• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ric Bucher: Hawks talking trade?

mrhonline

Quote:

I was an instructor of record at UConn during CV's stint there, we do not want him for various personality issues. I can attest that he's difficult to deal with and believes the world owes him something for nothing. I just cannot see acquiring the guy as a good move.

Shellhead for Haywood is a toss-up for me. I am glad to hear Ex say that Haywood isn't as soft as he appears to be.

that's it! i knew i had heard something about him at UCONN...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

How come no one here reported this to us...

From the Bucks' RealGM board:

Quote:

Ric Bucher reported on the finals pre-game show on ESPN radio hat the Bucks would be willing to move the number 6th and Villanueva to Atlanta for the number three, which they would use to select Al Horford. Stated that Horford is the consensus third best player in the draft and there will be a lot of maneuvering by different teams to try and snag him.

Also said Atlanta is talking to the Wizards about moving Brendan Haywood for Shelden Williams.

Interesting...I would imagine Childress would be going to Milwaukee.

That would be two very stupid trades!

He's one of basketball's greatest underschievers of all time. He was supposed to be incredible in college and never seemed to give a flip, had one excellent season as a rookie, and will now slip back into irrelevant land for the rest of his career.

Not sure what got into him as a rookie, but I'm pretty sure it was fleeting and is now gone forever.

Quote:

He's one of basketball's greatest underschievers of all time. He was supposed to be incredible in college and never seemed to give a flip, had one excellent season as a rookie, and will now slip back into irrelevant land for the rest of his career.

Not sure what got into him as a rookie, but I'm pretty sure it was fleeting and is now gone forever.

Gone forever?

The guy was hurt all season long!

3-way

Atlanta gets: #6 / Jack / Skinner

Portland gets: Charlie V / Salim

Milwaukee gets: #3 / Claxton

Doesn't Portland want another forward?

THEN...we can do all sorts of things and we have added flexibility to the salary cap.

#6 - One of Wright - Noah - Hawes

#11 - BPA out of Crit - Law - Brewer - Green - Al - Thad

Assuming the top 5 is:

Oden / Durant / Horford / Conley / Yi

I'd look at maybe packaging the #11 / Childress for a bonafide player.

Because Brenda already DEMANDED a trade after the season and Etan didn't. Haywood wants out because he doesn't get along with the coach either. An article was posted here on realgm about his trade demand a while back. He is more than just a 'fouling 7 footer'.

Quote:

And also, it has been widely noted that Etan and Brenda had gotten into many fights and the Wiz are sick of it and have basically announced at least one of them will not be back.

That was all just a rumor. Haywood never asked for a trade and, while the coach certainly wants him gone (all the fans want the coach gone), the GM seems a little reluctant to deal him.

Quote:

Now with that being the case, why on earth would they be offering Brenda instead of Etan?

It isn't a question of what they are offering. It is a question of what we are asking for. They know they can't move Etan because demand isn't there.

I actually like Haywood for the Eastern Conference. I think he is a possible darkhorse and good value center.

In Washington he is the 5th option and is called on to do a lot of the dirty work. Gilbert is a black hole and Butler and Jamison take whats left over. They never let the big dog eat.

I'm not saying Haywood is a great big man cause that is crazy. But, he is better on D than what we have by a mile. And they are moving SW to 5 more because there are too many forwards. I would take Haywood over Shelden all day.

Shelden will always be the worst pick I can remember. It was bad on about 18 levels.

Quote:

I am fairly certain I have heard other "rumors" about the Wiz and trading Brenda,

He hasn't gotten along with their coach at all. it has been going on long before this year. Their GM has ignored the whole thing but now he might be cracking.

Quote:

Why on earth would BK trade his #5 pick one year later?

Because Shelden will never be anything more than Josh Smith's backup.That should be obvious even to BK. And the Hawks need a center who isn't a matador or undersized. maybe BK is finally realizing his mistakes and noticing the writing on the wall.

I don't think we have to give up Shelden to get Haywood. I suspect that the #11 for Haywood and the #16 might get it done. Especially if we did the #3 for CV and #6 and then drafted Conley at #3. At #16, we could draft Byars or Young for insurance if JChillz leaves via free agency or we decide to trade Chillz or Marvin. I am not completely sold on it but it is something to think about.

Quote:

I suspect that the #11 for Haywood and the #16

So you think they would give up Haywood to move 5 spots?

They wouldn't give him up for the 11th pick straight up. They need a defensive presence at the 4/5 to replace Haywood and there will be none available at 11.

Let's not confuse Haywood with Bill Russell. For whatever reason he has been unable to beat out Etan for the majority of minutes and he may have some issue with ownership. I think Haywood is a decent player who could compliment Zaza at the 5 spot well but I don't think he has the value you atribute to him either. My suggestion is far from the typical homer trades we see regularly on here.

Quote:

My suggestion is far from the typical homer trades we see regularly on here.

Actually it is worse. You think a team will give up a 7 foot center who is a good defender just to move up from 16 to 11 so they can draft a weaker player? I wouldn't even give up Solomon to move from 16 to 11.

Haywood makes us better defensively. Although he doesn't bring a great deal to the game he makes others better by rebounding, outlet passes, screens, cloggin the lane, etc. He is one piece that we have not had in a long time. I wouldn't mind having him but I'd rather not give us SW.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

As much as I disklike Shellhead I have to say Haywood has done nothing in the NBA except be a seven foot tall scrub level talent. I would rather dump Shellhead to Philly for Stephen Hunter if we're that desperate for a true center.

You guys are underrating Haywood big time. I live near DC and have seen plenty of Wizards games and he is a very tough defender, a light year better than anyone we have defending at C. And his contract isn't bad at all.

What is Shelden going to do for us? Not much.

The thing I remember the most from our games against the Wizards is how much tougher they were inside than us. They absolutely RAPED us on the boards and in the inside. I think I recall Haywood contributing heavily to this.