• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Conversation with Billy Knight....

Gambit99

I might be the only one, but I think it's likely that he's telling the truth here...

I went back and read some of his previous posts just to find out what he tends to write about and he doesn't seem to be one that flaunts information or who he knows, etc...

He even gives his real name and job in a few of them, thats not what your normal anonymous rumor starter does.

I think he was likely quite excited about his conversation because by the looks of it, he seems to be on the Yi bandwagon himself.

Wow!

Is it that some of you guys have to find the negative in everything you hear or see. None of you know me personally, but you're willing to call me a lair.

I may not post on here like most people here, but I do read this board daily. It's amazing how so many lives are not being lived out to its fullest potential because of the way they think. Some of the responses here are mirrors of the financially broke people I met at the "Millionaire Mind Intensive" this weekend (you can check www.peakpotentials.com to make sure I'm not lying about that event).

Look beleive me or not I really don't care, but I like this board and it saddens me when it's reduced to childishness. Anyway, I don't know if it's the media or not, but as he was walking towards me he was very friendly to everyone. Reguardless of what you think, he's an approachable man.

And if you want to know more about me:

Larenzo Reid, born and raised in Marietta, Ga, 9yr USMC with 3 tours of combat, Computer Science Degree from SW Florida College, CEO UC Fitenss (www.ucfitness.biz), Deacon Board Chairman, Husband and Father.

Not to prove myself, because I DON'T have to, I KNOW who I am and don't have to hide.

Quote:

Wow!

Is it that some of you guys have to find the negative in everything you hear or see. None of you know me personally, but you're willing to call me a lair.

I may not post on here like most people here, but I do read this board daily. It's amazing how so many lives are not being lived out to its fullest potential because of the way they think. Some of the responses here are mirrors of the financially broke people I met at the "Millionaire Mind Intensive" this weekend (you can check
www.peakpotentials.com
to make sure I'm not lying about that event).

Look beleive me or not I really don't care, but I like this board and it saddens me when it's reduced to childishness. Anyway, I don't know if it's the media or not, but as he was walking towards me he was very friendly to everyone. Reguardless of what you think, he's an approachable man.

And if you want to know more about me:

Larenzo Reid, born and raised in Marietta, Ga, 9yr USMC with 3 tours of combat, Computer Science Degree from SW Florida College, CEO UC Fitenss (www.ucfitness.biz), Deacon Board Chairman, Husband and Father.

Not to prove myself, because I DON'T have to, I KNOW who I am and don't have to hide.

Whoa, man. I don't know where to start. First off, don't be so sensitive. It's not personal. I assume that a lot of this is addressing me, and I swear I am not a bad guy, nor do I find "the negative in everything I see and hear." You really don't need to worry about my life not being lived out to its fullest potential because of the way I think.

Honestly, and I certainly don't mean to take shots at you or anyone, but your condescending words are far worse and more negative than anything else I remember seeing in this thread.

As far as being skeptical, you said it best yourself:

Quote:

None of you know me personally, but you're willing to call me a lair (sic).

Dude, this is the internet. Anyone can come on here and post whatever the hell they want to. They can claim to be anyone or have met anyone or have any sort of inside information they want. AND PEOPLE DO IT ALL THE TIME. That's why you will find skepticism when someone claims to have been told so much by BK in a chance encounter. I not saying that I definitely think you are full of [censored], but I think the question should be raised from time to time. It does seem a bit odd that BK would tell his entire draft strategy to a complete stranger. You have to admit that seems a little out of the ordinary. And that's all people are trying to point out. But if he did, sounds like a cool encounter. Neat.

And, I am glad you "know who you are." That is great.

Just, RELAX.

PS. If that is really BK's working strategy, sounds good to me. Thanks for sharing your conversation.

First, you're right I finished the course today (Thur 7am-11pm, Fri 9am-11am, Sat 8am-8pm), so I'm alittle tired and came off strong. I apologize for that. I just finished listening to people getting all their negative attitudes about money/wealth/relationship out and reconsturcted, that I didn't have alot left.

Anyway, it was just me and my wife (she could careless). My wife says that, when I engage in conversation with people, I sprinkle pixie dust on them and they open up. He seemed to be on the level...we had just walked into the CNN Center when he pulled my arm close to tell me about Ogden. He did give me that look, like "see people(media/fans) don't know stuff like that". Maybe it's the Marine in me or the teachings of my Grandfather, but for most of the conversation the man shooked my hand firm and looked me straight in the eyes. I beleive him.

I had no idea about that Oden, stuff. Craziness.

And I always knew BK was a cool dude.

His comment that he was "walking his dogs" during the NBA Draft Lottery is absolutely hilarious. I don't know if it is true or not (I would think "no way" but who knows?) Regardless, it's funny as hell.

Talk to us after the draft and we will see how accurate what you say he told you was.

Did he mention anything about the possibility of trades?

please tell me that you didn't pay for that seminar... Ugh. I might be the only one, but it bothers me and hurts your cred (again, just to me) that you keep mentioning this seminar thing and even linking it. I hope this thread isn't a really sly way to advertise. Regardless, please stop talking about it.

Don't you all see why BK has mastered his craft?

[notice I said *craft*, NOT *draft*]

He could have easily had this conversation with any of us, knowing that it may be repeated. The veracity of the storyteller, as well as the authenticity of the content are always going to be in question from this type of private conversation.

Think of how fun it must be to dodge and misdirect so often, that you can tell the straight truth every once in a while - just for kicks.

I chose to relate to this poster's thread by thinking it sounded plausible and by relating to it 'as if true' for the interesting aspects it leads to..

Would mean BK is either putting the public on or really does not see the down side of his thinking being public at this point.

We should hopefully hear about it if BK really is meeting with China folks this thursday.

I like the current plan as I am also in the 'Yi first, Horford if Yi will not play here, trade 3 only if it's a killer deal' camp.

This does counter Sothron's reports that a trade of the picks for vets is increasingly likely, and it also counters the reports that we are likely to trade 11 for Jack (or a similar level vet) rather than draft a PG.

Maybe the trade offers to BK have not been that good for us, after all, every GM probably thinks they can take BK to the woodshed in trade and it might not be until draft day that they realize come up with better offers maybe.

So if you notice, I did not question the poster's veracity, just found this a real interesting thread for further speculation about what may be going on with this draft.

He would not leak anything to some guy he just ran into at CNN center. He has a lot of ways to leak something and this is not one of them.

If this converation happened its because he sensed it was some innocent Hawk fan who he wanted to chat with.

I must say that BK is the last GM I would figure to do something like this.

If BK is meeting with the Chinese government on Thursday...that will determine the outcome of the draft.

Quote:

why is everyone not calling 'nannigans on this guy?

i would be shocked if BK had the time to have this "discussion" and even more if he actually disclosed all this "info".

Crazy.

And that comment about Oden? Nuts. If that was said, BK has some really dry humor.

Bumpy, you've got to stop this. Didn't you question Sothron's honesty a while back? If you don't know the guy, don't question him. I read with the assumption of honesty on this site. I look for responses from older board members first when I am skeptical of information or opinions of a poster I am unfamiliar with. I don't know about you, but I've only been reading for a few years and just started posting a few months ago. When someone registered in 02' I think maybe you should give them a chance. Also, I don't think he said anything insulting.

This may be the internet, but a lot of us aren't crazy. We think objectively and honestly. I don't lie to myself or anyone else. I'm sick of people using that as a crutch. Be yourself, be honest. When people go over the line, ala NBAsup40 claiming he is a scout, uglyhammer.gif then call them out, but don't go all thread police on us. That job is filled by Sheriff AtLaS! JK.

I do not doubt the veracity of your post, you do seem to have more to loose by not being exactly forthcoming, then the average poster here. You have listed your website, and would seem to put your professional reputation on the line, for something so trivial as getting a cheap thrill from HS. So I believe you. My only question is, did BK have any indication you were going to post his remarks here?

I used to cover the Hawks/Braves back during the Hubie Brown/Bobby Cox era, and I must say that I never had Management open up to me like that, especially during such a sensitive time period. And that was before the Internet. The players would tell me all kinds of things, but not Management. You must have a way about you is all I can say, or else he was trying to use you.

He didn't mention anything about a trade and I didn't press him for anything like that.

Dakin: I'm sorry you don't like those type of events or maybe just that one, but if I was going to plug a company it would be my own (www.ucfitness.biz). I make $0 from that company, but UC Fitness is another story. I don't post here that often. I want to keep this site as pure as possible and not turn it into a marketing ploy (join my newsletter at www.ucfitness.biz). Shameless plugs are not the way we do business at UC Fitness in Alpharetta thumb3d.gif

Although the feel was like two guys just talking, I have considered that he could be pulling my leg.

My style is as such: The complement (getting talent), the common ground (he loves Atl, I'm born and raised), the understanding (people don't always agree with what you do)and then shut up and listen (only speak when a question is asked or the person is winding down then repeat the above). There's more to it but, I get compensated for the entire package. Pixie Dust Baby! bannana_guitar.gif