• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A note from a Big Dog Fan!

Diesel

• Premium Member

I normally don't repost... however, this deserves conversation.

In reply to:

(FROM A MILWAUKEE BUCKS POST)

First off , let me start off by saying that if you watch a game .. count how many times atlanta posts dog up , or runs dog around a screan .. I CAN COUNT EM ON ONE (bleep)ING HAND ! Dog gets literally 4-6 plays ran for him a game ...Glenn will NOT be productive in that kind of scheme because of his lack of a handle ... Then what happens to glenn is he starts to force the issue .. DRIBBLING ON THE PERMITER , TRYING TO CREATE , TAKING LONG AKWARD JUMPERS !

After awhile , glenn just quits giving a crap ... His defesne SLACKS , his intensity drops ...

The most succsessful way to coach glenn robinson is to get HIM INVOLVED EARLY ! .. Run 3 consecutive plays for him in the post , and watch how his intesity picks up ...He defends better , he makes solid passes BECAUSE INSTEAD OF SITTING ON THE PERMITER THINKING ABOUT BASKETBAL , HE IS JUST PLAYING BASKETBALL !

Reacting without thinking ... When u let glenn think , he grows insecure , he OVER thinks and hesitates and makes POOR DECSISIONS !

Atlanta involved him early in the year and he played .. he REACTED ... Now hes thinking and hesitating ...

Glenn is going to SHOOT the ball regardless ...Its up to the coaching staff to put him in position to shoot to his strenghts ...They are NOT doing that ...I would rather start Dham and get the defense and hustle , then to start glenn and have him watch abdur rahim on the permiter ...Watch a few hawks games ..Glenn is on the permiter at the 3 point line standing there 80% of the possessions ... then when the ball does somehow make it to him he either gives it up , puts it on the ground for a t.o. or he takes a bad shot !

But the truth remains ... Glenn is NOT playing good ball at all .. injuries my ass , hes out there and not performing well ...

Of course glenn haters blame glenn .. anyone who plays this game and understands talent can see that glenn isnt involved at all in set plays.. He is not being put in a position that plays to his strenghts but instead being put in one that exploits his weaknesses !

Side note to tmac ... I dont think youve watched to much ball over the years .. the comment " Dog had Vin B to create double teams and get open looks " reflects it !

Yeah Vin Baker was GREAT at kicking out of them double teams huh ?? People on the inside of this franchise referd to Vin B as the " Black hole " ... Once it went in , it never came back out !

I agree with one thing .. GLENNS PLAY THE PAST MONTH AND A HALF IS PURE GARBAGE ! Id rather see Dham start then to see glenn ...

But put the blame where it belongs ... If youre gonna put Glenn Robinson in a position to create for himself and his team from 23 feet YOU ARE FOOLISH ! and thats what atlanta is doing .....

• Admin

say what you will about dog. But if he's used correctly, he's a VERY good player. I just don't think he's been used correctly by either Kruger or Stotts. What the poster said was correct. Run screens for him and post him up. Many of us here, including you I think, have said "why aren't we setting screens for bigdog?".

I don't know that I fully agree about his defensive intensity picking up as a result. But the idea is not without merit.

I still say that Bigdog, Shareef and a PG that can run an offense could be successful here and I stick by that.

Ok now this definitely don't make any sense to me. For Big Dog to be a good defensive player he has to score more than 20ppg. That is the biggest BS I have ever heard in my life, he is our leading scorer and yet he wants the ball more. He practically jacks up every pass he gets. Where is his pride?

Looks to me by this post that he is saying, " I play defense if I score more" Thats the biggest BS I seen. We get the ball for Big Dog on the post alot of times during the game, he gets open 3's at times, he gets about 6-7 passes off screens and yet he wants more, did he forget there is another guy here that also wants to look pretty in the box score.

Please do not say to me that for a guy that makes 5-6 millions a year , possibly more, would only play Defense and will pick up his intensity only if he scores more than 21 ppg. Thats the biggest BS I have heard. Surprises me that Diesel and Chillz actually believe this Bucks fan.

• Admin

I don't buy the defensive intensity part. That just shows that he's a selfish player. But I do accept the rest. We do not use him properly. We are taking reggie miller and trying to use him like MJ. You can't put the ball in reggies hands and expect him to create and be successful. We do that with big dog EVERY GAME. Then we come back here and have to listen to how bigdog sucks.

If he were used properly he'd look a LOT better than he does now. Set screens for him, find him in motion AND THEN give him the proper help when he gets double teamed. We rarely do any of those things.

i LAUGH..Anybody with Brains knows he doesn't

play defense regardless and he is a selfish player.

This guy isn;t used right...That guy is in the wrong

position....This guy needs that guy to be effective.

Face it,these guys suck....Neither Puppy Dog or

Reef carry a team good enough to warrant their

salary.

Just because a guy on another team is overpaid

doesn't mean it's okay here.

Puppy Dog is garbage.He's worthless when it comes

to winning and losing he's a loser as a person and

as a player.