• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anthony Johnson

Vesper

Quote:

I didn't blast the trade...just figured it would be inconsequential. I mean if BK knew the guy was good why didn't he get him before and save the "retirement" money the Hawks gave to the artist previously known as Speedy.

Dallas didn't want to give him that cheaply.

Far exceeded expectation: Zaza, JJ, AJ, Lue.

Bombed: Lo.

Far too injured: Speedy.

I didn't like the AJ deal at all - wondering why we landed yet another backup PG while eating up criticial offseason capspace.

I'm not stubborn, though, and will admit when I'm wrong. The AJ deal was good, and, as Exodus noted, he's by far the best PG we have. He makes good heads-up plays, moves the ball well, knocks down the open J - and consequently has made a noticeable impact on this team.

I'd still prefer him as a steady option off the bench next season. If we can somehow dump Speedy and T-Lue (whose shortcomings have been highlighted by AJ's play) and add that elusive stud PG, we'll be in business.

Afterward: Just as I find myself giving kudos to Billy, I'm reminded of the Shelden pick (shudder). I doubt I'll ever change my tune on that one.

Quote:

Where are those that were blasting that trade?

I was, and am still against the trade. AJ gives us a few wins this year, but takes up $3 million in cap next year, and he will NOT be here in the future. How does he help us in the FUTURE, when our players are in their primes?

Since the Indy pick is now unlikely, and it's now VERY unlikely we get a top 3, and we traded our 2nd rounder, and we have no cap space, what are we going to do this offseason?? AJ is gone after next year, and he'll be 35 anyway so resigning him will be no good.

I ask again, how does AJ help us in the future? We are now likely to have NO draft pick in the 07 draft and we have no cap space. Do y'all really trust BK to make a good trade this offseason?

Also, this gives the Spirit a reason to not fire BK and Woody.

Quote:

Remember that 1 pt loss to the Wizards where AJ played as our 3rd PG and played 7 minutes. Speedy+Lue went 1 for 10 and we lost by 1 point when Lue's shot was blocked in the last second. Thank you Woody.

...and he is known as "Wizards killer", another blunder by Woody. nol2.gif

He is not the long term solution at the 1 spot but he fitting in very well. I like how he recognizes his teammate's strengths and gets them into position to make plays, especially JSmoove. IMO, Out of the three headed backup point guard monster AJ is the best quarterback of the bunch.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I was, and am still against the trade. AJ gives us a few wins this year, but takes up $3 million in cap next year, and he will NOT be here in the future. How does he help us in the FUTURE, when our players are in their primes?

Since the Indy pick is now unlikely, and it's now VERY unlikely we get a top 3, and we traded our 2nd rounder, and we have no cap space, what are we going to do this offseason?? AJ is gone after next year, and he'll be 35 anyway so resigning him will be no good.

I ask again, how does AJ help us in the future? We are now likely to have NO draft pick in the 07 draft and we have no cap space. Do y'all really trust BK to make a good trade this offseason?

After seeing him play, do you still not think we could unload him very easily to a number of other teams?

Quote:

Quote:

Per nbadraft.net: Atlanta receives Indiana's 2007 first-round pick. (Al Harrington trade 082206) (Top 10 protected in 2007, top 8 in 2008, top 5 in 2009, and unprotected in 2010).

So you think Indy is going to be in the top 10 of the draft this year?