• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How the tank race is shaping up

CBAreject

With Seattle's win over Charlotte, there is a 4-way tie for the 3rd worst record in the league at 22-38 between Mil, Philly, ATL, and Char.

Charlotte is in the best position to out tank the field because Okafor is now out for a few games. Milwaukee is probably going to be too good now that Redd is back, so I expect them to outplay us. I also expect Philly to continue to play decent ball with their true PG and strong defensive center.

We are playing some pretty listless ball again, but it will be hard for us to not win some games with Smoove playing the way he is.

Boston may get hot and catch us, but I find that very doubtful with only 22 games to play. Would love to see it happen, but it's doubtful.

I expect it to end up this way:

1) Memphis

2) Boston

3) Cha

4) ATL

Boston may catch Charlotte, though. If Charlotte gets a top 2 pick, we are in trouble. They are already better than we are at the key positions, and they have tons more cap space. Charlotte was built by much smarter people.

How's this?

Wallace

Okafor

Oden

Vince Carter

Felton

Yeah, we can't really contend with that...ever.

Quote:

If Charlotte gets a top 2 pick, we are in trouble. They are already better than we are at the key positions, and they have tons more cap space. Charlotte was built by much smarter people.

How's this?

Wallace

Okafor

Oden

Vince Carter

Felton

I don't see how Charlotte is way better at any position than us when they have a worst record. Who are you talking about Felton and Okafor? Well I would take Smoove and JJ over them any day. And who says it's set in stone that Vince is going there next year? It isn't about having TONS of capspace but using your capspace wisely, which is what we have to do.

Quote:

Quote:

If Charlotte gets a top 2 pick, we are in trouble.
They are already better than we are at the key positions
, and they have tons more cap space. Charlotte was built by much smarter people.

How's this?

Wallace

Okafor

Oden

Vince Carter

Felton

I don't see how Charlotte is way better at any position than us when they have a worst record. Who are you talking about Felton and Okafor? Well I would take Smoove and JJ over them any day. And who says it's set in stone that Vince is going there next year? It isn't about having TONS of capspace but using your capspace wisely, which is what we have to do.

He is talking about the center and pg positions, and frankly every team is better off than we are at those two positions.

The problem with the whole tank theory is that the only thing mgt could do to purposely throw games is to play JJ and Smith significantly fewer minutes. And it is also clear that they wouldn't go along with this. Since they are basically the two franchise players they would have to be on board for it to work. You don't want to piss off the only two guys who have proven they are worth keeping.

Secondly it is highly unlikely that Woody and BK would try to do this since their jobs are on the line. And for BK tanking would be akin to admitting his moves have been a failure. Frankly i believe the Hawks chances of winning a title this year are better than BK admitting he made a bad move.

So this whole tanking argument is much ado about nothing. It isn't going to happen. If the Hawks continue to lose it will be because they really are that bad, not because they are tanking.

Guest Walter

Quote:

And for BK tanking would be akin to admitting his moves have been a failure. Frankly i believe the Hawks chances of winning a title this year are better than BK admitting he made a bad move.

So this whole tanking argument is much ado about nothing. It isn't going to happen. If the Hawks continue to lose it will be because they really are that bad, not because they are tanking.

These listless, lifeless owners have to pull the plug. That's what has to happen.

That is still more likely than BK admitting directy or indirectly that he EVER has made an error.

W

i just dont agree that Brevin Knight or Raymond Felton are that much better than anyone we have. Felton is nice but his shot is suspect, IMO, and he stays hurt. And who is there Center, anyway? is it okafor or Brezec? if it is Okafor, he is injury prone and soft, if it is Brezec... who is that anyway?

Quote:

i just dont agree that Brevin Knight or Raymond Felton are that much better than anyone we have. Felton is nice but his shot is suspect, IMO, and he stays hurt. And who is there Center, anyway? is it okafor or Brezec? if it is Okafor, he is injury prone and soft, if it is Brezec... who is that anyway?

Knight and Felton aren't much better than our pgs? Okafor is soft?

I have to confess that you have left me at a complete loss for words and that doesn't happen often.

• Moderators

Bear in mind that Charlotte has enjoyed better draft position to date.

Here are the draft picks we have each had since Charlotte came into the league - which was contemporaneous with our house cleaning along with the PG/C availability for guys picked within 4 of the selection:

Charlotte:

#2 (premium big man available - Okafor)

#3 (excellent big man available - Aldridge)

#5 (excellent PG available - Felton)

Atlanta:

#2 (premium PG available - Paul/Deron)

CBA you are forgetting that Lue isn't back in game shape and Anthony Johnson is still learning to play with his teammates. The Hawks will win at least 9 or 10more games before the end of the season. We will finish with at least 31 or 32wins, which will probably put or team with around the 7thworst record.