• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Smoove?

Plastic Man

Quote:

It's MW that's 6 months older
(check your facts), has a year of (major college) experience instead of straight out of HS, and was a #2 not #18 pick!

I repeat NO EXCUSE!

W

Could you please enumerate what exactly there is no excuse for?

Is there no excuse for Marvin Williams not taking over games? Or what exactly?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

...and doing so despite a year of major college ball under his belt verses straight out of HS.

Both have a sufficient enough sample size. Their production per48 TENDEX is:

Marvin = 12.49

Greene = 18.27

Greene per minute is 146.3% as productive. Who is the more experienced, vastly higher pick here?!?

W

I think most people don't realize that Marvin was a very young freshman at UNC. He could have been a senior in HS...one article I read said Marvin was going to go pro after HS but he was such a young senior he chose college for a year. I am amazed that people rag on this 20 year old kid like they do, it makes no sense. Marvin will be a very good player soon, I have seen this too many times. When the light goes on...Smoove has played more than MW and it shows.

MW's biggest crime is his age and experience. He was not as ready as the two PGs so now he is a bust? He is still averaging 12ppg, not the end of the world for a 20 year old. I wish people would back off and let nature take its course. Walter wont like him when he is an All Star.

Quote:

Quote:

...and doing so despite a year of major college ball under his belt verses straight out of HS.

Both have a sufficient enough sample size. Their production per48 TENDEX is:

Marvin = 12.49

Greene = 18.27

Greene per minute is 146.3% as productive. Who is the more experienced, vastly higher pick here?!?

W

Okay, so the bar is Gerald Green. Do we have the TENDEX numbers for if Gerald Green was playing on the Hawks in Marvin's place? That would be a pretty useful stat here.

Quote:

Okay, so the bar is Gerald Green. Do we have the TENDEX numbers for if Gerald Green was playing on the Hawks in Marvin's place? That would be a pretty useful stat here.

GG was the 18th overall pick. That should NEVER be the bar for a #2 pick.

And who's to say GG wouldn't be even better when playing on the Hawks than behind Pierce in Boston?

I simply haven't seen MW's step up to anything.

W

Quote:

Quote:

GG was the 18th overall pick. That should NEVER be the bar for a #2 pick.

And who's to say GG wouldn't be even better when playing on the Hawks than behind Pierce in Boston?

I simply haven't seen MW's step up to anything.

W

So what is the bar for a #2 pick with the experience level that Marvin had, and his age? There aren't a whole lot of comparable selections in history.

Quote:

one article I read said Marvin was going to go pro after HS but he was such a young senior he chose college for a year.

He went to college for a year because he was like the 8th best HS player to come out that year, AND behind Josh Smith. He would have went mid to late twenties had he come out of the '04 draft.

Quote:

Marvin has had much better games than Green did today. Walter, you aren't going to like anything Marvin does regardless. Eventually, just how wrong you are will be proven. In the interim, just keep ripping him if it makes you feel better.

BTW, Green has had much better games than he did today but overall per minute (in both large enough sample sizes) he's 146% as productive as MW. MW simply is not productive or efficient.

I don't have any fear that MW will be a better Sf than JS or better player than Deron (or Paul). That's the standard and I feel very safe.

W

Quote:

Quote:

one article I read said Marvin was going to go pro after HS but he was such a young senior he chose college for a year.

He went to college for a year because he was like the 8th best HS player to come out that year, AND behind Josh Smith. He would have went mid to late twenties had he come out of the '04 draft.

hating the players on the team which you choose to root for must be quite difficult.

Quote:

You are so off with this post I'm not getting into it. Go back and do some research. It may help you to avoid making ridiculous statements in the future. I'm done with this whole deal. Adios.

Ok well here is your research..

Since you don't believe me, this is the hoopshype rankings of high school players before the 2004 draft.

http://www.insidehoops.com/high-school-2004.shtml

Quote:

1) Dwight Howard - 6-10/225 Atlanta (GA) Southwest Atlanta Christian

2) Sebastian Telfair - 6-0/160 New York (NY) Lincoln

3) Al Jefferson - 6-9/260 Prentiss (MS) Prentiss

4) Shaun Livingston - 6-6/170 Peoria (IL) Peoria Central

5) Josh Smith - 6-8/200 Powder Springs (GA) McEachern

6) LaMarcus Aldridge - 6-11/215 Dallas (TX) Seagoville

7) Daniel Gibson - 6-2/200 Houston (TX) Jones

8) Joe Crawford - 6-4/205 Detroit (MI) Renaissance

9) Rudy Gay - 6-8/205 Capitol Heights (MD) Archbishop Spalding

10) Marvin Williams Jr. - 6-9/225 Bremerton (WA) Bremerton

BTW this was also written in his draftexpress scouting report..

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=59#

Quote:

Offensively, Marvin has only shown that he can score in
one of four ways
: open and stand still jumpshots, lay-ups/dunks and on fast breaks, put-backs and free throws.
Marvin hasn't shown he has the ability to put the ball on the floor and create his own shot consistently
, whether it's driving around a defender to get all the way to the rim or merely shooting off the dribble. If Marvin is going to be a great small forward in the NBA he will need to develop this part of his game. Also,
Marvin has shown no post moves
outside of trying to overpower his opponents with a drop-step toward the basket. When surrounded by defenders in the paint Marvin often
gets his shot blocked
because he has yet to show a jump hook, a fadeaway or an up-and-under move. In fact, Marvin's best offensive move in the paint is trying to get to the free throw line. He will not be able to draw fouls easily against more experienced defenders. If Marvin is going to be a great power forward in the NBA he will need to develop this part of his game

There's your research, it's funny that EVERYTHING I have stated he can't do, is PRECISELY what draftexpress had before the draft.

I don't hate Marvin, I hate the Marvin PICK. Which means my frustrations are with BK. Marvin is a good kid and good person, and I hope as much as anyone he becomes a great player, I actually feel bad that he has to take all this flack.

It's not his fault that he is simply not talented enough to live up to the expectations that were cast upon him..

Quote:

I don't hate Marvin, I hate the Marvin PICK. Which means my frustrations are with BK. Marvin is a good kid and good person, and I hope as much as anyone he becomes a great player, I actually feel bad that he has to take all this flack.

It's not his fault that he is simply not talented enough to live up to the expectations that were cast upon him..

Um, but you are a member of the group giving him flack, and you are one of the ones putting unrealistic expectations upon him. So.... stop?

Quote:

Please don't compare Sheldens sloppy set shot to Marvins. Shelden was the 5th pick and he is a BUST right before your eyes.

Shelden shoots 10% better from the ft line than Marvin as well as shooting better from the perimeter and from the field overall.

You are criticizing people for saying Marvin is a bust yet you insist on saying Shelden is a bust with nothing to back it up. Shelden is ranked 6th in the Rookie Rankings while marvin didnt make the All-Rookie team and surely has no chance to make the All-Sophmore team.

Quote:

Quote:

It's MW that's 6 months older
(check your facts)...

I repeat NO EXCUSE!

Dude you get dumber and dumber by the minute. The sad part is that you thought he was 2 years older. Then you clearly looked it up after I exposed you the first time and you still couldn't figure it out.

Gerald Green was born on Jan 26 1986. Marvin was born on June 19 1986, at which point Gerald Green was nearly 5 months old.

Maybe that's too hard for you.

Gerald Green turns 21 in 11 days. Marvin turns 21 in June of this year. Let me know if you need further explanations to understand.

I might have to start ignoring you again, because arguing with a retard can't be good for my karma.

BABALITY.

Lascar. Wins.

Quote:

There's your research, it's funny that EVERYTHING I have stated he can't do, is PRECISELY what draftexpress had before the draft.

So all of your posts should include a bibliography. Please include this in the future to avoid copyright infringement.

Quote:

Quote:

You are so off with this post I'm not getting into it. Go back and do some research. It may help you to avoid making ridiculous statements in the future. I'm done with this whole deal. Adios.

Ok well here is your research..

Since you don't believe me, this is the hoopshype rankings of high school players before the 2004 draft.

http://www.insidehoops.com/high-school-2004.shtml

Quote:

1) Dwight Howard - 6-10/225 Atlanta (GA) Southwest Atlanta Christian

2) Sebastian Telfair - 6-0/160 New York (NY) Lincoln

3) Al Jefferson - 6-9/260 Prentiss (MS) Prentiss

4) Shaun Livingston - 6-6/170 Peoria (IL) Peoria Central

5) Josh Smith - 6-8/200 Powder Springs (GA) McEachern

6) LaMarcus Aldridge - 6-11/215 Dallas (TX) Seagoville

7) Daniel Gibson - 6-2/200 Houston (TX) Jones

8) Joe Crawford - 6-4/205 Detroit (MI) Renaissance

9) Rudy Gay - 6-8/205 Capitol Heights (MD) Archbishop Spalding

10) Marvin Williams Jr. - 6-9/225 Bremerton (WA) Bremerton

BTW this was also written in his draftexpress scouting report..

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=59#

Quote:

Offensively, Marvin has only shown that he can score in
one of four ways
: open and stand still jumpshots, lay-ups/dunks and on fast breaks, put-backs and free throws.
Marvin hasn't shown he has the ability to put the ball on the floor and create his own shot consistently
, whether it's driving around a defender to get all the way to the rim or merely shooting off the dribble. If Marvin is going to be a great small forward in the NBA he will need to develop this part of his game. Also,
Marvin has shown no post moves
outside of trying to overpower his opponents with a drop-step toward the basket. When surrounded by defenders in the paint Marvin often
gets his shot blocked
because he has yet to show a jump hook, a fadeaway or an up-and-under move. In fact, Marvin's best offensive move in the paint is trying to get to the free throw line. He will not be able to draw fouls easily against more experienced defenders. If Marvin is going to be a great power forward in the NBA he will need to develop this part of his game

that list from 1 to 10 looks about right. I'm not sure who Crawford is.

that was a pretty strong HS class.

Quote:

that list from 1 to 10 looks about right. I'm not sure who Crawford is.

that was a pretty strong HS class.

He's that fmaous NBA ref. I guess he still had NCAA eligibility.