• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How can we come out of this draft with

SmooveTheFuture

Mike Conley Jr. as our PG of the future and Yi as our Center of the Future.

I know it doesnt seem easy but I think if we can somehow get these two guys without giving up alot to move up it would really improve this team. We would fill 2 huge needs at PG and centers who would be starters this year at some point. They would give us the foundation that we need at those spots. Granted they are young and in Yis case could still very well be a project in the NBA the fact that we still have Conley as our PG makes me feel better at taking a gamble at YI who is a legit 7 footer. So I ask you guys how we can get both these guys because IMO this our best game plan for this draft. To land these two guys would give us the best draft of any team hands down.

Well we have pieces to offer in #11 pick,Chill and Shelden. There is a good chance the Celtics or Bucks will be willing to trade down. If BK can be smart for once in a trade and not take 2 months. He could very easily move up to take Conely. I want Conely on this team as bad as the Conely Crowd. Celtics or Bucks are the teams we need to target.

Quote:

He is nothing close to a center...Scouts have major doubts that he even has enough strength to play PF in the NBA...Apparently the guy gets knocked around pretty bad in the post.

Don't get mesmerized by his size, Toni Kukoc was 6'11 240 also...Style of play is just as important.

He isn't physical enough to be a center in the NBA now, but he plays defense like a center in CBA. Download the games. He doesn't play the game like a small forward. He only weighs 11 lb less than Oden. He already weighs more than Chandler,Bosh and Dirk. He already plays center better than Zaza. Why can't he play center better than Shelden and Horford?

Quote:

Quote:

He is nothing close to a center...Scouts have major doubts that he even has enough strength to play PF in the NBA...Apparently the guy gets knocked around pretty bad in the post.

Don't get mesmerized by his size, Toni Kukoc was 6'11 240 also...Style of play is just as important.

He isn't physical enough to be a center in the NBA now, but he plays defense like a center in CBA. Download the games. He doesn't play the game like a small forward. He only weighs 11 lb less than Oden. He already weighs more than Chandler,Bosh and Dirk. He already plays center better than Zaza. Why can't he play center better than Shelden and Horford?

Because every scouting report I've read says that he's soft in the post.

Think about it...

If he gets pushed around against CHINESE players, think about what it's going to look like against NBA players!!!!

That sounds like an absolute DISASTER!

First of all Yi is no more a center than Marvin.

We have gotten lucky getting the 11th pick which was the best possible scenario. We got lucky in the lottery to get the 3rd pick.

All we really need to get Conley at 11 is for Memphis, Milwaukee and Sactown to pass on him. I can't see the Celts or anyone else taking him.

Quote:

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/draft/mock

Mock Drafts

Tony Mejia Gary Parrish TSX

1 POR Greg Oden, C, Ohio State

2 SEA Kevin Durant, F, Texas

3 ATL Al Horford, F, Florida

4 MEM Brandan Wright, F, North Carolina

5 BOS Yi Jianlian, F/C, Guangdong, China

6 MIL Julian Wright, F, Kansas

7 MIN Corey Brewer, G/F, Florida

8 CHA Spencer Hawes, C, Washington

9 CHI Jeff Green, F, Georgetown

10 SAC Joakim Noah, F, Florida

11 ATL Mike Conley, G, Ohio State

12 PHI Al Thornton, F, Florida State

13 NO Nick Young, G, Southern California

14 LAC Javaris Crittenton, G, Georgia Tech

15 DET Acie Law, G, Texas A&M

This is why most of us are not sold on Conley. It's not that he isn't good, but is he worth the 3rd pick when he himself or another PG could be there at 11. One must forget that it was Conley's camp that put out there Por wanted to trade to Atl to get him at 3. There is always hype put out there to inflate a persons draft status. Prior to the tournament there was still a question if he should come out.

So all this being said, if we take Yi (my pick) or Hofford at 3, does Conley fall to us at 11 baring trades.

Memphis could take him, but but I believe they are looking for a post presence to team with Pau.

Bos ? with the three young PG they have would they?

Mil is the best candidate between 3 and 11

Min has Foye

Cha has Knight and Felton

Chi has hinrich

Sac possible to replace Bibby

There is a very good chance he could fall to 11.

This would make Hawksquawk land such a happy place for the most part. Can that ever happen, no bitching and moaning, but actual happiness on this board.

I put this up yesterday. For all the Conley lovers, its not the we hate him, but he isn't woth the 3rd pick. If you look later in that thread all of the mocks prelottery selection have him going 10th or below. It wasn't until we got the 3rd pick and people said will Atl needs a PG did he skyrocket. All the talk about Por wanting to trade to get him was from Mike Conley Sr's camp to try adn raise hsi value. I have a sneaky feeling he will be there at 11.

Quote:

First of all Yi is no more a center than Marvin.

Yi is much more of a center than Marvin. In the second game of the CBA final, Yi plays post center. He may be as physical as Marvin, but I've neve seen Marvin play like that. I think Yi can be a better defensive center than Zaza within a month into the season. Marvin can't.

The only way I would like to see it is if Conley slips to 11...

We can almost definitely come out of the draft with Yi and Crittenton, and Crittenton may end up being a better PG in the long term anyways. No WAY we can pick Conley at 3.

The real question is, if we get Yi with the #3, can we package Childress and/0r Zaza for a Center with some defensive presence?

• Premium Member

I'd actually prefer Yi/Jack at this point. While I think Conley could end up being the better player, I'd like to see how the Hawks do with a legit starting PG.

Conley is not likely ready to be the starter.

I will tell you this i would rather have a Yi a legit 7 footer playing center then an unsized Al Horford who is the next coming of Shell Head. Wright cant play center he is way too weak. Out of all the big men the guy I think that has the most promise is YI but I would only take him if we get Conley. Conley is more important to this team then any of the bigs out there because it finally fills a huge void on this team. We need to get a young PG for now and the future im sick of our Point Guards they are the worst in the NBA. We have 3 back up bum's as our point guards no way in hell we can go anywhere next year with them they are a horrible and most of them would be 3 stringers on any other team besides the Hawks.