• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's keep this simple.

bfwolf

Guest Walter

Quote:

I guarantee that there is nobody other than Hawks fans talking about Wright playing center.

This is the turest statement ever made on Hawksquawk.

BK's incompetence and arrogance leading us to a dire situation despite more capitol than any team should ever be allowed to have has either people making themselves the butt of jokes by excusing his incompetence and arrogance or oddly characterizing players and forcing them where they do not belong.

Wright is an NBA Pf. No other possibility. Let's move on to more important things like WHAT trade we need to make to make our draft suitable and our team with enough talent and positions filled. This is IT fellas. We can't screw this up and by thta I mean we have to hit a home run, not a double. No SW picks at 3 this year. THAT'S screwing it up royally.

W

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

The Wizards would laugh??

Why?

They get two ending contracts and a serviceable PG... Either Lo/Aj or Lo/Lue....

Brendan Heywood lost his starting position and was coming off the bench. He's never been worth the money.. why would the Wizards laugh?

Quote:

That is ridiculous. Wright is an undersized post player who can't shoot a jumper or make foul shots. He is probably the most overhyped player in the draft.

He's no more overhyped than Conley Jr.

A guy who has been Greg Oden's sidekick every step of the way.

A guy projected as a top 3 pick even though he can shoot from the field or at the free throw line. All he does is average 1 more APG than the next two PGs behind him.

Wow one more assist with Greg Oden on your team. You want a cookie for that?

People comparing him to Chris Paul when he's not even close to the prospect Chris Paul was at Wake Forest.

Paul COULD SHOOT.

Paul WAS CLUTCH.

Paul did a helluva lot more for that team than sidekick did.

You want to talk about overhyped it's Conley.

Don't diss a guy who's been highly decorated ever since he came to high school.

Quote:

The Wizards would laugh??

Why?

They get two ending contracts and a serviceable PG... Either Lo/Aj or Lo/Lue....

Brendan Heywood lost his starting position and was coming off the bench. He's never been worth the money.. why would the Wizards laugh?

Because he is a well built 7 footer that can play D and has an affordable contract. And all the fans blame the benching on the coach, not Hawwood. Their GM has a much higher opinion of Haywood than the coach and has said point blank he won't be traded unless they get an offer they can't refuse.

Quote:

Quote:

That is ridiculous. Wright is an undersized post player who can't shoot a jumper or make foul shots. He is probably the most overhyped player in the draft.

He's no more overhyped than Conley Jr.

A guy who has been Greg Oden's sidekick every step of the way.

A guy projected as a top 3 pick even though he can shoot from the field or at the free throw line. All he does is average 1 more APG than the next two PGs behind him.

Wow one more assist with Greg Oden on your team. You want a cookie for that?

People comparing him to Chris Paul when he's not even close to the prospect Chris Paul was at Wake Forest.

Paul COULD SHOOT.

Paul WAS CLUTCH.

Paul did a helluva lot more for that team than sidekick did.

You want to talk about overhyped it's Conley.

Don't diss a guy who's been highly decorated ever since he came to high school.

Conley shoots 13% better from the line than Wright.

Conley doesnt have to gain 20-30 pounds in order to be average sized for his position.

The reason Conley is so highly thought of is in large part how he played when Oden wasn't in the lineup. And Oden's presence certainly didn't contribute to his lack of turnovers or his ability to finish at the rim.

Quote:

Conley shoots 13% better from the line than Wright.

Conley doesnt have to gain 20-30 pounds in order to be average sized for his position.

The reason Conley is so highly thought of is in large part how he played when Oden wasn't in the lineup. And Oden's presence certainly didn't contribute to his lack of turnovers or his ability to finish at the rim.

It will probably take Wright a year or two to gain that right true

But it will take Conley Jr the same amount of time to learn how to shoot. He's not going to learn to shoot over the summer. It's going to take some time.

And since he's not going to be ready from day one, that doesn't even make him that much better of a prospect than Javaris Crittenton who could be a LEGITIMATE top 5 pick next year.

The fact that a PG barely shoots FTs better than a big man who struggles is not a good sign.

Quote:

The fact that a PG barely shoots FTs better than a big man who struggles is not a good sign.

Why does it not surprise me that you are math challenged.

Quote:

But it will take Conley Jr the same amount of time to learn how to shoot.

Ford, Parker, Felton and Brevin Knight must not be ready to play either since they struggle with their shot.

Quote:

And since he's not going to be ready from day one, that doesn't even make him that much better of a prospect than Javaris Crittenton who could be a LEGITIMATE top 5 pick next year.

Conley is regarded as the top pg prospect in large part because he excels at taking care of the ball and making good decisions. Crit is the 3rd rated pg in large part because he turns it over a lot and makes poor decisions.

The fact that you don't know this doesn't surprise me.

Quote:

Why does it not surprise me that you are math challenged.

So a PG shooting under 70% at FTs is as good number?

Quote:

Ford, Parker, Felton and Brevin Knight must not be ready to play either since they struggle with their shot.

All of those guys are significantly quicker than Conley Jr especially Parker, Ford, and Felton.

Quote:

Conley is regarded as the top pg prospect in large part because he excels at taking care of the ball and making good decisions. Crit is the 3rd rated pg in large part because he turns it over a lot and makes poor decisions.

Crittenton averaged a whopping 0.3 less assists per game than Conley and a whopping 1.7 more TO per game.

That less than 2 more TO a game probably came from forcing a couple of passes but that doesn't take away from his court vision.

The fact that Conley barely had more APG with a better team does not impress me at all.

Crittenton has better size, better athleticism, has more range (Crittenton has NBA 3 point range while Conley Jr struggled from the easy 3 point line of college), and just overall more upside.

That's why he was a higher rated prospect.

The fact that you don't know that doesn't surprise me.

Quote:

All of those guys are significantly quicker than Conley Jr especially Parker, Ford, and Felton.

No they aren't, as the combine will show. And quickness doesn't matter if they can't shoot, right? If they can't shoot they aren't ready to play.

Quote:

and a whopping 1.7 more TO per game.

In other words Crit commits ALMOST TWICE AS MANY turnovers as Conley.

Quote:

(Crittenton has NBA 3 point range while Conley Jr struggled from the easy 3 point line of college),

Crit shot 5.6% better from 3. Big deal.

Quote:

That's why he was a higher rated prospect.

Who has him rated higher than Conley other than a couple of HS posters?

Your posts just keep getting dumber, which at this point i didn't think was possible.

Ex, I think Wright's greatly overrated by some of the posters here, but I don't think on a national level he's all that overhyped.

At 3 he's too high for any team unless they need a PF. I think he'll be the best among this bunch (assuming Yi's a SF).

For the Hawks he'd be a disastrous pick unless we make some trades including our forwards.

Wright is not a center by any means. Only with a team like Golden St or maybe the Suns could he pretend to be an NBA center.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Ex, I think Wright's greatly overrated by some of the posters here, but I don't think on a national level he's all that overhyped.

At 3 he's too high for any team unless they need a PF. I think he'll be the best among this bunch (assuming Yi's a SF).

For the Hawks he'd be a disastrous pick unless we make some trades including our forwards.

Wright is not a center by any means. Only with a team like Golden St or maybe the Suns could he pretend to be an NBA center.

Then who would you draft?

• Premium Member

Quote:

I like Conley or a trade that gets us a legit PG or a legit C.

If we can trade one or more of our forwards for PGs/Cs, the I'd love to get Brandan, but as the roster stands, it would be a disaster to take him at 3.

Why draft a point guard at #3 when you can get one a #11?

That's as logical as saying "why draft a PF at 3 when you can get one at 11?"

It's because at #3 you can get a much better PG or PF than you can at #11. I'm not convinced Law's an NBA PG, and I don't think Crit's mentally prepared for teh NBA yet. I think Conley will take a little time to get confortable, but he's a franchise PG ripe for the taking. If we don't Memphis will. if we could somewhow trade down a few slots to grab him, great, but I don't think he'll slip past 4.

We need a center, not a PF. Simply put, adding Conley as our PG would improve the team more than adding any of the guys available at 3 as our "center". Those guys aren't centers.

Conley at 3 and hope that Noah or Hawes is available at 11.

• Premium Member

Quote:

We need a center, not a PF. Simply put, adding Conley as our PG would improve the team more than adding any of the guys available at 3 as our "center". Those guys aren't centers.

Conley at 3 and hope that Noah or Hawes is available at 11.

1st of all, we need a lot of things and 2 of our major needs are more outside shooting and post defense. Certain law can shoot and Wright can play defense. Secondly, you must be one of those posters that are convinced that we can't do better than Josh Smith at powerforward which I question. thirdly, many successful teams have serviceable centers with their strength being their forward positions. So if you can get a stud player at any position, take him. The only reason we a having this conversation is I assume you either don't think that wright is that good or you think that Smith is great already. We'll see

Why does everyone say the Hawks need a center, when realistically the Hawks only need a center if they insist on keeping Smooth at the 4. You can't have an undersized center and power forward. If the Hawks are able to get a 6'10 or 6'11 pf, then Zaza is fine at the 5. If the Hawks get a bigger center, then Smooth is fine at the 4. Which is the most likely in this draft? I would say the Hawks have a better chance of landing a talented 4, than a talented center, which makes the Marvin pick even dumber. I hope this doesn't become another situation where the Hawks are bypassing better talent simply because they made a blunder by drafting Marvin with the #2 pick.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Why does everyone say the Hawks need a center, when realistically the Hawks only need a center if they insist on keeping Smooth at the 4. You can't have an undersized center and power forward. If the Hawks are able to get a 6'10 or 6'11 pf, then Zaza is fine at the 5. If the Hawks get a bigger center, then Smooth is fine at the 4. Which is the most likely in this draft? I would say the Hawks have a better chance of landing a talented 4, than a talented center, which makes the Marvin pick even dumber. I hope this doesn't become another situation where the Hawks are bypassing better talent simply because they made a blunder by drafting Marvin with the #2 pick.

What is wrong with having 4 forwards on your team that don't cost you anything while you try to determine the best 2. Once you determine the best 2, then the others can be trade bait for the right deal in the off season!