• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good and the Bad

WraithSentinel

• Premium Member

Quote:

The good is Smoove revived a lifeless Hawks team. The bad is he might have saved Woodson and BK job. For now though I will enjoy the win and the effort the team showed tonight. Woodson though almost cost this team another win down the stretch. Does he ever call a good play out of a timeout?

Winning is a good deodorant. As bad as the hawks have played lately, that win tonight makes me a little more optimistic. It may be false hope but I guess that's what being a fan is all about. Woody is still a bad coach and BK is still a bad GM, but the bottom line is if we somehow make the playoffs this year their jobs are safe. But I still don't want another 20-30 win season. I just don't see the point of it. If we're going to win, by all means continue winning. But if we're going to lose, then we might as well lose big and get something positive out of it. Another ho-hum season would almost be like being in limbo or something.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Sorry, these types of wins are just a tease...this is a 25 win team. The coaching just isn't good enough. Playoffs? Are you talking about Playoffs?

You're probably right. But I would at least like to see these guys put out more effort than what they did against New Orleans the other night. It was just good to see these guys look like they are on an even playing field with the rest of the league for a change. It's one thing to get beaten, it's quite another thing to not even try.

Hawkman, I'm with you 100%. There are too many times these guys act like winning is optional. They just don't bring it every night. But once in awhile they show like tonight. We all get hope up...they go back to laying eggs. The elite teams have bad games at times but they always play damn hard. Not so with our Hawks.

Quote:

Quote:

The good is Smoove revived a lifeless Hawks team. The bad is he might have saved Woodson and BK job. For now though I will enjoy the win and the effort the team showed tonight. Woodson though almost cost this team another win down the stretch. Does he ever call a good play out of a timeout?

Winning is a good deodorant. As bad as the hawks have played lately, that win tonight makes me a little more optimistic. It may be false hope but I guess that's what being a fan is all about. Woody is still a bad coach and BK is still a bad GM, but the bottom line is if we somehow make the playoffs this year their jobs are safe. But I still don't want another 20-30 win season. I just don't see the point of it. If we're going to win, by all means continue winning. But if we're going to lose, then we might as well lose big and get something positive out of it. Another ho-hum season would almost be like being in limbo or something.

Agreed on Woodson but how is Knight a bad GM. Woody doesn't seem to play the right players, substitute correctly, or draw up plays. I think his behavior continues even with a healthy squad.

BK on the other hand assembled a team that should be running and I feel would be in the playoff hunt despite Woody and the injuries. If the Hawks healed and had a new coach we'd be the 6th seed this year and top 4 the next.

Belkin and a top 3 pick are not going to help us in the long run. We need experience, not another high pick to groom.

I agree to some extent. It's clear that BK has made some mistakes, but I don't know how bad they are because I'm not sure how good we'd be with a real coach. Woody is HORRIBLE. I mean for instance against the hornets, end of the third (I believe), I'm literally yelling "we have a foul to give", and instead they let them run the clock down and hit a 3 in our face to end the quarter. We never go for the 2 for 1 at the end of quarters. He played a 3 PG lineup with Chill at PF and Lo at C, then later plays a lineup with Chill-JJ as the backcourt. His substitutions are horrible. His end-of-quarter decisions are horrible. Our offense has no flow. He has developed zero down the stretch plays other than a Joe isolation with the option of a kickout if he's doubled.

The ONLY thing I liked about Woody was that through all the losing he kept the team focused and they never gave up. Then I saw us give up for 2-3 weeks, and I'm just wondering why he's here. I swear my coach when I was 6 years old was better than Woody. I'm not even joking.

I don't know how much the pending lawsuit impacts his job, but otherwise, he needs to go ASAP. They can keep him until the end of the year if they want since we wont get anyone good midseason, but we need a real coach by next year.