• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks trading #3 pick to Portland?

Sothron

The Hawks are in the driver's seat here.

The Blazer's wouldn't help us out last year when we tried swapping draft picks.

Now the Blazer's are asking for a favor. Please keep in mind that our GM Billy Knight is better in trading than drafting.

I predict we're going after Aldridge and Portland's 1st next year. We do not have draft picks next year, and in Billy's mind, we have the leverage.

Oden will demand to have Conley. We're in the perfect draft position to pick up Conley and it so happens we need a pure PG.

The Blazer's are the team that needs to sweeten the deal, not the Hawks!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

I am not trying to add fuel to the rumor fire but one of the front office people I know sent me an email and apparently there was a "courtesy" call from Portland this afternoon to our front office. No details of what was said but the gist he gathered was it was an initial feeling out of what the Hawks want to do at #3 and what interest we might have in a trade. Keep in mind this was a feeling out call, nothing more or less. But still...it has me wondering.

• Premium Member

Randolph can score in the low post and rebound but he's not a good defensive player. He also is a nutcase. I seriously think coming to a nighlife mecca like Atlanta would bring out seven shades of fruitcake in him.

• Moderators

Quote:

It's just insane the notion that we should draft Conley to lure Oden.

Agreed. I like Conley but there is no way I plan for our team to EVER get Oden. Stud big men don't change teams except for once in a blue moon. Building our draft around that would be insane.

That said, there are arguments for Conley on his own merits.