• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you see the Hawks in the playoffs this year?

Im sticking to my preseason prediction. 34-35 wins.

That may or may not be good enough to get us in in this terrible conference.

Prediction aside, it comes down to the rest of this month.

If we can survive the most brutal stretch of games in the entire NBA (by far not even close they screwed us so much), then we have a great chance.

But Im afraid that the end of this month may put us too far behind to catch up the final two months.

But boy if we somehow got out this month only 3-4 games behind the Heat, that 8th spot could be ours because our schedule in March and April could easily set us up to gain that ground.

Quote:

If we do make the playoffs though I think we could be dangerous to our first round opponents!

I'd love to see us in the playoffs....but i DON'T see us making any kind of dent in the 1st round.

Let us not forget, not only do we play SAS, HOU, and DAL, we ALSO play PHX again here @ home...i'm looking foward to a win though, especially since it's a retro night!

The way this team shows up against the top competition, but struggles against the weaker teams, we might do some damage in the playoffs if we make it. I know it's a tough road ahead to get to the playoffs, but who knows?

The team needs a much better situation at PG. That position is so key and we have been making due without one. Speedy is wrong in every aspect except on ball defense. We need a distributor that can also knock down an open J.

If we had Roy right now we would be heading to the playoffs. SW was a waste...the team is doing fine while he doesn't play.

• Premium Member

We have a home and home versus Chicago...

Then we have Philly, Dallas.

These next four games will be key. I don't have a good feel about the chicago games. They offer that element that hurts us the most. A good rebounding team. A good three point shooting team.

Utah is the best rebounding team in the game.

Chicago is #8.

The Clipps are #9.

Last night, we beat the clipps without Brand.

We lost to Utah without Boozer.

I think that Everybody will be present for the Chicago game.

I think that kind of paints the picture for what type of team we're playing next.

However, there is hope.

Chicago is a team that we just have to get out and run against.

A healthy Speedy is a good thing!

Moreover, Speedy/Chillz has to be Ben Gordon's shawdow. For the last couple of years, it has been Gordon who has killed us.

• Premium Member

Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

Instead of focusing on what's wrong with our PG situation. At least give Speedy a chance. I like having a PG who doesn't allow the constant layup drill that we saw all last season. I see shades of Mookie in Speedy. I like having a PG who knows how to drive and KICK...

I don't think that there's so much wrong with Speedy. I think you just need something to [censored] about and Speedy's the flavor of the day. I actually like the rotation of Speedy and Lue when they are both healthy. saythat.gif Speedy's not a shooter, but to say he's not a distributor tells me that you must not be watching games.

There's some areas that we need to change, however, I think at PG, we need to really sit back and evaluate what we have (and maybe seek out a younger guy) but your constant moaning about ROY... Gosh man, give it a rest!!!

Speedy likes to drive...and BRICK. The dude is not the PG solution. He is not a great passer by any means and he can't throw it in the ocean.

Speedy is a back-up PG. It is what it is...I'm not surprised you don't get it. Z is also a good back-up. Neither Craig or Z should be starting. Speedy is a career back up. He is no spring chicken and he has never been a starter...I suspect other GMs knew something BK didn't.

If this team had a true up tempo PG that could run and dish we would be a better team and contending for the playoffs this season.