Crittenton in draft

CBAreject

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news!

Quote:

Crit is the best freshman PG since Chris Paul.

Well he was #3 freshman PG coming into the season behind Lawson and Sherron Collins, and just ahead of Conley at #4.

It seems clear to me that in the eyes of the "experts", Conley jumped Crit, they both jumped Collins, and Conley most likely jumped Lawson. Of course Lawson and Collins are staying put, but I think Crit and Conley are neck and neck coming out.

Crit has the best NBA body of this year's PG crop, but I think his season was a little too inconsistent to get him drafted as the 1st PG this season.

It'll be interesting though to see Crit, Conley and Law jockey for position leading up to the draft. Should be very similar to Paul, Felton and Deron, and in my opinion it is a win-win-win situation just like it was that year.

If we come out with none of these guys it'll be horrendous.

Quote:

Crit declares

Interesting. I would take him at #3 or #11. I expect him to go in the 6-8 range.

This is very good news and is key for the Hawks.

I am betting Conley is the first pg drafted, probably by Seatle. Sactown could conceivably be looking for a pg to replace Bibby, but they also need size badly.

I am not sure who BK would rather have but i would be happy with Crittenton or Law at 11 and one of them will definitely be there, if not both.

• Moderators

Quote:

Ok, can someone please explain what does it mean when they don't hire agent??

I know that means he can go back to school, but that's all i know.

Do they do that because they are afraid they wont get drafted?

They do that to preserve their college eligibility in case they change their mind and pull themselves from the draft.

They aren't even thinking it is possible they won't get drafted. Morris is basically the only person who has ever taken advantage of that loophole to go through the draft and get back into college.

These guys want to workout for NBA teams, get feedback and then have the right to pull their names from the draft if they feel their stock is not high enough.

Quote:

Ok, can someone please explain what does it mean when they don't hire agent??

I know that means he can go back to school, but that's all i know.

Do they do that because they are afraid they wont get drafted?

What it really means is that they can pull out of the draft beforehand if they don't feel like they will be drafted high enough. I think they can pull out up to a couple of weeks before the draft.

This really changes my views. I now like Crittenton and Law over Conley. How do all these people think Conley is rated better than Crittenton? Conley only averaged 11 and 6 w/ 2.2 steals, and shot a horrible percentage outside of layups, including FTs. Crittenton averaged 14 ppg and 6 assists, is 6'5 and is already shooting 36% beyond the arc, is an 80% FT shooter, and he also averaged 2 steals. I'd take Law or Crittenton over Conley.. Actually, I probably favor Crittenton slightly more than Law. Conley played with better overall talent (even without Oden) than Law/Crit, I honestly don't see what puts him so far ahead.

Quote:

This really changes my views. I now like Crittenton and Law over Conley. How do all these people think Conley is rated better than Crittenton? Conley only averaged 11 and 6 w/ 2.2 steals, and shot a horrible percentage outside of layups, including FTs. Crittenton averaged 14 ppg and 6 assists, is 6'5 and is already shooting 36% beyond the arc, is an 80% FT shooter, and he also averaged 2 steals. I'd take Law or Crittenton over Conley.. Actually, I probably favor Crittenton slightly more than Law. Conley played with better overall talent (even without Oden) than Law/Crit, I honestly don't see what puts him so far ahead.

I didn't see Crit's touney performance but i heard he looked lost at times. He has a lot of talent but i don't think he has the natural pg instincts of Conley.

However there is no question that Crit has the most upside. Even though he is the least developed player of the 3 i will have no problem if the Hawks take him.

My biggest concern with Crittenton is that he is so turnover prone. That's just a killer in the NBA. I'd rather have a guy like Conley who doesn't have an outside shot than a guy like Crittenton who will turn the ball over. I want nothing to do with him at #11.