• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A chinese fan look at Yi.

jjryulee

Welcome to all the Chinese fans!

There were some really interesting viewpoints brought up - i especially noticed the comment about Yao's CBA stats being inflated due to a softer CBA and a weak team around him. I would not have known that, but I can believe it. I also did not realize the overall strength of Yi's Guangdong Tigers, although I did know that have won something like 3 of last 4 titles, losing this year in the finals. Even on a good team like Guangdong, Yi is still getting good numbers.

I definitely understand why a number of posters here want to move the #3 pick for a vet - it's the fastest path to more wins for sure. But if that doesn't work out, i don't see how we can pass on Yi. We can work out the roster later - but we still need more talent, undeniably. We are extremely fortunate to have the options that we now possess.

Question for the Chinese fans - what kind of person is Yi? Does he have strong character? Does he have leadership quality? Is he a good teammate? Thanks for your responses.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

"...also if you know of any Chinese players that play
Center
as a Hawks fan I will surely be interested to hear about them. "

[/indent]

------------

Thank you guys.I have watched almost every rocket's game last season, but i haven't watched any single CBA game. Sorry i don't know much about this.

I know several players whom could play centers, such as Tang zhengdong, Bateer, Wangzhizhi. but only yaoming could do a decent work in NBA. Maybe i'm wrong, maybe some new players emerged, hope others could provide further information.

As to yi, i understand many hawks fans are eager to add a legit center in this team, i really think Yi could play 5 a little bit, but not regually?

• Moderators

Welcome to the Hawksquawk. We hope you stick around for some good NBA and Hawks talk regardless of whether the Hawks take Yi. That said, I think there is a good chance we do end up with Yi in the draft.

Quote:

"...
Question for the Chinese fans
- what kind of person is Yi? Does he have strong character? Does he have leadership quality? Is he a good teammate? Thanks for your responses. "

------------------

good questions.

i hadn't watched many Yi's games, so i couldn't talk much.

From what i had seen during some international games ,i think he is posessed of a more agreesive personality than yao?

i remember he got involved in a fight with PUERTO RICO? a Houston writer Blinburry from the Chron ,when he was asked about the possibility of rockets to pursue Yi, he mentioned that Yi has a "bad temper", that's funny~~but i belive Yi could be a good teammate.

Does he have leadership quality? at least I could not see that in chinese national team. we all know this team is blong to yao.but i don't know what's the situation in Guangdong Tigers. Hope other knowledgeable fans could answer these questions more accrurately.

I was watching some of Game 1 in the CBA finals last night. on one play Yi was on offense under the basket and the other team stole the ball and went on a fast break. yi ran them down from behind and was so fast that i kept replaying it over and over just to watch him run.

Quote:

Welcome. Your English is awesome. Thanks for the info.

actually i think my english is very poor. i'm not humble (我不是谦虚~~)

anyway, thanks for your compliment~~~

i am from north china, here is almost midnight,

so good night / day everyone ~~~

Quote:

I was watching some of Game 1 in the CBA finals last night. on one play Yi was on offense under the basket and the other team stole the ball and went on a fast break. yi ran them down from behind and was so fast that i kept replaying it over and over just to watch him run.

That one reminded me of Smoove and Prince(on Miller).

Welcome my friends from the far east. It is a breath of fresh air to hear a different perspective from different people. Your English is much better than my Chinese (i can't speak a lick). By the way, Chinese looks like such a hard language to learn.

Anyway thanks again for the insight and i look forward to seeing you here more often.

Quote:

Thank you for wour 1st hand perception of Yi. Since most of us have not had the oppurtunity to see Yi 1st hand your post is very appreciated.

Your English is pretty good too, you should be proud of how good your English is. No American on this board can speak Chineese.

Thank you a lot.

I wanna improve my eng.I can write a little but say nothing.

I read eng news , post on net and watch movie.but I cant speak in eng.I donno how to open mouth and pronounce.Around me ,no one speak in english.I am annoyed for this.