• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ric Bucher: Hawks talking trade?

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Quote:

I would rather have Chillz over Villanueva any day of the week.

I imagine you'd be rather isolated in that opinion. It's moot anyway. Bucher didn't say anything about Childress.

CV is an awful defender, but his role would be as a 6th man off the bench. Few bigs in the NBA can score better than he.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

#3 for Villanueva/#6 is not that smart either.

There's a statement about #3.

Either it has Speedy tied to it, or we get a first rounder next year.

You guys must not understand how much #3 is worth this year.

It's like the difference between Carmello Anthony and Chris Kaman.

Quote:

Quote:

What is Shelden going to do for us? Not much.

As an undersized center? No more than Haywood would.

LOL Haywood causes problems defensively against the top centers in the league. Shelden might be able to defend better than Zaza but he isn't even close to Haywood.

Ask any Wizards fan about haywood and they will contradict everything said about him in this thread.

• Premium Member

Now that I've had time to reflect, I think this might be a smokescreen to get the Grizzlies to lower their demands on Gasol.

Why? Because Milwaukee leap-frogging them would mean that their man (Horford) is not there. I don't think the Grizz really want Wright that much.

I don't know why I read trade thread on other teams forums but wow. Most of the buck fans are absolutely positive that Marvin, Chilldress or the number 11 pick is gonna get thrown into the deal to "even things out" Reading stuff like that and knowing Knight is our GM really scares me.

Quote:

How does that even out the trade???

I would rather have Chillz over Villanueva any day of the week.

Chillz scores more, rebounds more, plays better defense...and that is all from the SG/SF position!!!

We are losing on both parts of that trade, I can't comprehend that ever going through.

3>6

Chill>Villanueva

really.. 1st off Villanueva is younger , taller can shoot the jumper better and rebound better. Villanueva is a legit 6'11 this is the same guy they traded for TJ Ford. Villanueva would destroy Childress if they were playing against each other. Childress is not a score Villanueva is keep in mind he was hurt last season. When Childress scores 48 points in 1 game in his rookie season come to talk me. Chilldress offensive game consists of baskets around the rim. Villanueva can beat you anywhere on the court.

If that deal is out there you make that deal Charlie put up the same numbers in his rookie year then Josh Childress did in his 3rd season playing 6-7 less minutes. The ceiling and potential on Villanueva is much higher then Josh Childress will ever be. Last year he was hurt so his numbers dont really count. 6'11 forward who can score from anywhere on the court or a 6'8 forward who is limited on offense because of the ugliest jumper in the history of the NBA. CV all day.

I was an instructor of record at UConn during CV's stint there, we do not want him for various personality issues. I can attest that he's difficult to deal with and believes the world owes him something for nothing. I just cannot see acquiring the guy as a good move.

Shellhead for Haywood is a toss-up for me. I am glad to hear Ex say that Haywood isn't as soft as he appears to be.

Quote:

I got to thinking that maybe everyone else sees something I don't. I've always thought Haywood is a decent center. I'm not crazy about giving up Frankenstein for him, but I would definitely offer Lo/Salim for him.

This from Hollinger in preseason

Quote:

Scouting report: In the big picture, Haywood is one of the game's most underrated defensive players. The Wizards were 4.1 points better per 100 possessions with him on the court, and this difference has held up for a few seasons now. He's not a spectacular shot-blocker but his size makes him a formidable obstacle in the middle even when he stays on the ground, and he still manages to get his mitts on a few shots. In the playoffs Haywood completely shut down Cleveland's Zydrunas Ilgauskas, who is the third-best offensive center in the game.

This season the Wizards were 6.7 ppg better defensively when he was playing.

I pass on the trade UNLESS a few things happen.

-Milwaukee takes on Claxton's contract

-Charlie V is 100% recovered from injury

-Chill is NOT included

-We don't feel as high on Horford as others AND we feel we'll get equal value/need at #6 (Yi/Conley).

#3/Claxton for #6/Vill/Skinner

How about moving Charlie in a 3-way deal? We don't really need him and we have so many players right now that will be needing extensions in the next year or two. We can't possibly sign them all so we should go ahead and move one or two for value at a need position.

Could Charlie V/Salim net us a solid player or another top 15 pick?

Haywood does two things Shelden was suppose to do for us which he clearly cant do right now. Which is block shots in the paint and score in the post. Haywood + 2nd rounder for Shellhead sign me up all day. Shelden was a botched pick and we have to realize that. With Josh Smith at the 4 for us now and in the future Shelden minutes on this team are limited unless they play him at center which I do not believe he can play. The fact that Paul Milsap >>>> SpedHead. Milsap was 2nd round pick enuff said.

i would be wary of V and would have to do some research on him..traded twice in two years? that scares me and i'm pretty sure i heard of a couple minor attitude issues at uconn(i could be wrong dont blast me)...plus who do we get at #6 if not Mr Potential in Yi...Noah? Conley?

i think i'd still be down. since none of the prospects at #3 really fit into our need, trading down getting someone like noah (or maybe even still yi, but plz not wright) and you come out of the draft with something like- Vill, Noah, Law/Critt....or maybe Vill, Conley, ummm don't know about #11..

as far as shell for haywood, i'm out....shell could do the same as haywood if not better offensively if he gets more minutes.he's not as tall but he doesnt have the attitude and could be strong for us....i dont like it, i don't like haywood.