• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

11 or 12?

Charman212002

Just a quick question.

Indy is currently 1 game ahead of Phily in the standings (i.e. in the draft it's 11-Phily 12-Indy/Hawks) with each playing tonight.

Phily plays at Toronto and Indy is home aganist a banged up Washington team.

So what happens if Phily wins and Indy loses? By my math they would have identical records. Does deciding 11 or 12 come down to a coin toss or does it go by conference record or something.

Either way, 4 and 11/12 is something to be optomistic about heading into the lottery and draft.

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators

Quote:

Just a quick question.

Indy is currently 1 game ahead of Phily in the standings (i.e. in the draft it's 11-Phily 12-Indy/Hawks) with each playing tonight.

Phily plays at Toronto and Indy is home aganist a banged up Washington team.

So what happens if Phily wins and Indy loses? By my math they would have identical records. Does deciding 11 or 12 come down to a coin toss or does it go by conference record or something.

Either way, 4 and 11/12 is something to be optomistic about heading into the lottery and draft.

Thanks in advance.

Coin flip is how it would be decided like when we tied the Clippers a few years ago (and lost the flip).

Quote:

There are no gurentees. They may not want to pass on a talent like Conely and end up trading Miller in the offseason or have him backup Miller for a season to prepare him (like Williams in NJ).

If they did draft Conley then the Hawks should do whatever it takes to get Miller. I don't think it is a coincidence that Philly has been so good since the all-star break.

I don't remember if I posted about it on here, but after Denver made that trade, I said to my roommate "Andre Miller is a very good PG. Denver got worse with this trade...and Philly did pretty well."

That said, I think I also said Denver was stagnant, so they were right to gamble on AI and try to shoot for a title. I guess I fully hedged my bets there, eh?

Quote:

Quote:

It really doesn't matter whether we pick before or after Philly. They won't be looking to draft a pg or a center.

Don't be so sure, Philly already has Iggy, Carney and Korver..

They have nobody at the 4 unless you consider Joe Smith a long term option there. And i think Iggy is more of a 2 anyway. Korver is probably better as a scorer off the bench.