• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which one would you rather have.

oiatlhawksfan

I'm reading the statistic on Jaravis Crtitten and BRandan Wright, and their starting to grow on me. I wouldn't be opposed to picking Wright at 3, but only if were sure he can play the 5, it depends on how tall he measures up to. Remember though he has like a 7'5 wingspan, but he also needs to bulk up. Spencer Hawes, might not have as much upside but he does have a better skillset, and you can run your offense through him, and he has the best post moves since Kevin Mchale. Only player that can come close to his skills at the same stage, on the post is Al Jefferson.

Jaravis Critten is starting to grow on me, he's 6'5 and a true p.g. He had alot of big time games, but what I notice is game with more TO than assist, he obviously talented, but raw. I like Conley, he's more NBA ready than Critt, and fits well with this team, he reminds me alot of Tony Parker, and he's very quick, and has goo leadership, something this team lacks.

So who would prefer?

Conley (3), Spencer Hawes (11)

Wright(3), Javaris Crittenton(11)

or other like, Yi (3), and Acie Law(11)

This came off of Collegehoopsnet. Interesting thing is Critt is number two. He says that he's got a very high ceiling.

1) Mike Conley - Ohio State - Okay, I need to be honest here. I was never a big believer of this guy in high school. I didn't even think he'd crack Ohio State's starting rotation. Then he proceeded to be Ohio State's most consistent player, a prime time performer throughout the NCAA Tournament, and the top point guard prospect in the 2007 NBA Draft. Despite all this, he might not even be a Top 10 pick. Teams will look at other guy's "ceilings" and take a chance on them. They'll regret it. I consider myself to have a pretty good track record projecting players out of high school and college. I like when guys prove me wrong. He'll never average 20 a game in the NBA.. but he can step in right now and run teams better than half the reserve point guards in the league.

2) Javaris Crittenton - Georgia Tech - Before the season, Crittenton would have been atop this list ahead of Mike Conley. And the reality is that five years from now, there's a good chance Crittenton is easily (and I mean BY FAR) the best point guard to come out of this Draft. Conley's still #1 because he's a lock, and he's better at being a floor general. But you don't need to be a great floor general to start in the NBA. Most teams just want a guy whose fast, strong, big (he's 6-5), and can score the ball. Crittenton can score, and if he develops, he has the chance to put up Chauncey Billups-type numbers. He also has a chance to be a bust. He's one of the bigger risk-reward guys in the Draft. One thing that worries me is that a lot of Crittenton's numbers (and he averaged 14 and 6 assists) came against lesser competition. All of his big scoring games in ACC play came against Clemson, Wake, or Florida State. Against UNC, Duke, and Maryland though he averaged only 9 a game on 12 of 30 shooting.

3) Acie Law - Texas A&M - Law was a great college player. He's one of those guys who just plays like a man amongst boys. He doesn't awe with numbers, but he awes with consistency, clutch play, and defense. Then again, 18 and 5 a game isn't bad either.. or the fact he averaged 27 and 10 assists in the games against Texas. The problem though for Law is that he's a senior and he doesn't project to get that much better over time. He's basically a career NBA reserve masked by a great college career.

"The problem though for Law is that he's a senior and he doesn't project to get that much better over time"

I really hate when guys say this just because someone is 2 or 3 years older than other players. How wouldnt a guy get much better if he gets his own nba trainer and has an nba coach along his side. I think its pretty dumb when you say I guy cant improve much because hes a senior and an underclassman can, because it just means the senior already has skills the younger players dont.

Quote:

"The problem though for Law is that he's a senior and he doesn't project to get that much better over time"

I really hate when guys say this just because someone is 2 or 3 years older than other players. How wouldnt a guy get much better if he gets his own nba trainer and has an nba coach along his side. I think its pretty dumb when you say I guy cant improve much because hes a senior and an underclassman can, because it just means the senior already has skills the younger players dont.

This is normally fluff, that's why you shouldn't believe alot of what comes from sites like those.