• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Vick

DrReality

It was refreshing to hear the announcers talk about trading Vick in light of the drive that Schaub engineered. He took the team down the field in a fashion that has seldom been seen. Workman like fashion instead of Vick scrambling, losing yardage, making a big play, scrambling, etc. They looked like a real football team.

The announcers went on to say that trading him would be very difficult with his salary. But I think Blank is the kind of guy that will not be deterred by that if he decides to make a change. Trade Vick. Get lots of picks, more talent and let Schaub take the helm.

You said it. How nice was it to see a cohesive and efficient drive....kinda like the ones against us whenever we have faced any decent quarterback. This team is actually better with Schaub because teams have to respect both our running and passing attack. It wasn't surprising to see us run the ball better too after Vick left. I'm not sure, but I think Schaub may have surpassed Vick's rushing for the game on that wide open scramble. Anyhow, it's time to wake up people. I know some of you just can't fathom admitting Vick is not our guy anymore. But just remember how we have been dissected by smarter and better qb's this year and look at how Schaub did, once again, when given a chunk of playing time. He did very well and we win this game if he starts.

First of all the trade Mike Vick talk is just stupid. Tell me what did Matt Schaub do in today's game that was so special. The truth of the matter is that the falcons are just a poorly coached team. Its quite a contrast watching the coaching of other teams. Gregg Knapp is horrible play caller and it shows week in and week out. For all you guys that want to blame Vick for everything explain to me why Knapp continues to run the smallest running back in the NFL on short yardage plays and not the fullback. Tell me why the falcons could not stop the same running play that the panthers ran last week. Tell me why Jason Webster continues to start at cornerback when he plays 10 yards off every wide receiver in the league and still gets beat deep.

THE PROBLEM WITH THE FALCONS IS COACHING NOT 1 PLAYER just look at the Eagles even with out McNabb the Eagles still play good football beacause they are a well coached TEAM.

Vick 8/14 81 yards 1 td 0 int 97.6 rating

Schaub 15/21 175 1 td 1 int 92.4 rating

Vick scored his TD on the 1st team D too. Schaub played the 2nd/3rd teamers.(And should have had 2 other passes picked)

Before you defend the guy atleast know who played better.

So are you saying that Schaub had a good or that the offense was better with him in there, if so please have your eyes checked immediately. Maybe you didn't watch the game just like you probably don't watch hawks games that you post about you just read the recap and the boxscore.

It's not that Schaub is better...to me it's that his contract isn't insane, and the money we're paying Vick could be better spent elsewhere.

I freely admit that I don't know much about the way the NFL works, but if this was basketball I would look to do much the same as the Sixers did with Iverson...trade Vick for picks and financial flexibility.

Then I would try to build a team around defense like the Bucs when they were dominant. (After all, we've already got a GM who followed that recipe to a title...and their QB was probalby worse than Schaub.)

I just think that having an elite defense and a pedestrian offense is a much better way to win in the NFL than, say, having a great offense and a pedestrian defense. Vick doesn't even give us that great an offense anyway, plus he's so expensive and injury prone.

Vick is a great player and very exciting, and he helped to resurect the Falcons, but I'm not sure that we're going to see much more from him than what we've seen the last couple of years...some early playoff exists, some seasons where we miss the playoffs altogether, and some seasons where Vick only plays about half the year because of injury.

you know, doug johnson looked pretty good the first year vick missed time with an injury, going 4-1. yeah, he was great, so great that the following year the falcons were like 1-11 without vick. one half does not make a career. vick's not the greatest qb, but that doesn't mean that schaub is better. who do you think would be picked up first in a draft tomorrow? unless you're the texans, i think vick would be picked before schaub. i think it comes down to coaching as much as anything.

i'm surpised people aren't b!tching as much about the falcons getting vick instead of ladanian thomlinson and philip rivers like they have about the hawks getting marvin instead of chris paul.

Dude, I want to thank you for joining Hawksquawk. Let me be the first to say you won't last on this board long if you follow in the footsteps of other childish posters who can't take an opposing viewpoint without responding condescendingly. Grow up! We're all just putting our opinions out there. I can deal with the fact that you still think this team is Vick's to lead. So deal with the fact that I think you are wrong. That's life.

• 2 weeks later...

i know it's football and one man can't make that much difference but, the man make crazy money. at least get us to the playoffs! i used to think trading vick is just a stupid idea but i'm not so sure now. now we have a new coach. this is probably vick's last chance to be successful with the team