• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If the miracle happens...

thesheedera

• Premium Member

The injury risk is what I think will push him to come out more than anything else even if he doesn't like the team with the #1 pick.

Having said that...this is the league that much, much, much more than any other is super star driven and those players ego match. If he doesn't like the team he could stay in school and still be the #1 pick next year. Atlanta's situation is not good, at all, and I could see it scaring him away. I'm not saying that is likely but from what I have heard from my contact it is something they themselves think is a possibility. They don't want a potential Steve Francis-Vancouver situation.

Quote:

and Oden would even be stupider than i thought if he didnt come out this year...you are the number one pick you take that advantage...

you don't know whats going to happen next year, he could suffer some major injury or some other guy might jump onto the scene and if Oden performs ok but not speactular he could get jumped.

Tell that to Tim Duncan.

Quote:

Quote:

and Oden would even be stupider than i thought if he didnt come out this year...you are the number one pick you take that advantage...

you don't know whats going to happen next year, he could suffer some major injury or some other guy might jump onto the scene and if Oden performs ok but not speactular he could get jumped.

Tell that to Tim Duncan.

1 case in 10 years, great example..

Quote:

...and we end up with #1 or #2, as well as somewhere in the #11-14 range, what will that do to the franchise as a whole?

Would the Hawks all of the sudden become a highly desirable job for GMs and head coaches around the league, despite the ownership issues? I would think it would, maybe even for some free agents.

What does this do to the ownership battle? The value of the franchise would increase exponentially in my mind, but how would that translate in the buy-out arguments?

Will the legal battle still be raging, or do we expect a resolution by then?

In a perfect world (so I'm expecting the exact opposite), the legal battle would be over, freeing the ownership to do as they wish.

The lottery balls fall our way, and we get #1/2 and #11 or so.

GMs around the league raise an eyebrow at the opportunity to come into a huge market with an affinity for the game to a team with a lot of young, cheap talent and some moveable veteran contracts, and two draft picks that could completely change the future possibilities of the team.

Head coaches around the league see the same thing, and start polishing up their resumes.

The buzz hits the free agents, seeing a team on the rise (for real) in the city they may even call home in the offseason...

If you're gonna dream unrealistically, might as well go all out.

And I take it from all of this that you also have the MegoMillions lotto winning number?

Not gonna hold my breath on the top three. It may happen, but we don't have any control over that. IF WE GET A NEW COACH! and can get a pg with the Indy pick I think we can get in the playoffs next year.