• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Contracts beside....

DJlaysitup

Quote:

tough call, but I probably would...

I'd hate losing Joe...

Yeah Spiral...I probably overstated the "CP3 will get us somewhere" part...but this would be a nice lineup:

CP3

JChillz

JSmoove

whichever PF isn't in the doghouse

Zaza

and the rest of our backups.

I think that lineup would contend for the playoffs in the East easy.

Your crazy if you think that lineup would take us to the playoffs. CP3 can't even take the Hornets to the playoffs and they have a better team. Trade JJ and Marvin for CP3? are you nuts!! that is laughable.

I wouldnt do it even if it did save you all that capspace. Ignoring the capspace would make it even less likely I would do it.

I guess I would do any other Marvin combo on the team except Marvin and Smoove. However, if I were to package Marvin and Chillz I'd probably go after Dwight Howard, a top two pick this year, then Deron or CP3.

Why not? An All-Star PG for an All-Star (due to injuries) SG? PG's are much harder to comeby and more valuable to a team as far as winning goes.

Nothing against JJ...but CP3 would be more valuable to just about anybody in the league. If this question were asked to a nationwide audience of basketball fans I would venture to say that 80% would want CP3 over JJ.

• Premium Member

Quote:

That's retarded, you would give 37points, 8-9rebs, and 6 assists, 18pts, 4rebs, 9assists and injury prone, havent our little point guard taught u a lesson

I'm sorry, but I don't speak Run-on. What does that sentence mean?

uglyhammer.gif

Yeah this trade is just ridiculous man. CP3 for JJ/Marvin straight up? LOL JJ is more valuable than CP3 at this point in their careers period. Everyone acts like CP3 has already taken his team to the finals or something. Wake up call dude - Hornets suck still! It would have to look something like this for it to even be considered:

JJ/Marvin for CP3/Chandler/draft pick

• Premium Member

Quote:

what exactly has CP3 done that is so amazing, he hasn't done anything, at least not yet. i know he's a good player and would love to have him but not for JJ, and then your throwing marvin in too. that's insane.

Is the truth being expressed.

Definitely, we should have choosen Paul over Marvin..

But the truth expressed here is that Marvin is redundant. Redundancy is what has keep Smoove at the 4 (out of position) and our Pfs (all of them) in the imaginary doghouse. Imaginary because none of them has done anything that warrants them being in it.

I don't think N.O. would even consider the trade, but if they did, we'd be foolish not to take it.

It's so much harder to find a franchise PG than to find a franchise Sg.

Paul or Deron would be so valuable to this franchise and definitely make Smoove a star.

Imagine every time down, we had a PG who can find Smoove breaking or Chillz breaking.

People our team was built to run. Once we get out of this mode with our runnings, bringing the ball up and have a PG who can do it AND find the open man on the break, we will have something special.

But first we need to get rid of the coach who thinks that "you can't teach young players how to run... or You must teach the pick and handoff halfcourt offense"...

Bring in Paul Westhead and I'm sure the Hawks would be feared by most teams.

Then we would be working from our strengths.

Quote:

Redundancy is what has keep Smoove at the 4 (out of position)

Yeah we're playing Smoove out of position considering he's putting up the best numbers of his life at the PF. Not to mention how awfully he began the season at SF when Marvin was out. I really don't understand how people still think he's more effective at the SF. Especially for a running team, he's the perfect PF.

• Premium Member

Yes, Smoove is putting up good numbers, but the question is would he put up equally good numbers (or better numbers as a Sf?). Answer this:

What about his game says PF?

I believe that if you really understand basketball and you really look critically, you will see a Sf playing the 4 position.