• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's keep this simple.

bfwolf

Quote:

Out of high school Javaris Crittenton was a higher ranked prospect

But after 1 year playing against top cometition Conley is unanimously the higher rated prospect. Conley stepped up huge during the tourney. Crit... not so much.

Quote:

You're out your mind. Ray Felton was one of the fastest PGs in the nation a few years ago. No way in hell Conley is that fast.

Get ready to chow down on those words. I have the combine numbers saved on my computer for the last few years.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Out of high school Javaris Crittenton was a higher ranked prospect

But after 1 year playing against top cometition Conley is unanimously the higher rated prospect.

Kwame Brown was a unanimous pick one time. How did that work out?

There is no denying Crittenton has more potential.

Conley is just a guy getting all this hype all of a sudden.

I'll take him over Crittenton next year, but I wouldn't take him over Law next year.

And down the road I wouldn't take him over Crittenton.

In other words, he can't be that good if A)Law will be better than him next year and B) Crittenton will be better than him down the road.

That doesnt equal 3rd pick ESPECIALLY when you consider how it damages our #11 pick

Quote:

Kwame Brown was a unanimous pick one time. How did that work out?

Although I am a HUGE Crittenton fan, you just contradicted yourself. Basically what you're saying is that Kwame was the higher rated prospect in high school over Curry and Chandler. Now that they've played against top competition, he's the WORST player. Isn't that your point about Crittenton and Conley? Crittenton was ranked higher in High school, but NOW Conley is ranked higher. Things do change, you know.

Quote:

In other words, he can't be that good if A)Law will be better than him next year and B) Crittenton will be better than him down the road.

Oh so now you're miss Cleo? Nice.

Quote:

Quote:

Instead of focusing on the negatives, all of which can be worked on, I tend to focus on the things I like. I like his footwork, his ability to fade away at 7 feet (making his shot virtually unblockable), and his ability to put the ball on the floor.

And how many of his games have you seen?

*crickets*

There is absolutely no way that Yi is a better 4 than Smith. He wouldn't get off the pine.

Actually, I mentioned the limited footage I have seen on Yi in an earlier post(maybe a different thread). How many of his games have you seen, where you can say for certain that he would not be a better player than Smooth? Not being a smart a**, just asking a question because I would like more insight than what I've seen on YouTube.

Quote:

OMFG what a bunch of retard fans. Who the [censored] wants to draft ANOTHER forward? Are you [censored] serious?

ANOTHER Forward? Drafting Marvin was overdrafting the forward position. Drafting Shelden gave us an astonishing surplus of forwards. Now y'all want to draft ANOTHER? BK has done his damage to this team, but now it's carrying down to the fans.

I suppose all y'all are happy with BK being the GM too, right?

No, you have a retarded GM who put the Hawks in this position. That doesn't mean you can't pick a possible better forward, because the idiot GM decided to try to make the entire team 6'9". If Yi has a great workout, and he measures ok, then he helps the Hawks correct one of their problems, which is a lack of height. Name a successful team outside of the Phoenix Suns who start an undersized 4 and 5?

Quote:

How many of his games have you seen, where you can say for certain that he would not be a better player than Smooth?

The only way you can justify taking another forward is if he is much better than what we have now (like Durant).

There is nothing to suggest that is the case with Yi. He can't finish with his left or defend post players. His shot is inconsistent. He didn't dominate against Chinese players.

Meanwhile Smith excelled at the 4 in the NBA. So how can anyone say Yi is better than Smith? They can't. Therefore it makes to sense to pass up the top pg prospect in the nation just to draft another forward who isn't better than what we have now.

Quote:

No, you have a retarded GM who put the Hawks in this position. That doesn't mean you can't pick a possible better forward, because the idiot GM decided to try to make the entire team 6'9".

So who does he replace? Or is he drafted to ride pine for 2 years, then he MIGHT turn into something. I guess you are content with Josh Smith bolting after next year or the next, and JJ asking for a trade because our retard GM won't stop drafting project forwards. If it's Durant, then I agree with you. Otherwise, we are SET at forward.

I'm all for drafting Yi or Wright if we have a trade lined up to get rid of a forward(s) for a legit PG.

• Premium Member

Unless we draft Yi to replace a forward we're letting walk or trading some peeps around then we should take Conley OR trade the pick. We don't need a guy like Yi unless we can trade Marvin or Smoove and fill either PG or C with that trade.

Quote:

Quote:

How many of his games have you seen, where you can say for certain that he would not be a better player than Smooth?

The only way you can justify taking another forward is if he is much better than what we have now (like Durant).

There is nothing to suggest that is the case with Yi. He can't finish with his left or defend post players. His shot is inconsistent. He didn't dominate against Chinese players.

Meanwhile Smith excelled at the 4 in the NBA. So how can anyone say Yi is better than Smith? They can't. Therefore it makes to sense to pass up the top pg prospect in the nation just to draft another forward who isn't better than what we have now.

My concern with Yi is he needs to get stronger. The left hand will come, as long as he continue to work on it. So far nobody has convinced me that the Hawks would be better off with Conley/Hawes(Noah), than with Yi/Law.

Quote:

So who does he replace? Or is he drafted to ride pine for 2 years, then he MIGHT turn into something. I guess you are content with Josh Smith bolting after next year or the next, and JJ asking for a trade because our retard GM won't stop drafting project forwards. If it's Durant, then I agree with you. Otherwise, we are SET at forward.

I'm all for drafting Yi or Wright if we have a trade lined up to get rid of a forward(s) for a legit PG.

Well hopefully he replaces Smooth or Williams in the starting lineup. I just don't see how the Hawks will be a successful franchise with an undersized 4 and 5. Especially when the only elite athlete on the entire front line is Smith. Williams is average at the 3, and Zaza is below average athetically at the 5. The Hawks will consistently get dominated in the paint with their current group of frontcourt players.

Quote:

So far nobody has convinced me that the Hawks would be better off with Conley/Hawes(Noah), than with Yi/Law.

In the first case we will get two players who fill needs and don't take minutes from our core players. In the second case we get only 1.

Personally i would be looking to trade the 11th pick as part of a deal to get a legit center, but obviously it is easier said than done. but we need a center so we need to use our assets in the best way possible to get one. That does not mean drafting another project forward.

Quote:

I just don't see how the Hawks will be a successful franchise with an undersized 4 and 5.

Josh Smith is a legit 6'9 and has put on about 10-15 lbs of muscle in both of the past 2 offseasons. He is not undersized for the PF position. Our Center position is what needs an upgrade. Size doesn't matter if you can still defend the position, and Smith can. Chicago, PHX, GS, do fine with an undersized frontcourt. Detroit is still fairly undersized, and won a championship being extremely undersized. Size is not what matters, ability does.

How many teams have 7'0 or even 6'11 PF's? Not many. People want to draft Brandan Wright to play PF, and he's the same height as Smith, but about 30 lbs lighter.

Quote:

Quote:

I just don't see how the Hawks will be a successful franchise with an undersized 4 and 5.

Josh Smith is a legit 6'9 and has put on about 10-15 lbs of muscle in both of the past 2 offseasons. He is not undersized for the PF position. Our Center position is what needs an upgrade. Size doesn't matter if you can still defend the position, and Smith can. Chicago, PHX, GS, do fine with an undersized frontcourt. Detroit is still fairly undersized, and won a championship being extremely undersized. Size is not what matters, ability does.

How many teams have 7'0 or even 6'11 PF's? Not many. People want to draft Brandan Wright to play PF, and he's the same height as Smith, but about 30 lbs lighter.

Uh, Detroit is not undersized. Rasheed Wallace is 6'11", which made up for Ben Wallace. PJ Brown is also 6'11, which helps Ben Wallace. I said you can't have an undersized center and power forward. You can have one or the other, but both cannot be undersized. And yes, Josh Smith is undersized, and a terrible post defender at this point in his career.

Quote:

Quote:

And yes, Josh Smith is undersized, and a terrible post defender at this point in his career

LOL u call Smith a terrible post defender and yet you want us to draft Yi?

o m g

Is Smith a great post defender now? Was I wrong? Did I say Yi is a better post defender than Smith? If I did, I apologize, since I've been responding to these posts and working at the same time. Don't think I did tho.

Quote:

Is Smith a great post defender now? Was I wrong?

Is English your second language or something?

You said Smith was a terrible post defender which is flat out ignorant. Then you try to say i am claiming he is a great post defender. WTF

Quote:

Did I say Yi is a better post defender than Smith?

No you said you want to draft Yi and that he will be significantly better than Smith. It would be hard for Yi to be significantly better than Smith if he is a worse post

defender.

I guess that logic probably escapes you.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Uh, Detroit is not undersized. Rasheed Wallace is 6'11", which made up for Ben Wallace. PJ Brown is also 6'11, which helps Ben Wallace. I said you can't have an undersized center and power forward. You can have one or the other, but both cannot be undersized. And yes, Josh Smith is undersized, and a terrible post defender at this point in his career.

Dirk is 7'0", does that help his defense?

Ben Wallace: 6'7 Zaza: 6'11

Sheed: 6'11 Smith: 6'9

We still have the advantage over Detroit's championship team, since the only thing that matters to you is SIZE in the frontcourt.

PJ Brown only plays 20 minutes per game. Chicago also plays Tyrus (who is 6'8) and Ben together. Atl's frontcourt is bigger than both of them, and WAY bigger than GS or PHX's, except when GS puts in Biedrins. Kurt Thomas is only 6'9.

I still agree that we need an upgrade, but it needs to come at the center position, unless you want to bench Marvin and move Smith to the SF.

It's good to know that you're on the BK bandwagon of drafting a forward at all costs.

Quote:

Quote:

Is Smith a great post defender now? Was I wrong?

Is English your second language or something?

You said Smith was a terrible post defender which is flat out ignorant. Then you try to say i am claiming he is a great post defender. WTF

Quote:

Did I say Yi is a better post defender than Smith?

No you said you want to draft Yi and that he will be significantly better than Smith. It would be hard for Yi to be significantly better than Smith if he is a worse post

defender.

I guess that logic probably escapes you.

I'm done with it. Save the internet insults for those who can't debate without using them.