• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks versus Trail Blazers

DJlaysitup

Yeah we got dominated on the offensive glass, especially in the 4th.. I wasn't arguing against that. But many of them were on that one possession. Once one offensive rebound is had, it completely messes up the defensive assignments, as players have to step up and guard the rebounder. This is why it usually results in multiple offensive rebounds in a row.

Quote:

If it weren't for Salim, we would not be in the game and somehow we didn't go to Salim at the end? Great coaching there?

We DID go to Salim at the end. Remember he took that three and missed it, it was off the dribble and a very tough shot. Salim definitely had opportunities in OT.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Walter

Quote:

I don't care how Roy wouldn't have 'fit' on our team, he holds far more value in a trade than SW ever would.

Quote:

If you think Roy would have trade value sitting on the bench not playing, then you must be crazy.

Yes, Roy would have more value on our bench than SW has on our bench.

However, there is NO WAY you keep a prospect like Roy on the bench (umlike Shell of a man Williams A-N-D he's already better at Pg than anyone we currently have.

Quote:

Remember, both Roy and Shelden were considered the most NBA ready players out of this past bench. The biggest difference is that Roy has had an opportunity to play and Shelden hasn't.

That's moronic. The biggest difference is that Roy can play, SW cannot. Consider your favorite player to hate, MW, for example. He most definately has an opportunity to play but that aløne hasn't increased his value because he doesn't do much with it. Roy? He cleans [censored] house with his court time. Makes SW look like an absolute chump.

The fact is that for SW to not EARN minutes as the most NBA-ready prospect on a team that NEEDED interior defense indicates more than anything that SW is lousy!

Quote:

Either that or we will trade these players away and watch them prosper elsewhere.

SW will not "prosper" in this league. He may survive, even be a role player, but he'll never prosper. In fact, SW never start the majority of games for any playoff team in his career! He's simply not good enough to start for a good team. I said it. He never will. Roy? Most definately, many times over.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

You shouldn't draft players knowing that you plan to play them out of position... because they are duplicates... Especially when you have gapping holes elsewhere.

Very true. You shouldn't draft role players that don't fill a position of need either, especially with the 5th pick. When faced with two absolute shouldn'ts ALWAYS go with the SIGMNIFICANTLY more talented player with the SIGNIFICANTLY greater trade value.

Roy can play Pg for us because he he has Pg instincts, passing abilities, and is SO VERY TALENTED. SW can't play ANYWHERE for us because he he's short, short armed, and unathletic Mr. Roboto, and simply sucks.

W

Quote:

We lost because in the 4th, we could not keep their bigs off the offensive glass. In the 4th, it got so bad that AJ was trying to box out Magloire while Zaza was trying to box out Aldridge. In the fourth, Woody went to that same old s--- of Lue/Salim/Chillz at the 1,2, and 3 and we got out muscled, out worked and out rebounded. Smoove got his 4th and 5th fouls and played very tentatively thereafter. Our other bigs like Shelden and Solomon remained on the bench because Woody would rather keep an ineffective lineup out there because "it's their time to play" instead of making a move that makes sense.

I actually agree with most of this. My problem is that you mention Smoove's weakness on the glass but didn't mention Zaza, when in reality it was Zaza that wasn't hitting the boards or playing D.

If you think that Roy would be getting Ivie-like minutes on this team of misfits, you have to be kidding yourself. The most ignorant thing I've said on this board? Surely, you must be joking so put down the Duke colored glasses, son.

• Premium Member

Again, the only way that Roy plays is that Both JJ and JC goes down. Period. IN your idealized world of basketball, you don't recognize what's real Walt. And what is real is that Woody is not playing a whole lot of rookies, especially if he has veterans he trust at the position. My goodness, the man looked at Smith's, Zaza's, and even Shelden's minutes at one time during his tenure here and said "we don't want him playing that much"... Therefore, you can not truly account for how much time Roy would have seen... moreover, if you had watched the game the other night, you would have noticed that Roy plays in the same manner as Salim. He's a shooter, who does not run the offense. Why do you cry for Roy and have no tears for Salim? It seems to me that in your eyes, the grass will always be greener on the otherside. I betcha, we can go through every Draft, and pick out a player that Walter would have much rather had!!! It's not because you know better Walt, it's because you are a natural cynic. We could get Durant in this draft and you would come up with an argument that we should have gotten Oden. Or we could get Oden in this draft and you would complain because we didn't get Durant. This is who you have always been. I recall you crying that we didn't get Darius Miles, Eddy Curry, Big Country, and more recently Sene and Obryant.... Your Cynicism has no bounds.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Roy can play Pg for us because he he has Pg instincts, passing abilities, and is SO VERY TALENTED.

This is a joke right. Yes, he's PG size, but he doesn't play PG well. If he did, they wouldn't need Jarrett Jack, Dickau, or Sergio on the court. I advise that you watch Roy play. His game is very similar to Salims...except the fact that he's taller and can get more rebounds, he plays very similarly..

Guest Walter

Quote:

Again, the only way that Roy plays is that Both JJ and JC goes down.

Bull. He'd start for us at Pg just like JS starts for us at Pf (over SW). They aren't perfect its at the position but they both can create mismatch advantages while holding their own and you simply can't keep such talent off the floor.

The rest of your post is whinning nonsense.

w

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

Roy can play Pg for us because he he has Pg instincts, passing abilities, and is SO VERY TALENTED.

This is a joke right. Yes, he's PG size, but he doesn't play PG well. If he did, they wouldn't need Jarrett Jack, Dickau, or Sergio on the court. I advise that you watch Roy play. His game is very similar to Salims...except the fact that he's taller and can get more rebounds, he plays very similarly..

....and those guys are talented, more talented than the BU Sgs for Portland. So just like JS plays Pf for us because we have no other decent Pf and we have MW, Roy plays Sg for Portland because they have no other decent Sg and Jack and Sergio play Pg. "Play your best 5" rules in such cases.

Roy is similar to Salim? This is your SW's argument?!?! Your head goes from up one ass to another. You can't see the truth if it didn't come at you from the upper intestines.

W