• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will someone educate me on Bynum??

DavidSomerset

I have only seen the kid play a few times and was mildly impressed...Didn't see much special, but I guess he is so young, he's got a lot of room to grow...I won't pretend I know alot about him, though, I'd like to hear from some people who have seen him play a lot...I know Walter is infatuated with him.

What are his strengths/weaknesses?? Is he a good defender?

What kind of value does he have in terms of this draft?

Quote:

I have only seen the kid play a few times and was mildly impressed...Didn't see much special, but I guess he is so young, he's got a lot of room to grow.

What are his strengths/weaknesses?? Is he a good defender?

What kind of value does he have in terms of this draft?

Offensively he is far away, same for defense and he plays with a star who makes it easier for you in Kobe. I don't see a star in him, it's a reach to say he will become as good as Eddy Curry. No real value here, just hype. You can't really ask these fans this question, most of them are horrible evaluators of talent, and will give you some really bad feedback. He at the monment isn't even better the Kwame, and Kwame speaks for himself.

He can go for a lottery pick, he stock was at it's peak last year.

I'm not all that familiar with Bynum's game either, so I'd also be interested in hearing some knowledgeable feedback. I'd also like to hear how people feel he compares to Andris Biedrins. I've seen Biedrin's play a lot more than I've seen Bynum, and frankly Biedrin's impresses the hell out of me. It looks to me like he's got a great future ahead of himself.

I don't know that Golden State would even entertain the idea of trading him (I suspect they wouldn't), but he's a guy that if he were to come available.....I'd be all about it.

Bynum is a guy who has shown flashes of being the heir apparent to Shaq, but they are only flashes.

THere's a big question mark whether or not if he can consistently contribute.

If we could get him for our 11th pick it would be a bargain.

But no way is he worth the 3rd pick right now

This is his line for the regular season:

In 21 minutes per game, he averaged 7.8 ppg and 5.9 rpg. He's a 7footer at 275 pounds (was 285 in highschool, lost a few pounds). That's the stats.

I think that many are enamored with him (and i am one of those folk) because he's a physical specimen. He's big and athletic. He is definitely raw but I think most people were surprised on how he was fairly effective in his first year out of high school when he was supposed to be so raw (i was expecting him to do what Solomon did for us this year- not much).

I myself may have gone overboard with trading the 3 straight up for him but i wouldnt mind getting him a couple picks later (if a couple trades were made- not gonna happen). But I would love for him to be in a Hawks uniform. One thing I'd like to hear about him would be his personality. Does he speak well, is he intelligent or is he James Lang.

Quote:

I'm not all that familiar with Bynum's game either, so I'd also be interested in hearing some knowledgeable feedback. I'd also like to hear how people feel he compares to Andris Biedrins. I've seen Biedrin's play a lot more than I've seen Bynum, and frankly Biedrin's impresses the hell out of me. It looks to me like he's got a great future ahead of himself.

I don't know that Golden State would even entertain the idea of trading him (I suspect they wouldn't), but he's a guy that if he were to come available.....I'd be all about it.

He no where near Andris, and GS will not trade him, the players at Center that the board wants outside of Bynum will be not be traded. Centers is a dime a dozen in this league and might teams are happy we what they got.

Guest Walter

Quote:

If we could get him for our 11th pick it would be a bargain.

But no way is he worth the 3rd pick right now

I think Lue/#3 is worth Bynum/19...the #3 pick which LA uses to get Garnett.

Hibbert isn't worth 3 either and Bynum is worth more IMO, particularly to a team with players who should be running, than Hibbert.

W

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Hibbert isn't worth 3 either

Hibbert is out of the draft, Walter.

A lot of people were saying we should take Hibbert at #3, though.

If Hibbert is worthy of that draft spot, we should definitely prefer Bynum over him.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hibbert isn't worth 3 either

Hibbert is out of the draft, Walter.

A lot of people were saying we should take Hibbert at #3, though.

If Hibbert is worthy of that draft spot, we should definitely prefer Bynum over him.

Should we?

Bynum has done jack squat.

We wanted Hibbert because he could be the 2nd best interior defender in the draft.

Does Bynum play D?

If Bynum was in this draft he would have no chance at being a top 10 pick.

Hibbert would.

Quote:

Quote:

Centers is a dime a dozen in this league and might teams are happy we what they got.

I need help understanding this sentence.

Wow, that was bad, I couldn't tell you what I ment, but I guess I said, Centers are a dime a dozen in this league, and most teams are happy at what they got and are not willing to trade there Center.

Quote:

Wow, that was bad, I couldn't tell you what I ment, but I guess I said, Centers are a dime a dozen in this league, and most teams are happy at what they got and are not willing to trade there Center.

There are at least five mistakes in this sentence too, not to mention the obvious fact that centers are nowhere near a dime a dozen in this league. Good centers are a rarity.