• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Potentially huge news? Peerless Price to Falcons?

Admin

Bills | Price Trade Needs - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)

21:02 PT: The Atlanta Journal Constitution reports the Buffalo Bills are believed to be receptive to a trade with the Atlanta Falcons for WR Peerless Price that would include one first-round draft pick (the Falcons hold the No. 23 pick of the first round) and a lower-round pick.

Wow, this sure would be great for the Falcons wouldnt it? Price is on the verge of stardom and only needs a chance to be the man to break out. [censored] he would really make the Falcons dangerous. Can they afford him?

thats the math rite there. Vick, by himself, surrounded with mediocre talent can get us into the playoffs. Vick + 1 WR that wont drop the ball when its accurately thrown = SUPERBOWL!

I thought Bills had the word FRANCHISE all written over PRICE, like Stevie Francis in houston!

it'll be awesome if the guy came here...

Im not so sold with Price. He definitley isn't the biggest receiver in the world and he has been playing next to Eric Mould his whole career. Granted he did have a big year this year, but how many players have big years in their contract year? On top of that the falcons have little talent overall and I don't feel comfortable giving up draft pics when we need them. Especially when you can go out and get someone like David Bosten who is a proven top 5 receiver in the NFL for no draft picks. And you can also get Laverneous Coles who has been the #1 for the jets and put up just as good #s as Price being the #1 for a 1st round pick only.

Then there is the contract Price will be asking for somewhere around a 10 mil dollar signing bonus. Wow pretty steep for guy thats never been a #1 reciever. Thats a top 5 Wr salary. I know for a fact he is not a top 5 receiver. B

Boston has some character questions, but this was a first time offense. I haven't heard of him ever being in trouble before this current one. He is 6-3 and has bigger guns than most linebackers in the NFL and is fast proven #1. Requiring no draft picks.

I don't feel comfortable with price. Plus he went to Tenessee so he must suck.

I disagree Atlien. Price was easily the best WR on the Bills this past year and would have been the year before if he would have had someone to get him the ball. Keep in mind that I follow the AFC East very closely, I watch every game. Boston is coming off a pretty poor year and has had some injuries, like that Lis Franc (however its spelled) injury that really hurt him all year. He is a very talented WR, but he is a risk. I do agree that maybe the Price (pardon the pun) is high for Peerless with it being 2 picks, but in my mind he is worth it. He is the most explosive of all the WRs available and is far more talented than Coles and would really elevate the Falcons offense. [censored] why not go for 2 big WRs, trade for Price and sign Boston? Wont have any cap money left over, but [censored] what an offense lol.

Well like I said I don't get to see Price nearly enough to know how good he truly is, but I have seen a lot of teams take someones #2 reciever that looks like a world beater and then he ends up looking like crap. I don't want that to happen with the falcons. If we are going to trade draft picks for a WR's I would prefer it to be a proven #1 guy. Dolfan I respect your opinion on Price so if you think he can be sucess at #1 then I can change my tune.

However, I still don't believe he is as good of an receiver as David Boston, and is definitley not worth a top 5 WR's salary. David Bosten was before the injury putting up huge #s while being really the sole offensive weapon for the Cardinals. Thats really impressive to me. Teams gameplanned soley for Bosten and he still put up big numbers. Plus he is only what like 24. The injuries will pass and DB will be back. I think we will be sorry we didn't pursue him.

Also here are the numbers from Price and Boston to me there is no question who is better.

Price:

YEAR TEAM G GS Rec Yds Avg Lg TD 40+

1999 Buffalo Bills 16 4 31 393 12.7 45 3 1

2000 Buffalo Bills 16 16 52 762 14.7 42 3 2

2001 Buffalo Bills 16 16 55 895 16.3 70t 7 4

2002 Buffalo Bills 16 16 94 1252 13.3 73t 9 6

TOTAL 4 NFL Seasons 64 52 232 3302 14.2 73t 22 13

Boston:

YEAR TEAM G GS Rec Yds Avg Lg TD 40+

1999 Arizona Cardinals 16 8 40 473 11.8 43 2 2

2000 Arizona Cardinals 16 16 71 1156 16.3 70t 7 7

2001 Arizona Cardinals 16 15 98 1598 16.3 61t 8 7

2002 Arizona Cardinals 8 8 32 512 16.0 34 1 0

TOTAL 4 NFL Seasons 56 47 241 3739 15.5 70t 18 16

Boston is clearly better in every catagory. Not only that but he is also much bigger and is a physically imposing blocker. Something that is required in Dan Reeves' offense. To me Boston doesn't cost draft pics and is a better fit, plain and simple.

he is also a HUGE risk. I think Boston is a bigger risk than Randy Moss and that is saying a lot. I think Boston is worth the risk if the price is lower but if the price is equal, I'd rather take a chance on Price. In other words, if both cost us a first round pick and $10 million+ in signing bonus, I'd take Price. However, if we could get Boston for say an $8 million bonus and an incentive-laden contract without giving up our pick, I'd go that route in a HEARTBEAT.

Price is a very intellgent guy, he's a solid citizen and he lives here in the offseason. However, I am NOT convinced that he can be a number one guy either. I respect Dolfan's opinion as well but if we had a choice between Price and Moulds, I'd take Moulds all day and twice on Sunday! Moulds is a GREAT receiver while right now, I consider Price to be just a very good receiver until he proves otherwise.

I too would take Coles and pass on Price or Boston if we could sign him and keep our #1 pick. #1 picks are usually starters and we need help at SEVERAL positions. Who knows, maybe we could sign Coles AND get another starting caliber receiver out of the draft with our first round pick.

Boston is a freeagent Traceman there is no compensation required. The cardinals put no tender on him. I would put a stipulation in his contract that said if he got suspended for drugs it automatically gives the team the right to void his contract for say 1m dollars or something like that.

The numbers don't lie Boston is one of the best receivers in the NFL period. He got those numbers on a team with little offensive talent. He has questions no doubt, but I have never heard of any problems out of him before this. He is 24 people make mistakes. I would definitley have him brought in for some serious testing on his knee though. I would want a 40 time and everything to make sure he is fully recovered.

The thing is though unlike Price, Boston is truly worth that contract. So I wouldn't be upset about it. I would want an incentive based contract also though.

Price gets the benefit of riding single coverage when teams double team Moulds.

Moulds is bigger, faster, has great hands, and is the guy that opposing defensive coordinators center their game plan around.

If I had to pick a receiver to build my passing game around, it would be Eric Moulds.

I like Price over Boston. Boston carries luggage (drugs, health). I don't mind giving the Bills a 1st round pick (might I add that it is a low 1st rounder) and another pick for Price!

Atleast Price is a proven player. People in the 1st round may end up as busts, you just never know. Price would compliment Vick on the offensive end. I just hope he can handle double coverage as our #1 receiver.

Its funny that you say people in the first round might be bust when Price himself was a meer second rounder. The falcons don't have enough talent on their team to be giving draft pics away. The falcons are not one player away from a superbowl; they are several, so they better keep their picks and learn how to draft. Thats how the bills got price with an excellent GM unlike Dan Reeves.

We could of had Price when Reeves traded our 1st pick for Reggie (explicit lyric) Kelly. Everyone thought when he traded up he was going to take Price but no he bust out with Reggie Kelly. The falcons will never be good until the have a good GM ala Donahue, Modrak and others.

The Bills are willing to trade Price because they know how to draft they already have Josh Reed (another second rounder) in the wings. Now my falcons will give up 2 picks and a rediculous contract to Price. Its almost comedic.

if there are other viable options out there (Boston/Coles) that won't cost as much. I don't have a huge problem with giving up a number one for Price because some of the dollars that we would have needed to sign the number one can be used to pay Price and then perhaps we can go out and get another quality FA at another position. That being said, a 1st AND a 2nd, 3rd or even a 4th is too much for Price, let alone 2 first rounders.

Reggie Kelly is a bust. We drafted him, one statistic that's written in the books. Sure we could have drafted Price, but our GM doesn't know how to choose the right players for this organization; however, doesn't Bearthard have more say so in the draft than Reeves?

Well, I'm not worried. Blank will play his hand on Reeves till Reeves make the wrong move. I'm sure Blank has a hidden trick up his sleeve. Blank is a business man. He knows what's best, and i'm sure he will swiftly make the right decision if a situation does come up ala Reevses.

The Falcons organization is only going to get better. Vick, Dunn, and Duckett will be deadly along with a top receiver. If they can get a NT, OL, and some other hogs that can solidify the defense, I think the Falcons will be on the right track. Vick is a second year starter and will make history. The man did an excellent job at the QB position with the mediocre receivers he had to play with. Gosh Imagine Vick throwing to Owens (just for fun)....

Reggie Kelly will be in the NFL for quite some time. He is a solid player, certainly not worth the #5 pick we gave up to get him, but solid. I would like to see the Falcons resign him if it can be done at a reasonable price. I think he'll end up in St. Louis though.

Apparently in a move to get Price, the Falcons traded a

linebacker for a draft pick. This draft pick plus another one

would put Falcons in the Price line.

Raiders, who are known for taking problem children {Players}

and turning them into something good for them, have

taken Boston off the market.

Falcon's owner, A.B. , may not know all there is to know

about the N.F.L. but he sure seems to know people and

how to pick the right ones to make things work. He did

this with Home Depot and seems to be doing the same

thing with the Atlanta team.

A.B. sees the big picture. He certainly changed things

around for the Falcons, and not just on the field. Wish

we could get a similar type owner for the Hawks, or that

the present owners would follow A.B.'s formula. It works.