• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What about a JT for JR trade?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Add in ... a 1st from GS.

However, JT for JR/1st.

JR being Jason Richardson. I think it's an interesting situ...

Richardson is traditional. JT would be a second ball handler. You have to admit G.A. + JT in the backcourt would be scary in the west. Most Western Backcourts are big trying to match the lakers. However, GS moves to a minime backcourt and play ZOne. I bet they'd bust the scoring clock on most nights.

Us, we get a traditional SG to go along with Dickau and the rest of the gang.

For those keeping score...

That's

DD/JR/GR/SAR/TR...

Then we draft LUKE...

and have the R squad.

LR/JR/GR/SAR/TR!

let's start using a trend of actually typing the players name instead of initials.. it took me 5 minutes to figure out what. G.A. meant...i realized diesel was talking about golden state, not our backcourt before i got it..

i don't like the trade diesel..too many whatifs, couldbes for me to be comfortable...we have a talented team, we just need some movement to make it work in a system...meaning jt at sg and getting a better, taller point.. or something like that..trading one for another won't help much...

• Premium Member

The reason I mentioned it...

again. Many fear moving JT to the SG fulltime (parttime PG) and playing a truer PG like Dickau, K. ANDerson, or Even Vaughn as our PG...

I don't see a problem with it as long as we realize that we become a team that's all about offense. Secondly, as long as we go to a ZONE defense. Many other teams have a similar setup...

New Orleans has Wesley/Davis. TWO GAURDS (PG).

Houston has Francis/Mobley. Two Short Gaurds.

GS has Arenas/Boykins. Two Short Gaurds.

I believe that the minimouse offense can work as long a we play a zone defense.

Secondly. IF we don't want to subscribe to that... Finding a Tall PG will be hard and some of the ones who call themselves PGs are not good enough to initiate an offense. Here, I'm talking about Crawford, Daniels, Reece Gaines, etc. These guys play PG... But they are more like SGs who can handle the ball.

So instead, why not trade JT for a traditional SG and move Dickau up. That's where I get JT for JR/1st. Granted, GS does have a lot of contracts to move. Namely, Fortson for an ending contract. However, after that, I can see it. Or maybe even three way action?