• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Medvedenko a Hawk?

BornandDieHawks

Quote:

• MAKING ROOM: In order to make room for the signing of veteran power forward/center Slava Medvedenko, the Hawks waived Matt Freije. Medvedenko, who played six seasons with the Lakers but is now a free agent, could be signed as early as Thursday. Freije played in 19 games this season, averaging 1.9 points and 1.1 rebounds

This was from an article in the AJC.

Have we signed this guy yet?

not per the Atlanta Hawks official website. i was looking for that info myself today.

btw if you look at this guy's bio on NBA.com something is fishy. i have no idea who this guy is, maybe he suffered an injury or something, however if you look at his stats 4 years ago he was averaging something like 6 and 6 in 21 mpg.

the guy is only 27-28 years old. he should be peaking right now, not regressing.

Quote:

not per the Atlanta Hawks official website. i was looking for that info myself today.

btw if you look at this guy's bio on NBA.com something is fishy. i have no idea who this guy is, maybe he suffered an injury or something, however if you look at his stats 4 years ago he was averaging something like 6 and 6 in 21 mpg.

the guy is only 27-28 years old. he should be peaking right now, not regressing.

If I remember right he had a problem playing with high basketball IQ. But he's better than Matt so you really can't lose anything with the signing.

Just going off what I hear from Lakers' fans elsewhere...

Slava is probably no better than Freije on defense and does have a problem with picking up fouls. On offense, he's never met a shot he didn't like. Said their announcers used to joke about Slava being on the floor with four HOFers (Shaq/Kobe/Malone/Payton), but him being the one putting up shots...

Whatever...can't be any worse than Freije. If we could ever get everyone healthy, we won't see him anyway.

Quote:

Just going off what I hear from Lakers' fans elsewhere...

Slava is probably no better than Freije on defense and does have a problem with picking up fouls. On offense, he's never met a shot he didn't like. Said their announcers used to joke about Slava being on the floor with four HOFers (Shaq/Kobe/Malone/Payton), but him being the one putting up shots...

Whatever...can't be any worse than Freije. If we could ever get everyone healthy, we won't see him anyway.

why is it that the European little guys seem to be solid team players while the European big men seem to think they are shooters?