• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel Does it AGAIN!!! Brilliance!

Diesel

• Premium Member

Tell Kasten, I'm applying for the GM's job. I have a trade that effectively cuts some salary. Gives us good players. AND fills our most important NEED... ALL without causing a big hole... AND... ALL three teams would benefit!!!

Atlanta trades: C Nazr Mohammed (5.4 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.1 apg in 13.5 minutes)

PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim (19.9 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 2.9 apg in 38.4 minutes)

Atlanta receives: C Dan Gadzuric (4.5 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 0.2 apg in 18.7 minutes)

SF Jalen Rose (23.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 4.6 apg in 41.0 minutes)

PF Marcus Fizer (11.8 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 1.2 apg in 21.3 minutes)

PF Corie Blount (2.2 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 14.0 minutes)

Change in team outlook: +16.3 ppg, +6.7 rpg, and +3.9 apg.

Milwaukee trades: SG Ray Allen (21.8 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 3.4 apg in 35.8 minutes)

PF Anthony Mason (8.5 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 3.5 apg in 34.4 minutes)

C Dan Gadzuric (4.5 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 0.2 apg in 18.7 minutes)

Milwaukee receives: C Nazr Mohammed (5.4 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.1 apg in 21 games)

PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim (19.9 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 2.9 apg in 43 games)

Change in team outlook: -9.5 ppg, -5.1 rpg, and -4.1 apg.

Chicago trades: SF Jalen Rose (23.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 4.6 apg in 41.0 minutes)

PF Marcus Fizer (11.8 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 1.2 apg in 21.3 minutes)

PF Corie Blount (2.2 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 14.0 minutes)

Chicago receives: SG Ray Allen (21.8 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 3.4 apg in 37 games)

PF Anthony Mason (8.5 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 3.5 apg in 39 games)

Change in team outlook: -6.8 ppg, -1.6 rpg, and +0.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Chicago.

Gains Allen, Mason for Rose, Fizer, Blount. On paper it looks like a Chicago loss... However, Allen would be more of what CHicago needed than Rose. Allen is a good shot who can help Jay WIlliams and not do the things that rose does.

Milwaukee.

THey lose Allen and Mason. Truth be known, Mason is the problem in Milwaukee. Allen has become tradeable now that they have Redd playing like an allstar. I think part of Big Dog's commentary on ALlen was true. However, they get Shareef and Nazr. The numbers don't pile up because Nazr doesn't play much... However, Nazr would be the best C Milwaukee has had since Kareem.

Cassell/Redd/T2/SHareef/Nazr would be a hard team to beat.

Atlanta.

We have traded for Youth. We got as a squad:

Theo/Fizer/Big Dog/Rose/JT. ON paper it doesn't look much better than what we have now...

However ROse would be the best compliment to Terry that we can find. Fizer is not a world beater at PF. He's definitely not Reef, but he rebounds and plays defense.

Our Salary relief starts with Blount... But Still Theo would have to be traded. And when he is traded, Gadzurich is not a bad upcoming young C.

I don't think that Dog and Rose could co-exist - it'd be just like he and Allen all over again. Rose is a very good player, but not someone that GRob would admit to as being better than him, thus they're be a power struggle for "who's team is this" and neither would like it.

GRob either has to a) be the focal point of the offense and team in general, or b) forced to play alongside someone, say a healthy Vince Carter/ TMac/ Kobe that he can freely admit to their being the superstar without losing any face or confidence in his own ability and game.

Looking at your proposed team after the trade, why couldn't we just send Reef to Chicago for Rose/Fizer? We may have to throw in Glover or someone else for salary cap filler but that's okay too.

Nazr/Hendu

Theo/Fizer/Ham

Dog/Ira/CC

Rose/Benjamin

JT/DD

I think that deal makes us more balanced, I just hope Rose's attitude wouldn't be a problem. I think Reef is a better player than Rose but I still am not convinced that Reef and Dog will ever be able to adequately defend the frontcourt no matter who the Center is.

All that being said, of course I would rather trade Theo or Dog and get Rose in return but I don't see that happening.