• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Watching Parker dominate makes me want Conley more

DavidSomerset

I have been a proponent of Conley at 3 since the beginning, but man, watching Tony Parker (who Conley's game is almost exactly like) absolutely tear up the best defensive team in the league (per 100 possessions) has cemented my position that I want him at 3.

Parker was able to fix his shot...I think Conley will be able to as well.

PG is the biggest issue on our team, and while people love to talk about how in their minds Conley/Law/Crit are all about equal, I don't think there's any question Conley is the best fit for this team.

He will immediately be one of the best athletes in the league at PG...Obviously, he won't make too much of a difference this year, but I think AJ/Speedy can hold us over for this season.

What did Marvin teach us, guys???

WE CANNOT PASS OVER ANOTHER PG FOR ANOTHER SF/PF!!!

I hope BK learned his lesson.

just seen that after jacking them up his first 4 years in the league Parker only took 36 and 38 3 pointers the last 2 seasons..!! Gilbert throws up that many in a week...

Having said that expecting Conley to be Parker is a reach. There are still massive question marks about him. NBA defenders know he is a poor outside shooter so they can just give him the space and stop the drive. I think he will be there at #11 anyway and if not Law may be better in any event.

• Premium Member

MCJ.

Please move away from these player comparison. Just because he's short and fast doesn't mean that he's Tony Parker. Parker has great experience and he plays for a perinneal dominant team. San Anton is always in the top of the West. It's because they have Duncan, Finley, Horry, Ginobili. To the basketball fan, these are household words. Conley has a career built on playing 1 year for a powerhouse. It's like Law say, "he had a lot of help". I wouldn't touch MCJ for 3 reasons. I haven't seen him enough without top guys around him. 2. He's small. 3. He can't shoot.

It's not like he's not going to get a lot of help if he comes to the Hawks. Teams need a lot of good players to win...duh

And why is everyone knocking him on his outside shooting? The guy shoot 50%+ FG from the floor. I want to watch his form to see why people are saying his. People were knocking on D.Wade's outside shooting but I don't see anything's wrong with his shooting (form).

Well, we have an All-star SG, a probably all star either this year or next at PF, and a 21 year old with very solid potential at SF...

This team is FULL of young talent...We need a PG who has a "pass first" mentality, and is a good enough athlete to slash through the lane and open up the game for other players...Conley is perfect for this.

We need a PG much more than a C, even though I would like to upgrade both.

HOW CAN WE PASS OVER CONLEY AFTER WE PASSED OVER PAUL FOR THE "BPA"???

• Premium Member

Anybody who can hit a layup off the pick and roll or on the fast break can hit 50%.

A better measure of his shooting are these:

1. 32% from 3.

2. 69% from the free throw line.

This cat, can't shoot from range. Moreover, he will not get a whole ot of driving scores. Like I said, San Antonio has Duncan. Anytime Duncan goes High post, the defense goes with him and Tony Parker has a chance to drive through the open defense. We don't have the offensive post player that demands attention like Duncan does. Therefore, Conley will be in the game with the ball in his hand and defenses will sag back in the post and force him to beat them by shooting. Just like they did Brevin Knight.

Mike Conley Jr could easily be the next David Wingate.

Wingate was Mrs. Ewing and Conley could very well be Mrs. Oden.

If anything watching the Finals confirms the fact that we need a post player.

I said 2 rounds ago that unfortunately the Spurs looked like they were going to win the Finals because Duncan was the best post player left in the playoffs.