• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is KNIGHT's chance to shine

cyman3

selecting a player with the 3rd pick takes SKILLS.

does KNIGHT draft well?

then we have another 1st rounder. we have so many options. We are THE BEST TEAM to trade with of all lottery teams.

if KNIGHT plays his cards right, we can be a playoff team next year.

Quote:

selecting a player with the 3rd pick takes SKILLS.

does KNIGHT draft well?

then we have another 1st rounder. we have so many options. We are THE BEST TEAM to trade with of all lottery teams.

if KNIGHT plays his cards right, we can be a playoff team next year.

Yeah not only does he get the 3rd and 11th pick, but the fact that these aren't no brainer picks will make him look like even more of a genius.

Can't just say, "All he did was get lucky and draft Oden". You will actually have to give the man some credit.

I have faith in BK proving everyone wrong but there is a thought about drafting a SF that makes me cringe. Don't do it BK!

you're right. We're the team with the most trade options and have players with trade value ala Marvin Williams and Josh Childress.

We can move up to the #1 pick and trade the barn, or move down.

Whatever it is, GM Billy Knight will have a busy phone from many teams looking to trade up.

I imagine BK having a chalk board filling the entire Hawks front office full of scenerios. BK's job is on the line and he knows he can't mess this draft up. He has to be the ultimate mastermind this offseason.

Quote:

you're right. We're the team with the most trade options and have players with trade value ala Marvin Williams and Josh Childress.

We can move up to the #1 pick and trade the barn, or move down.

Whatever it is, GM Billy Knight will have a busy phone from many teams looking to trade up.

I imagine BK having a chalk board filling the entire Hawks front office full of scenerios. BK's job is on the line and he knows he can't mess this draft up. He has to be the ultimate mastermind this offseason.

Well trust me trading up is not an option. And if it is Im not interested.

Because in order to reach a deal those two teams would want something absurd.

Correct...we are the FIRST draft pick with the real option to trade. Oden is frozen....Durant isn't moving for fear he will be awesome (tho I doubt he will be that great).

If you want to deal for need or want in a deep draft you gotta go through US.

We have the rights to Horford....the concensus #3 pick. tongue.gif

I agree Bus. Trading up would be a pipedream to get Oden but we'll have no one left on our roster to help him.

I think the Hawks Draft will boil down to "rookie invitation match ups". Conley vs. Crittenton vs. Law.

Of course, BK will keep everything low profile.

For the next month, Hawksquawk will be busy posting trade scenerios. There's so many options we have! I wouldn't be surprised if we trade one of our picks for a young veteran (Rondo or Bynum).

Lol some of you are funny.

Horford is not a "guaranteed bust" He's a polished big man who's a very safe pick.

But he's not the 3rd best prospect. If we are going to get some offers to trade down it's going to people who want Yi Jianlian or Brandan Wright. Maybe Conley if they think Memphis will take him

I will gladly trade down if a team wants Brandan Wright.