• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What about Tiago Splitter at #11??

Blunt91

Since Joakim Noah is too much of a reach at #3 and won't be avalable at #11 and Hawes is not athletic enough then what about Splitter? Tiago isn't as athletic as Noah but is more athletic than Hawes. He isn't as good defensively as Noah but he is a better shotblocker than Hawes. He doesn't have Hawes ballhandling or post moves but we need someone to protect the paint. So is Splitter worth taking at #11? Could he turnout to be another Andriens Biedrins?

• Premium Member

Quote:

i don't know man. He didnt seem exactly to be chomping at the bit to get in the NBA since he pulled out of, I beleive, 75 drafts. I'd have to hear more about his desire for the game.

No, it's called buyouy issues.

Splitter should definitely get a look.

Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he doesn't exactly exude domination right? I looked at him a few years ago, but it seems he hasn't progressed to the level of stardom just yet. 500 draft pullouts may do that for you.

Some europeans who are familiar with his game have posted at realgm on occasion. None of them seem that impressed with him.

He will probably pull out like he does every year.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he doesn't exactly exude domination right? I looked at him a few years ago, but it seems he hasn't progressed to the level of stardom just yet. 500 draft pullouts may do that for you.

Some europeans who are familiar with his game have posted at realgm on occasion. None of them seem that impressed with him.

He will probably pull out like he does every year.

He literally can't pull out this year. He is not a high upside or high downside guy. He will be a solid big man who can't play in the NBA until after next season. Nothing more.

• Moderators

Quote:

from his highlights he looks exactly like Biedrins, which isnt bad.

I think he is supposed to be significantly less athletic than Biedrins. He is also years older than Biedrens.

Quote:

Quote:

from his highlights he looks exactly like Biedrins, which isnt bad.

I think he is supposed to be significantly less athletic than Biedrins. He is also years older than Biedrens.

And much smaller. His standing reach is the same as Solomon and he weight only 233 at the 2004 combine.

If his buy out issues were resolved he is someone we would have to look at 11. There is a very good chance that the best bigs will be gone by then since the Georgetown guys pulled out. You have to start looking at him compared to McRobert (ugh), Jason Smith? Tomic? Splitter looks pretty good comared to them. Of course BK could take another 6'8" guy?