• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Project Yi's rookie numbers as a Hawk

TheNorthCydeRises

Most of you guys shyed away from this, when I asked to project Conley and Law's numbers. The lack of response told me all I needed to know.

So seriously, if all of you people think that Yi is "The One", post what you think he could seriously put up as a Hawk in his rookie year.

* First off, list what position he'll play and if he'll be a starter or not.

* Then list your starting lineup for the Hawks, if Yi is the starter. ( just the starters, not the backups )

* Then list what kind of numbers he'll put up in his rookie year.

* rebounds

* assists

* steals

* blocks

* FG%

* 3FG% ( if you think he'll be a legit 3-point threat )

* FT%

You Yi fans, don't back away from this. I seriously want to know what you guys think he can do next year. This will give some insight on how successful he and the Hawks can be going into next season.

I think these prognostications don't hold much value, because it's a bit like being an unqualified Tarot card reader.

I'll give it a go anyway.

I see Yi as coming off the bench, probably the first man off the bench. Smoove would be starting at 4, Marv at 3. Whichever man is not going well, has a bad matchup, or gets a couple quick fouls, Yi comes in for him. And from there I see Yi rotating to get minutes at both the 3 and 4. Probably gets at least 25 MPG to show what he's got (we gave Marvin 25 in his rookie year).

In those 25 MPG:

10 ppg

6 rbg

2 assists

1-2 blocks

? steals

I think he would have a pretty high FG% for a rookie, maybe 45-50 range, and we know he's a 75% shooter from the stripe. I don't think he will shoot the NBA 3 at all. He's not Dirk.

I think he projects to 20/10, with 3-4 assists, and at least 2 blocks - I'd hope by his third year.

That's what I would be hoping for out of Yi.

Quote:

I think these prognostications don't hold much value, because it's a bit like being an unqualified Tarot card reader.

I'll give it a go anyway.

I see Yi as coming off the bench, probably the first man off the bench. Smoove would be starting at 4, Marv at 3. Whichever man is not going well, has a bad matchup, or gets a couple quick fouls, Yi comes in for him. And from there I see Yi rotating to get minutes at both the 3 and 4. Probably gets at least 25 MPG to show what he's got (we gave Marvin 25 in his rookie year).

In those 25 MPG:

10 ppg

6 rbg

2 assists

1-2 blocks

? steals

I think he would have a pretty high FG% for a rookie, maybe 45-50 range, and we know he's a 75% shooter from the stripe. I don't think he will shoot the NBA 3 at all. He's not Dirk.

I think he projects to 20/10, with 3-4 assists, and at least 2 blocks - I'd hope by his third year.

That's what I would be hoping for out of Yi.

So by his 3rd year, he'd be a 20/10 player? OK.

I would say at least 10/5. It is hard to get a good read on how good his game is off the dribble since he plays inside. When he gets the ball on the perimeter he generally just passes or occassionally shoots. i can't really tell what kind of moves he has.

What i can tell is that he moves like a guard. When he sprints trying to get back on the break i will replay it sometimes just to watch how fast he is.

If what he says is true about lifting and gaining 10 pounds then it would be very hard for me to pass on him at 3. His lack of size/strength is the only weakness i can see.

Quote:

Quote:

You Yi fans, don't back away from this. I seriously want to know what you guys think he can do next year. This will give some insight on how successful he and the Hawks can be going into next season.

So by getting a skewed and biased opinion of what Yi's stats will be will give you insight on what he will do? What a load of crap, no one here has watched him for more than 5 games and you think people will be able to guess how he performs? Hell, people don't even know what his combine numbers are. Yet from some youtube highlights we will get people guessing outrageously at his stats. This thread is worthless.

LOL. If this thread is worthless, then why all the hype about Yi, stemming from YouTube clips?

People project stats all the time on this board. They do it for every player we have here. So why not do it for Yi?

Quote:

I would say at least 10/5. It is hard to get a good read on how good his game is off the dribble since he plays inside. When he gets the ball on the perimeter he generally just passes or occassionally shoots. i can't really tell what kind of moves he has.

What i can tell is that he moves like a guard. When he sprints trying to get back on the break i will replay it sometimes just to watch how fast he is.

If what he says is true about lifting and gaining 10 pounds then it would be very hard for me to pass on him at 3. His lack of size/strength is the only weakness i can see.

OK . . 10 and 5. Is he a starter or a 6th man in his rookie year? And what will he shoot from the field?

Quote:

Quote:

Something like 9-10 ppg, 5-6 rebounds, 1 block and about 45% FG.

10 and 6 . . at 45%. OK.

What is your Hawks starting lineup? Is Yi starting at C, PF, or SF?

Well I'm not one of the ones advocating Yi at 3, but I wouldn't be disgusted with the pick. No way Yi starts at the 5, I'd say he's coming off the bench backing up the 3/4.

Quote:

Quote:

So why not do it for Yi?

If you read my post you would understand why. So let me say it again, because people know 0 about Yi aside from youtube clips. Projecting from youtube clips would make Adonal Foyle DPOY every year. Does that make sense?

But it's still done all the time though fanatic. It's a lot of college players that people haven't seen ( Acie Law ), but try to project what he'll do on the next level.

If you don't want to participate, that's fine. If you don't believe in Yi, that's fine. If you do belive in Yi, I think you might have an opinion on this and what he could do for the Hawks next year.

Quote:

Quote:

OK . . 10 and 5. Is he a starter or a 6th man in his rookie year? And what will he shoot from the field?

Close to 50% i would expect since a high percentage of his shots will probably be fast breaks easy shots inside, like Smith his rookie year. i think he was shooting around 60% in the CBA playoffs.

Asking someoneto make a projection on some one they have never seen play is pretty silly but I will play the game.

I project:

25 MPG

9 PPG

4 rbg

.75 bpg

43% FG

80FT %

30% 3pt FG

Yi will not be starting b/c he will not be able to produce more then Marvin or Smith.

Marvin and Smith are the same age as Yi and will be progressing at the same rate as Yi if not faster.

Yi will not be as good as Marvin or Smith next year or in the next 3 years.

If Yi does start it will be a the expense of the team record. The franchise will make money on the foreign interest at the expense of the team and at the expense of the development of our current players.

In otherwords I predict Yi will give us rookie year = to Marvins rookie year and I thibk he will progress at about the same rate.

This means nothing b/c again, I, nor has any one seen him play.

Quote:

Quote:

This means nothing b/c again, I, nor has any one seen him play.

I guess the CBA games we watched weren't real. They were fakes.

That competition is worse then our summer league !

The scrubs of our summer league who can't even get off the bench go on to star in the CBA !

So, ya, those CBA games don't mean squat.

Yao average 40 PPG and 20 RPG. It took him 3 years to find a groove in the NBA.

Marvin Willimas would be "Air Williams" of the CBA and average 40 PPG !