• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A trade will still probably be made???!??!

Diesel

• Premium Member

Even though we have been winning. A trade is on the way still. Mainly because of Money.

Atlanta will trade for an ending contract?

Here's some of the doosies I have heard..

1. Theo for Hakeem/Hunter/ 1st(2003)

Now that Vince is back, Toronto is winning. Theo could put them over the top. We get money from Hakeem and the first. BUT..... Can a Hunter/Terry Backcourt work? Probably. Also, how high will that first get? IF IT'S Lottery, I say consider this trade.

2. Shareef for Smith/1st (2003).

This is the most ridiculous trade I heard. It gives the Spurs a great team. Do they move Duncan to C? Smith is past his prime. He's a big gaurd. He's got an ending contract... BUT.. For Reef? I'd rather send Theo. And what pick do we get? Number 28?? Please?

3. Hendu/JT to NYC for Spreewell?

I don't know if this even works. Secondly, I'm tired of hearing about Spreewell. He's not that good. He was at one time, but that time has passed. JT is a better SG.

All in All, I think it is fair to say our Feb List has an ending contract on it. This heat game is important. IF we can't beat the heat (on the road), it shows that we haven't progressed and the winds of change might bring us something?

All those trades suck!The only one I would

consider is the first one!The only problem

is that Hunter sucks now.He was pretty

good a while back,but now I think that

he pretty much is a scrub.

The second one is so stupid that it really

isn't worth talking about.

http://hawks.realgm.com/showarticle.php?artid=277

"Speaking with Pete Babcock, he outright denies the New York Post’s allegations that he is interested in dumping salary. Trades that would involve getting only ending salary back or retired players in return for one of Atlanta’s assets are not being considered, according to Babcock."

Yes I saw that earlier today and it really gave me some relief. We are 5 games back out of the 5th spot for the playoffs, wow. Look at all those teams from the 5th spot down, and we clearly have the more talent teams than any of them. We keep playing the way we are playing, we will become the most dangerous come playoff time, no one will want to play us. We are playing the best basketball right now that I have seen in 3 years, and good thing is still the 1st week of February.

Watch out East, don't count us out yet. Please Babs don't make any trades that will affect this team, thats all we ask.

PTI if this old news, but....

"The Hawks are finding deal-making hard with the luxury tax looming. "We've talked to everyone in the league," general manager Pete Babcock said, "but there are only a handful of teams that are motivated to make a move, so we're concentrating on those teams." Babcock said he had a deal just about done last month, but the team he was talking with didn't want to take on any contracts that didn't end after this season. "Both teams can't accomplish that," Babcock said. "Somebody has to take the larger contracts back."

That sounds like the same deal that Vescey was talking about in his article concerning the sixers. The sixers backed out because they wanted somone to take Keith Van Horn and his contract off there hands. I don't beliveve babcock when he stated none off those deals were ever discussed but I do believe him when he says teams are hesistant in making trades because they don't want to be over the cap.

• Premium Member

Vecsey for the most part has been right about a lot of our dealings. Maybe he had/has a source in Atlanta that's true? Maybe it's very good guesswork. However, if I were to guess...

I would guess we were looking at a deal with Philly.

I wouldn't doubt a trade of SFs.

I also wouldn't doubt Theo to Philly for DC/1st?

When you put it altogether..

You have Big Dog/Theo to PHilly for DC/Van Horn/1st...

The question is are we better? I think probably not. Van Horn likes that outside shoot a bit much. He's soft. I think Tonight's game is one that will tell us weather or not we make a trade like this.

Van Horn is more soft than Puppy Dog.He's got the

disappearing mindset that Reef sometimes has.KVH

is a weaker defender than Puppy Dog,but even they

KVH is taller he is also weaker than Robinson.

I'd take Puppy Dog over Van Horn.

I'd rather have Big Dog than Van Horn straight up and obviously DC is not as good as Theo. The money we would safe with DC 's ending contract would not give us enough room to sign anyone of significance. We'd still be over the cap. The pick will likely be in the mid to late teens. Just say no!