• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Thanks guys.
smile.gif

Gutzy as I said in my first point Knight is already trying to talk Memphis down out of their asking price over Gasol.

Just out of curiosity:

Would you guys rather trade #3 and #11 or #3 and Chill if it came down to it?

I would rather trade #3 and Chills. Nothing against Chills other then he can't play PG. #11 is for the PG.

I would rather hold on to #11 so it can be used to get Jack or draft a PG. Of course if Chills got us a better PG in a trade then what #11 would net that would be OK.

jezmund, I think it might be a good idea to plug Zaza into the trade because he makes more sense for Memphis, but I'd pull Childress out.

#3/Zaza/Craig/Lo for Pau. I still doubt we can sign Childress and Marvin and Smoove, but it's not the worst problem to have if you can get Pau.

That deal helps Memphis inside and out, and in the future.

Let me go ahead and start wee weeing on the cheerios around here.

The #3 and Childress doesn't get the Gasol deal done. Thats a homer trade folks. The Grizz are not looking to just dump Gasol. They want a huge difference making trade.

They wont do it. You can come up with all the fantasy lineups you want with Gasol but its all a waste of time.

They wanted Deng, Gordon, and Tyrus Thomas. They were offered Nocioni, Gordon, and Tyrus Thomas. Noc, Gordon, and Thomas is a better deal by a mile than the 3 and Chill.

They turned down a much better deal and now people on here think they are going to bend over for the Hawks? NFC.

Move on.

• Premium Member

Quote:

They were offered Nocioni, Gordon, and Tyrus Thomas. Noc, Gordon, and Thomas is a better deal by a mile than the 3 and Chill.

I don't think Chicago offered Gordon, but if they did, Memphis should have taken that offer.

Regardless, an expiring Nocioni is not worth more than Childress, and a #3 is at least the equivalent of Tyrus Thomas. Gordon is the difference maker.

Gasol would be perfect here, because he can space out the court for Joe, Gasol is such a threat downlow, that Johnson will have room to create on offense. Gasol is also a pretty good passer, and could pass it to a cutting Josh or Marvin. We could put Gasol at center, and trade Zaza for maybe a PG, or a 1st rounder next year. Gasol has led his teams to the playoffs, in a though western confrence, I'm sure with the players, here he can do the same if not much better.

Nocioni is not expiring. He is a RFA...and Gordon WAS included in that deal. The hang-up was Deng. The Grizz wanted Deng and Gordon. The Bulls countered with Noc.

The Grizz will demand a kings ransom for Gasol as they should. If we were the Grizz would fans here want a marginal/decent player like Chill and the 3?

Come on. We would think that was ludicrous. Because it is...1,000% that deal aint happening.

Quote:

Let me go ahead and start wee weeing on the cheerios around here.

The #3 and Childress doesn't get the Gasol deal done. Thats a homer trade folks. The Grizz are not looking to just dump Gasol. They want a huge difference making trade.

They wont do it. You can come up with all the fantasy lineups you want with Gasol but its all a waste of time.

They wanted Deng, Gordon, and Tyrus Thomas. They were offered Nocioni, Gordon, and Tyrus Thomas. Noc, Gordon, and Thomas is a better deal by a mile than the 3 and Chill.

They turned down a much better deal and now people on here think they are going to bend over for the Hawks? NFC.

Move on.

OK TP - WTF does get it done in your opinion? Personally I think PG along with JSmoove would be nice.

• Premium Member

First, Nocioni is a free agent who will not come cheaply, and what use does Memphis have for another 3/4?

Second, every report I read had the Bulls balking at sending one of Gordon/Deng. The Grizz wanted one in a trade (plus Thomas + Brown), and the Bulls refused. Bulls' coach Skiles even publically denied that Gordon was being offered.

The best offer from Chicago (again, reportedly) was Nocioni+Thomas+Brown. The Knicks' pick *might* have been offered. Considering that Nocioni was expiring, that's only marginally better than Atlanta's offer.

Third, Sothron's source says that the Grizz want the world, but if they don't get better offers, what will they do?

Oi, I actually don't have to have Conley at all. I'm just usually pointing out the illogic in your posts. But, I'm not the only one, right?

DJ, here are two deals less desirable that get it done.

3/Smoove/Speedy

3/11/Chill/Speedy/Lo

I think we can get them to take a little trash with the deal. But, 3/Chill is a real LMAO deal. Won't fly.

• Premium Member

Apparently their first offer was #3, #11, Smoove and Chill for Gasol. Knight is trying to lower that demand to not include Smoove. I'm guessing (please note this is Sothron spitballing here) that this is where the earlier reports of Smoove being possibly dealt came from this first trade offer from Memphis. I know one of my sources hinted two weeks ago or so that Smoove and Chill might be moved so I'll take a stab and say this is where that came from.

The Bulls balked 100% about Deng, not Gordon. Deng was the deal in the minds of the Grizz. The Bulls have been dancing around a Gordon trade since his rookie year. He can be had because his defense is not Skiles like.

Gordon/Noc/TT was the final offer.

BTW, with so few teams below the cap who is going to throw big bucks at Noc? The Bulls are in the catbird seat...unless the Bobcats REALLY want him. I doubt Noc leaves unless its a sign and trade.

Gordon/Deng was the Grizz deal. The Bulls would not let Deng go and that was the deal.

• Premium Member

If I were the Hawks' GM, my first counter would be to replace Smith with Zaza, and the #11 with a future, top10 protected 1st.

The Hawks need Smith to play next to Gasol, and the #11 to acquire a PG (either Law/Critt -or- in a trade).

• Premium Member

Quote:

It was pretty common info that Deng was the missing piece that the Grizz wanted.

No, common knowledge was that it was either Deng -or- Gordon. I'm asking you to confirm anything starting otherwise.