• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joakim Noah=Boris Diaw (Talented, but fickled! )

HAWKS1986

Noah has to be in the 'right' situation or he will sulk, and will start complaining about his role. Boris Diaw was somewhat the same way when the Hawks had him. Noah isn't the answer to the Hawks problems.

Noah may adjust and grow on an 'established' team with strong coaching..and Atlanta wouldn't be a good fit for the unpredictable, moody, but talented Noah..

SAY NO TO NOAH.. Consider Yi or Hortford if you want a big!

Sorry, but people on here get on Marvin about not watching the NBA...Noah last year said he stayed because he thought the NBA was "boring". I want no part of this guy as he is a huge question mark. With #3, take the best PG, with #11 take the BPA.

top reason NOT to pick Noah wink.gif

truth be told, I'd be devastated if he was our 3rd pick but delighted if he were our 11th pick (if the 3rd was used on a pg of course)

I'd honestly rather draft Brewer, but we already have a surplus of forwards and BK isn't the best GM to trade/draft (why does he still have a job anyway?)

Quote:

top reason
NOT
to pick Noah
wink.gif

truth be told, I'd be devastated if he was our 3rd pick but delighted if he were our 11th pick (if the 3rd was used on a pg of course)

I'd honestly rather draft Brewer, but we already have a surplus of forwards and BK isn't the best GM to trade/draft (why does he still have a job anyway?)

this is where i'm at...not at #3, but definitely at #11 (or maybe trade up a couple spots if possible).

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

top reason
NOT
to pick Noah
wink.gif

this is where i'm at...not at #3, but definitely at #11 (or maybe trade up a couple spots if possible).

Ditto.

Quote:

Noah has to be in the 'right' situation or he will sulk, and will start complaining about his role. Boris Diaw was somewhat the same way when the Hawks had him. Noah isn't the answer to the Hawks problems.

Noah may adjust and grow on an 'established' team with strong coaching..and Atlanta wouldn't be a good fit for the unpredictable, moody, but talented Noah..

Great logic.

First of all Diaw was a GUARD here.

Second of all who is "Hortford". Did you mean Al Horford the 6'8-6'9 teammate of Noah? Sorry but we already have that guy his name is Shelden Williams.

Granted Horford has more upside because of his athleticism, we can't possibly take another 6'8-6'9 PF.

I love Yi but his defense is a big unknown right now. Noah on the other hand was a great interior defender.

The right situation for Noah is playing downlow with a roaming shotblocker next to him. Guess what? WE just so happen to have that.

Comparing him to that heartless guy Boris Diaw is a joke.

Noah has more passion in his left toe than Diaw has in his whole body.

Quote:

Quote:

Great logic.

First of all Diaw was a GUARD here.

Second of all who is "Hortford". Did you mean Al Horford the 6'8-6'9 teammate of Noah? Sorry but we already have that guy his name is Shelden Williams.

Granted Horford has more upside because of his athleticism, we can't possibly take another 6'8-6'9 PF.

I love Yi but his defense is a big unknown right now. Noah on the other hand was a great interior defender.

The right situation for Noah is playing downlow with a roaming shotblocker next to him. Guess what? WE just so happen to have that.

Comparing him to that heartless guy Boris Diaw is a joke.

Noah has more passion in his left toe than Diaw has in his whole body.

Shelden was a tragic mistake and must be corrected immediately. Undersized, not athletic and often overmatched is what Shelden is..

Noah plays when 'he wants to play'. In the right situation under the right coach, Noah can be very effective. If he were to play for a team like San Antonio or Phoenix he would thrive as a secondary player, just like Diaw has...

Atlanta needs a 'leader', not a fickled, high-maintenance player..

Quote:

Shelden was a tragic mistake and must be corrected immediately. Undersized, not athletic and often overmatched is what Shelden is..

Noah plays when 'he wants to play'. In the right situation under the right coach, Noah can be very effective. If he were to play for a team like San Antonio or Phoenix he would thrive as a secondary player, just like Diaw has...

WTF. Noah is some sort of high maintenance diva now?

Is it his long flowing hair that makes you make that ridiculous comment?

Since when is Joakim Noah a Randy Moss or TO?

Noah is a GREAT teammate and leader. What the hell leads you to believe he "plays when he wants to play?"

The only time Noah has hurt the team is the few games he fouled out this year and it's no coincidence all those games he fouled out we lost. (Take that for those who said he's a coattail player)

Quote:

Quote:

WTF. Noah is some sort of high maintenance diva now?

Is it his long flowing hair that makes you make that ridiculous comment?

Since when is Joakim Noah a Randy Moss or TO?

Noah is a GREAT teammate and leader. What the hell leads you to believe he "plays when he wants to play?"

The only time Noah has hurt the team is the few games he fouled out this year and it's no coincidence all those games he fouled out we lost. (Take that for those who said he's a coattail player)

Dennis Rodman was a great teammate in Chicago with Jordan and Phil Jackson, but a 'distraction' in San Antonio with the mild mannered David Robonson ...

JR Rider was great at UNLV and had some highlight moments in Minnesota, but trouble in Atlanta and couldn't hang in Los Angeles.

Noah has talent, and can help certain teams with an establish structure in place and coaching staff that is able to 'connect' with him....

I don't trust Noah as a first round pick for the Hawks...

Quote:

Dennis Rodman was a great teammate in Chicago with Jordan and Phil Jackson, but a 'distraction' in San Antonio with the mild mannered David Robonson ...

JR Rider was great at UNLV and had some highlight moments in Minnesota, but trouble in Atlanta and couldn't hang in Los Angeles.

Noah has talent, and can help certain teams with an establish structure in place and coaching staff that is able to 'connect' with him....

So now you're comparing Joakim Noah to Dennis Rodman?????

So just because Noah plays the game with a lot of energy he is linked to that head case???

All I know is that I've watched the guy mature as a player the last two years and I've watched plenty of Zaza Pachulia to know that I trust Joakim Noah a helluva lot more being the piece on a championship puzzle more than Big Z

Quote:

Quote:

So now you're comparing Joakim Noah to Dennis Rodman?????

So just because Noah plays the game with a lot of energy he is linked to that head case???

All I know is that I've watched the guy mature as a player the last two years and I've watched plenty of Zaza Pachulia to know that I trust Joakim Noah a helluva lot more being the piece on a championship puzzle more than Big Z

Noah was part of a great team, but just like Conley never had to deal with adversity, and when you are pick as a Top 10 choice, you are usually deemed as a 'franchise player'.

Noah plays when 'he wants to play' and that's not the type of player I want leading a young, emerging team..

Zaza shouldn't be starting, but there are other viable, consistent 'stable' options out there that can help the Hawks in the frontcourt..who they don't have to woory about whining to the press and his role on the team

Quote:

Noah was part of a great team, but just like Conley never had to deal with adversity, and when you are pick as a Top 10 choice, you are usually deemed as a 'franchise player'.

Noah plays when 'he wants to play' and that's not the type of player I want leading a young, emerging team..

Zaza shouldn't be starting, but there are other viable, consistent 'stable' options out there that can help the Hawks in the frontcourt..who they don't have to woory about whining to the press and his role on the team

When has Noah ever complained to the press?

You keep making Noah out to be someone who is a terrible teammate with terrible character. That couldn't be further from the truth. He's the ultimate team player who genuinely cares for the love of the game. You don't see players in the NBA that passionate about the game anymore. Noah is one of those players who hates losing more than he likes to win.

We should care less about the responsibility to be a "franchise player" and more about the fact that he and Law could be the final pieces to a championship puzzle.

Quote:

What are you talking about? Noah faced a ton of adversity this last season. He was a potential #1 pick that went back to school. He had the spotlight on him all summer and during the season and tourney run, and handled it pretty well.

He also had opposing fans on his case all year, as well as analysts when he didn't show a big jump in his game from last season.

I definitely think he can handle diversity, and he has mentioned it himself how much he has learned this past year.

When did Noah ever "not play"? He is all about getting wins and championships, not about personal goals. If he was worried about being a franchise player, you might have heard him say something about how many shot attempts he gets, or how he is always at the top of the key facilitating the offense, not finishing in the post, but you didn't hear him complain once.

Quote:

Quote:

What are you talking about? Noah faced a ton of adversity this last season. He was a potential #1 pick that went back to school. He had the spotlight on him all summer and during the season and tourney run, and handled it pretty well.

He also had opposing fans on his case all year, as well as analysts when he didn't show a big jump in his game from last season.

I definitely think he can handle diversity, and he has mentioned it himself how much he has learned this past year.

When did Noah ever "not play"? He is all about getting wins and championships, not about personal goals. If he was worried about being a franchise player, you might have heard him say something about how many shot attempts he gets, or how he is always at the top of the key facilitating the offense, not finishing in the post, but you didn't hear him complain once.

His apparent drop in the NBA DRAFT is evidence that he isn't really a Top 5, franchise talent, but more of a high maintenance, 'flash in the pan' player who has some servicable skills but will be more of a sideshow than a someone you can depend on..

He does complain, and once he gets to the NBA level and continue his 'talking' the media may take his comments a certain way and he will become a 'distraction'..At Florida, the media pressure isn't as intense, but once he become a professional, his actions will be more closely scrutinized on and off the floor..

Quote:

His apparent drop in the NBA DRAFT is evidence that he isn't really a Top 5, franchise talent, but more of a high maintenance, 'flash in the pan' player who has some servicable skills but will be more of a sideshow than a someone you can depend on..

He does complain, and once he gets to the NBA level and continue his 'talking' the media may take his comments a certain way and he will become a 'distraction'..At Florida, the media pressure isn't as intense, but once he become a professional, his actions will be more closely scrutinized on and off the floor..

1) I never said he was a top 5 talent.

2) What makes you think he is high maintenance? You just keep spouting out this crap with examples to back it up. You can say anything you want, but without facts to back it it doesn't mean a thing.

3) Give me a source where you have heard of Noah complaining.

4) I agree he will be more closely scrutinized in the NBA, but name me another player who has been more scrutinized in college this year? He has a bigger head start on handling pressure more than any other player, that's a fact.