• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Video of Yi with nice post moves

CBAreject

Why don't people think Yi and Smoove could co-exist?

Acie Law- 6'3 195

Joe Johnson- 6'7 235

Marvin Williams- 6'9 230

Josh Smith- 6'9 235

Yi Jianlian- 7'0 245

That's more than enough size.

Yi could possibly bulk up 10 to 15 more pounds.

Perhaps Smoove puts on 5-10 more

But I don't see the problem with Yi and Smoove coexisting.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

But then what would we do with him? really the only logical thing would be to move Smith to the 3 and trade Marvin, hopefully for a top 10 pick to get Conley.

This is exactly what I want to do. Yi at the 4, Smoove at the 3.

Trade Marvin to Boston at #5 or Milwaukee for #6 and draft Conley.

At the 11 take Noah, Hawes, or Crittenton (if the C's are gone, take a PG with freakish upside). Also consider trading this pick for a C.

Trade Lue or somebody for a 2nd rounder back and take Sean Williams, Visser, or Gray to get another body. Prefer Williams due to freakish shot-blocking and athleticism.

The problem is that trades are much easier on a message board than in reality, especially with BK as the GM.

Bus, this is not about size, and size has nothing to do with position. I keep reading you posting things like Yi can hold his own in the half court game at Center.

Just nonsense. You are taking his height and saying he is a center. If we drafted Yi we would certainly need to be unloading other players. You can't keep drafting the same position over and over. We need a PG to truly run our offense. Yi doesn't fit that bill. We need a Center. Yi doesn't fit that bill either. Not all 7 footers are Centers...

BTW, Yi didn't even start on that sorry Chinese team. And the Chinese are TERRIBLE in international play. ADvice: Stop reading Chad Ford and getting worked up. BK's going to likely blow this gig anyway.

The pick is Conley. Teke said it earlier, lets take this great young athletic PG and not regret it ad nauseum for the next 10 years. No more overthink, we need a young PG and he is the one.

No way would Marvin fetch the 5th or 6th pick his stock is not high.He would probably net the Hawks 10-15 in the first.I think Yi has more potential than Smoove and Marvin so if we stay at 3 I would take him.We really need to here that Yi is going to dominate in these practice sessions before I feel comfortable with drafting Yi. From what I have seen on tape and others talking about him he can fill it up,has great coordination and needs to improve defensively. If we draft Yi then one of the forwards has to go. Here are the choices

A. Could we get Gaseol for any combination of players (marvin,Childress and I hate to include Smoove but his contract year is approaching and is the most marketable)

B. Trade Smoove(which I hate to do) for Bynum and maybe lakers first rounder. I am sorry but Marvin and Childress stock are not that high and to get a big man with potential your going to have to give an arm and leg).

C.Draft Law or Critteron at 11 so your potential lineups could be!

Lineup1

1.Yi (small forward)

2.SW or Marvin (power forward) with ZaZa backing up

3.Gasol (center)

4.JJ

5.Critteron or Law

Lineup 2

1.Yi

2.SW or Marvin,ZaZa

3.Bynum

4.JJ

5.Critteron/Law

If there was a way to keep Smoove then

1.Yi

2.Smoove

3.Bynum

4.JJ

5.Critteron/Law

Small forwards are supposed to have an outside game Smoove doesn't have one.Yi can fill it up from the outside so Yi is the better choice. Childress and or Marvin would be needed to get Bynum.

• Premium Member

Check out the other video on youtube there of him vs Gasol. Gasol posterizes him on one end and then Yi returns the favor by cutting through almost their entire team on the strong side to slash his way to the rim and DUNKS it himself.

Quote:

Check out the other video on youtube there of him vs Gasol. Gasol posterizes him on one end and then Yi returns the favor by cutting through almost their entire team on the strong side to slash his way to the rim and DUNKS it himself.

If you look at the time and score you'll see that Yi's dunk was first. Also Gasol's dunk was against number 12, Yi is number 11. Plus this game was only a friendly game, so both teams hardly tried their best, it was either the game in Cordoba where Yi had 13 pts and 3 reb (Spain won 96-49) or the game in Castellon three days later where Yi had 6 pts (Spain won 97-63).

I'm very sceptical about Yi, cause the Chinese league is very weak to my knowledge, it's not even the best asian league, and Yi's play during the last World Championships was nothing impressive:

vs. Italia 19 min, 9 pts, 9 reb, 3 blk, 2-6 fg (69-84 loss)

vs. Slovenia 5 min, 2 pts, 0 reb (78-77 win)

vs. USA 24 min, 13 pts, 7 reb, 4 to, 5-9 fg (90-121 loss)

vs. Greece 22 min, 9 pts, 5 reb, 4-5 fg (64-95 loss)

vs. Puerto Rico 28 min, 4 pts, 11 reb, 2-10 fg (87-90 loss)

vs. Senegal 8 min, 0 pts, 2 reb (100-83 win)

He shot 41.2% for the whole tournament. His playing was very inconsistent and it seems like everytime he didn't play much China won. wink.gif

He's still only 19 (if the rumors that he was born in 1984 are false) so he has lots of time to improve and could become another Gasol or Dirk, but he could just as easily become another Skita, Andriuskevicius or Wang Zhizhi, the only thing that seems for certain is that he's definitely not a NBA center.