• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Theo or Big Og for cap space...

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Let's face it, the season is over. The Hawks are going to be 10-12 games under .500 by the trade deadline, and THEN are going to have to get through a 7 game road trip...

Since this year was a bust, what makes up think that next year will make any difference? I say trade away Theo or Big Og for an expiring contract or maybe a high draft pick?

What I saw last night was a Big Dog that is finally getting healthy again, and he played great defense last night. He guarded Sprewell for most of the first half, and shut him down. He guarded Houston for most of the second half, and shut him down. 27 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, great defense, and only 2 turnovers.

I'd rather see Atlanta trade Shareef Abdur-Rahim and pick up a defensive thumper like Tyrone Hill to play alongside Theo.

• Premium Member

Don't be fooled by one good defensive night by Big Dog...He simply does not play defense on a consistent basis. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing SAR go, but I think the Hawks would want a young, promising player in return who's still in his rookie contract...

There are probably several playoff teams who could use one of the Big 4 for their playoff run - maybe Detroit would give up the Memphis pick?

Some people try and find lame moral victories.Spree

is pasted his prime and Houston is strictly a jump

shooter who's shot runs hot and cold...Nobody really

shuts him down.You get up on him and either his shot

is falling or it's not.He doesn't take you off the dribble

or overpower or post you up....Nice try.Things aren't

simple minded and they don't always work that way.

That is why got us in trouble with thinking JT is a

good PG.

Not only that,The Knicks are as bad of a ballclub as

the Hawks are.So big deal.

I think it's a myth that he doesn't play defense. He played very good defense at the start of the year, then he got hurt. I think his injuries have effected more than anyone realizes. His elbow problem is the main reason he is shooting a career low percentage wise from the field. The guy is a career 46% shooter.

Too be honest with you, it isn't Glen's man that kills the Hawks usually. It's Shareef's man that kills the Hawks.

The thing that kills me about Shareef though is that I know he could be better. He's got the talent, but he's just too [censored] passive to realize it.

• Premium Member

To be honest, I always thought that Robinson's defense was a "wash" compared with his offense - meaning that on most nights he will allow about the same amount of pts. that he scores...That's not that out of the ordinary for a SF, but for the Hawks, it doesn't work (blame Reef if you must...).

I think Robinson probably has the "best" trade value for the Hawks, b/c IIRC his contract is cheaper than Reef's and Theo's and easier to trade...

• Premium Member

I say we choose a direction and go with it. Not just trade because we want to see a trade. That's silly.

I would rather see this team play with a real PG and Terry at the SG before I say let's get rid of Reef, Dog, or Terry. You all know how I feel about Theo. 7/7 is not really good and I didn't expect him to be that good. So the wish list has a PG and a Rebounder.

• Premium Member

What SG would that be? Unless he's 6'6 or taller, shoots well from the perimeter, plays good defense, passes well, can initiate the offense, will play for cheap, likes to play in front of 800 fans...

Hi, my name is Reality.