Interesting Rumor on the Toronto RealGM Board

jezmund

Josh Childress

Solomon Jones

for

Jose Calderon

Joey Graham

2009 Draft Pick

I didn't think much of Calderon until he whooped us and showed up when it mattered for Toronto BUT that seems like a bit much. I don't value Joey Graham much and, personally, I'd rather keep Solomon Jones. I really wanted to see what Jones develops into. If Josh Childress didn't intend to resign with us (or vice versa) then I guess get value for him while we can. I'm actually a little disappointed that we probably won't be seeing Josh in a Hawks UNI next year. I feel like Childress would net us Jarrett Jack and although I think Calderon might be a better PG for an up-tempo team, would you trade Jack/#11 for Jose?

I didn't realize he was a RFA. That makes the deal entirely worse. Childress for Jose is as good as I'd be willing to offer. That way we get a RFA and they get a RFA out of the deal. Toronto is definitely short on quality wings and Childress would be perfect in the Phoenix of the East squad. smile.gif

#3 - YI

#11 - maybe Spencer Hawes would fall?

throw in the 11th pick? I might consider Chillz for Calderon straight up and that is a iffy might but in no way would I throw away the 11th pick for Graham. Players like Graham are a dime a dozen in the NBA. I seriously doubt BK would consider this move but then again we are talking about BK.

• Premium Member

Why bother with the Graham/09' for Jones/#11 crap then?

Childress -for- Calderon straight up makes a lot of sense for both teams IMO. Atlanta can add Salim Stoudamire or Solomon Jones if Toronto wants a little more.

BTW, if I've read Coon's FAQ correctly, Calderon would indeed be a RFA next offseason. Essentially, the Hawks could match any offer sheet.

He'd also be enough to convince Gasol to come to Atlanta, if the Grizz can agree to a reasonable trade.

Here's my offseason of fantasy trades:

Josh Childress for Jose Calderon

#11/Zaza/Lue for Marcus Camby/2008 Protected 1st

Yi Jianlian at #3

--------------------

Calderon / AJ

Johnson / Salim

Marvin / Yi

Smith / Yi / Jones

Camby / Shelden / Wright

OH YEAH. Leadership, experience, youth, athleticism and a need to prove.

Quote:

There's a GREAT chance that Calderon flies out of Atlanta after just one year. Not worth Childress and the #11 IMO.

Better off trading for Jarrett Jack.

Did you know that Calderon Avg the same amout of assits as

Jarrett Jack, while playing 14 less minutes per game.

Jack: 34.6 mpg 5.3 apg

Calderon: 21.0 mpg 5.0 apg

I did not realize Calderon's production was so high. He shot over 50% from the field last year. His eFG on jumpers was 48%, and from the inside it is 63%. 5.3 APG in 24 minutes is very very nice. Plus, he'll only be 26 next year - perfect age for our development.

jezmund - that is a very nice offseason plan you put together.

Thank you sir. Obviously I have no clue how some of these GM's value their own players and what they are looking to deal for but I try to send value both ways.

#3/#11/Zaza/Chill/Lue for Calderon/Camby/Yi isn't a bad deal considering we get our PG / C and a player with huge potential that can AT LEAST fill up Chill's 30+ MPG to begin with.

---------------------------------------------------------

This is my offer for Gasol if we go that direction.

#3/Claxton/Zaza/Salim for Pau

If Al Horford is as good as some of these teams seem to think then I don't believe we should have to sprinkle much onto the #3. Zaza is a steal at what he is paid and they need a PG although Claxton isn't necessarily starting material. Salim is their gunner with the new Phoenix assistant. Memphis has plenty of SG/SF, they need PG/Scoring guards and bigs. Horford/Zaza + Claxton/Salim and then add whatever they get when they move Mike Miller if they do. At #4 they could go best PG or BPA available. They could trade down and take Noah to team him back up with Horford. #4 to Chicago for #9/Duhon/2008 1st

Duhon / Lowry / Claxton

Miller / Salim

Gay / Djones

Horford / Warrick

Noah / Zaza / Swift

Not a great squad but certainly a lot of potential with a few of the players. Miller / Swift / Claxton certainly not in the long term plans.

We could try and move Josh Childress (if it really is already forgone that he'll be moved) for either Jarrett Jack, Calderon or some other young PG. Then at #11, we can go BPA. Whether it is Noah / Thaddeus / Stuckey / Thornton / Green. Fabulous options if we can go BPA at #11.