just because Pippen did well after Jordan retired the first time doesn't mean that Jordan was holding him back. He probably didn't have as many opportunities to score, but that should be expected when you're playing with a gifted offensive player. But he did learn to contribute without having the ball in his hands all the time. That helped him when it was time for him to be the go-to guy. If anything Pippen learned how to play winning basketball from Jordan. You can apply that same principle to AI and Iggy.

Quote:

You can apply that same principle to AI and Iggy.

Yes i can because Pippen wasn't shooting 10% higher than Jordan when they were playing together.

The AI groupies tried to say the only reason Iggy shot such a high percentage with Iverson is because Iverson set him up for easy shots. Now that has been exposed as BS.

Not only is Iggy continued to shoot 50% but he is also averaging 22 ppg. And all the Iverson groupies were trying to say that Philly didn't have any other scorers other than Iverson.

does anyone really think that either of the Joshs could averaging 22 ppg shooting 50% without JJ? Could Marvin do it?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

You can apply that same principle to AI and Iggy.

Yes i can because Pippen wasn't shooting 10% higher than Jordan when they were playing together.

The AI groupies tried to say the only reason Iggy shot such a high percentage with Iverson is because Iverson set him up for easy shots. Now that has been exposed as BS.

Not only is Iggy continued to shoot 50% but he is also averaging 22 ppg. And all the Iverson groupies were trying to say that Philly didn't have any other scorers other than Iverson.

does anyone really think that either of the Joshs could averaging 22 ppg shooting 50% without JJ? Could Marvin do it?

But the thing is that Iggy has always been a complimentary player...well, at least he was in college. He was a do-it-all type of player who often deferred to superior offensive talent. He's always had the athleticism and talent, but he didn't have the mentality. He needed that time under Iverson until he was ready to be the man. When he first came into the league, it shouldn't be a surprise that he deferred to AI. But now he is the GUY and he has to raise his game accordingly. He's done that, and done quite well for himself as of late. But he benefited from the time he played with AI. I'm not an AI groupie, but I think he could have helped a guy like Marvin become the player that many on this board thinks he can become.

Quote:

He needed that time under Iverson until he was ready to be the man

So Iggy just now became ready to be a scorer, just coincidentally at the same time Iverson left. Sure

The fact is that he has shot 50% the last two years and would have been scoring a lot more point if he wasn't playing with the biggest ball hog in the league.