Celtic 'domination' reminds me of Bobcats game...

HAWKS1986

The Hawks have trouble with active, big players and when Josh can't contol them or Zaza can't ,it turns out to be a tough night.. I remember when the Hawks faced Emeka and Gerald Wallace

1. Kendrick Perkins

2. Al Jefferson

These guys are 'eating' our lunch..

These are the days in which I wish we had Greg Oden...

Shelden is 'non-existent', and Soloman hasn't played a whole lot when the Celtics made this big run..

I really want Shelden to succeed, but I absolutely see nothing there..NOTHING...

Okay, he might not score points, but darn it play with some passion, block some shots, cause deflections.. SOMETHING...don't let the other player dominate and give Josh some 'support'..

We may have to trade him AWAY this offseason..BK made a huge 'mistake'... a huge mistake...

Josh Smith is playing on pure athleticism right now. He's complaining, playing lazy, uninspired, whiny basketball right now.

This is one of those games you would hope Marvin could take over.

Salim seems to be always be brought in whenever we're in deep trouble to see if his shooting can bail us out.

When Shelden gets the ball he doesnt move with it. He shoots it from where he is at whether it be a turnaround or a straightup shot. No post moves. And except for just a few moments this season, he plays unemotional it seems. Like he's going through the motions.

Our defense is horrible tonight. Just play up on your main and play strong man to man. Stop the overanxious help defense because it's killing you right now.

If there was ever a game that was obvious that we didnt come to play, it was this game. It was like playing this game was a nuisance for them.

Some nights Josh can handle some of the opposing team's 'power players', but there are some nights in which Shelden has to show up and HELP OUT..

Josh is still 'young' and regressed when things got out of control, but Shelden, Soloman need to step up and 'do something'...

Josh is feeling like he is alone out there...

• Premium Member

You would think with all the positive press and the fact that we are miraculously in the playoff race that they would want to come out and try not to look like absolute garbage... but no, they aren't even trying to look like they give a crap. I don't get this team pillepalle.gif

Quote:

The Hawks have trouble with active, big players and when Josh can't contol them or Zaza can't ,it turns out to be a tough night.. I remember when the Hawks faced Emeka and Gerald Wallace

1. Kendrick Perkins

2. Al Jefferson

These guys are 'eating' our lunch..

These are the days in which I wish we had Greg Oden...

Shelden is 'non-existent', and Soloman hasn't played a whole lot when the Celtics made this big run..

You are right on! That's why I want Smoove at the 3. He can play 4 some, but I think it is a mistake putting him there full-time.

Do you guys think Shelden wears that thing on his shoulder for show? You think it's just something he wears as a cool accessory?

He's freaking playing with a bum shoulder!

Shelden Williams was the best interior defender in the country last year. He's banged with some bigger and better big men before.

I just hope that injury is a one year deal and doesn't become a nagging one and that Shelden is bigger and stronger than ever next year.

Same thing with Solomon. Solomon needs to eat and lift weights like never before. Solomon with 30 pounds could be our Greg Oden. He's got a 40 inch vert and a 7'4 wing span. If he bulked up to 270 with that, he'd be outright scary. I know some of you thinking that's not realistic but that's just 5 pounds a month.

He needs to eat tons of pasta and protein shakes and lift nothing but heavy weights pushing himself and he can do it.

Quote:

Do you guys think Shelden wears that thing on his shoulder for show? You think it's just something he wears as a cool accessory?

He's freaking playing with a bum shoulder!

Shelden Williams was the best interior defender in the country last year. He's banged with some bigger and better big men before.

I just hope that injury is a one year deal and doesn't become a nagging one and that Shelden is bigger and stronger than ever next year.

Same thing with Solomon. Solomon needs to eat and lift weights like never before. Solomon with 30 pounds could be our Greg Oden. He's got a 40 inch vert and a 7'4 wing span. If he bulked up to 270 with that, he'd be outright scary. I know some of you thinking that's not realistic but that's just 5 pounds a month.

He needs to eat tons of pasta and protein shakes and lift nothing but heavy weights pushing himself and he can do it.

I don't care..if he is hurt... sit down and rest it or HAVE SURGERY...

Similar to Speedy..are you hurt or NOT !!!

Just like the NFL..NOT FOR LONG.. same thing applies or should apply here...

You have got to be kidding me with this Sheldon uproar. Does no one noticed Zaza cannot guard the floor he is standing on. This guy hurts the hawks on defense immensely.

I dont know how much time i must see Al Jefferson feed him crow. Play after play and coach did not make no adjustment. Everyone on the floor abused zaza pick and rolls, post ups, take ur pick. I saw about 3 defensive rebounds go right through his hands. And He did not even jump. He plays too much minutes if you ask me. He has no clue on the defensive end. When they took him out the game the easy post ups stopped.

Quote:

You have got to be kidding me with this Sheldon uproar. Does no one noticed Zaza cannot guard the floor he is standing on. This guy hurts the hawks on defense immensely.

I dont know how much time i must see Al Jefferson feed him crow. Play after play and coach did not make no adjustment. Everyone on the floor abused zaza pick and rolls, post ups, take ur pick. I saw about 3 defensive rebounds go right through his hands. And He did not even jump. He plays too much minutes if you ask me. He has no clue on the defensive end. When they took him out the game the easy post ups stopped.

ZaZa does play too many minutes and he is a defensive liability against more powerful skilled big men, but the drafting of Shelden was supposed be the 'answer', but it hasn't turned out that way..

During the fateful third quarter, Zaza, Shelden and Lorenzen Wright were 'trying' to guard Al Jefferson, but couldn't...

Quote:

When Shelden gets the ball he doesnt move with it. He shoots it from where he is at whether it be a turnaround or a straightup shot. No post moves. And except for just a few moments this season, he plays unemotional it seems. Like he's going through the motions.

This is 100% true. I see nothing of the Duke player I saw for 4 years. It's like he's not even trying, and when he gets the ball on offense it's like he's nervous or something, he just looks SO UNCOMFORTABLE out there.

He never smiles, never whines, never gets pissed, his facial expression never changes. I'd rather have a Dennis Rodman or Rasheed than Shelden's type of attitude.

• Premium Member

So after watching tonight's game and seeing Shellhead get handed his lunch the entire game anyone care to defend him now? Its like I have been saying: the guy is a stiff. There is absolutely nothing he brings as a positive on the basketball court. Perhaps if our lazy retard GM had worked him out with some real talent he may have noticed.

Quote:

So after watching tonight's game and seeing Shellhead get handed his lunch the entire game anyone care to defend him now? Its like I have been saying: the guy is a stiff. There is absolutely nothing he brings as a positive on the basketball court. Perhaps if our lazy retard GM had worked him out with some real talent he may have noticed.

Again I raise the question, do you all think he's wearing the bandages on his shoulder to make a fashion statement?

• Premium Member

Knowing him, yeah he might think it looks cool. Or if he wears it people may mistake it for an "injury" that never shows up on injury reports as an "excuse" to hide the fact he's a "crappy ass player". Who knows.

Quote:

Knowing him, yeah he might think it looks cool. Or if he wears it people may mistake it for an "injury" that never shows up on injury reports as an "excuse" to hide the fact he's a "crappy ass player". Who knows.

Name a crappy ass player that ever came in top 3 in POTY voting despite being a secondary option on a team.

Name a crappy ass player that won DPOTY 2 years in a row.

Name a crappy ass player in a category with Ralph Sampson and Tim Duncan.

Only thing "crappy" is the logic of fickle Hawks fans.

Quote:

Quote:

This is 100% true. I see nothing of the Duke player I saw for 4 years. It's like he's not even trying, and when he gets the ball on offense it's like he's nervous or something, he just looks SO UNCOMFORTABLE out there.

He never smiles, never whines, never gets pissed, his facial expression never changes. I'd rather have a Dennis Rodman or Rasheed than Shelden's type of attitude.

Shelden should be 'self-motivated' and ready to play, obviously he isn't..

I don't expect him to be an All-Star in his first year, but as a Top 10 pick, we should see some flashes of briillance and/or the attributes that made the hawks draft him...

Josh Smith was a 'raw' player in hs first year, but he had 20+ point 10 + rebound in his first year and showed propencity to block shots.. it wasn't happening every night but once every five or six games, but NOw its happening MORE FREQUENTLY... With Shelden, I see NOTHING..'no light'..zip !

The Hawks need players who play with pride, purpose and focus...

Dennis Rodman was a jerk at times, but the guy played wih heart..Dikembe is not Shaq or David Robinson and isn't going to the Hall of Fame, but he plays the game with an enthusiasm and purpose...

Shelden has one month to string together performances or some sort of a sustained positve effort (offensively and/or defensively) to justify being on this Hawks team or management should ship him to NBDL or package him in a trade and send him somewhere else..

• Premium Member

Gary Trent sure did rock the MAC. I bet he really DID cross over from being "Shaq of the MAC" into being "the next Shaq in the NBA."

Go back and look at the games in college Shellhead had to play against a real big man. He got creamed. Its carried over into the NBA because, hold on here, the talent is waaaaaay better than what he had to face at Duke. No Citadel or University of Bangladesh schools to get tough on to pump up some stats here.