• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A dozen deals to save this disaster.

DJ_Money

Here’s 12 ideas on how to make our team better. Obviously, something has to happen. We

can probably go ahead and scrap this season. Here’s to next year and hoping that we win

the lottery.

(Yes, I know the salaries don’t work. I wasn’t bothering with that, throw in filler where

it’s needed.)

1. JT/Hendu to Miami for Jones

Jones is the scoring, ballhandling, defending SG that we need...but do we give up JT to

get him? I’d love to send Robinson, but I doubt Riley would go for it. We’d be in salary

cap [censored] with Jones, Robinson, SAR, and Theo here.

2. Robinson to New York for Spree

They were rumored to be switching places over the summer, why not now? Spree is a

much better defender and ballhandler than Robinson, despite slowing down over the past

couple years. Babcock says he won’t trade for Spree, so why not fire him and find a GM

who will?

3. Nazr/Glover to Orlando for Miller/DeClercq

Not a very good chance of this happening with Hill out again. But, Orlando needs a big

man in the worst way. Do you think they could get desperate enough? They could play

Glover at the 2, T-Mac at the 3. Very doubtful, though.

4. Theo to Philly for DC/1st

We clear some cap room and pick up a pick. Throw Nazr in at center, send DC to the

Gentlemen’s Club to keep him quiet. Pick will probably end up at about #20, but it’s

better than what we’re looking at.

5. Robinson/Nazr to Chicago for Rose/Crawford

Anybody not want Jalen after today? This trade makes so much sense for both teams. We

get two ballhandlers, Chicago gets another talented big man and room for JWill to grow.

Only problem, we could be even worse defensively, if that’s possible. Jalen can’t guard

SFs. Crawford/JT/Jalen/SAR/Theo would be the smallest lineup in the L. Still, this is

probably my personal favorite.

6. Nazr to Toronto for Alvin Williams

The big PG we covet to play with JT. I don’t think Toronto is sold on Alston, but Nazr

could make up their minds quickly. They need bodies, especially big bodies.

7. SAR to Houston for Griffin/1st

We’re taking a chance on a player who looks great one minute, horrible the next. Houston

would have the most talented lineup in the league with Francis/Mobley/Posey/SAR/Ming.

We start off with young talent, because what we have obviously isn’t working now.

8. Theo to Memphis for Battier/Lo

Memphis has an absolute orgy of talent at the 2, 3, and 4 spots. Battier, Dickerson,

Gooden, Gasol, Swift. They’ve got nothing at center though. We would be fine with Lo

and Nazr at C, and we get the player we’ve always wanted in Battier. Can he play the 2,

however?

9. SAR/Robinson to Minnesota for Garnett

This would go down as one of the biggest trades in recent memory. Neither teams is going

anywhere with what they have. We get a star in KG. People would come to Phillips to see

him. Theo and Garnett would own the paint on D. Minnesota would have scorers, but give

up 150 a game with Wally, Dog, and SAR together.

10. JT to Golden State for Richardson/1st

Golden State could play the ultimate mini-me backcourt with Boykins/JT or the Wildcat

connection with Arenas/JT. Richardson can’t handle or shoot, but at least he’s exciting.

We’d also be getting a pick in the 8-12 range.

11. JT/1st to LAC for ‘Dre Miller

We get a guy who can distribute the ball. Miller isn’t working out in LA. They’ve got Jaric

in waiting and Odom who can run things for now. They’d become even more exciting with

JT on board. Sterling gets out of a max deal. JT can be signed for cheaper, or he can walk.

12. JT/Nazr to Seattle for Mason/Anderson

JT and Anderson get to go home. Seattle can then show GP the door. JT can play PG if he

has Barry to work beside him. Take the cap room and go after J. O’Neal. We can a SG

that can play on both ends and a PG to hold us over. If we think Dickau is ready for next

year, Kenny can walk. If not, bring him back for cheap.

SAR to Houston for Griffin/Rice/1st. Someone proposed Griffin/Cato/1st but I'd rather have Rice as his contract is two years shorter than Cato's.

JT/Nazr to Chicago for Crawford/Marshall.

To be honest I'm not sure I'd do either deal. Before this season I probably wouldn't have even considered the Houston deal but now I think I'd do it.

• Premium Member

I was noticing about Rice as well - he would be a good shooter to bring off the bench (Man, he would hate that though) and would be excellent trade bait next year...

Chicago would want someone to take back E. Robinson's contract if Crawford was traded, plus JT & Jay Wms. couldn't play in the same backcourt together...