• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Conversation with Billy Knight....

Gambit99

I'm participating in the "Millionair Mind Intensive" at the GWCC, so this morning while crossing towards the CNN Center, I ended up walking and talking to Billy Knight: (it's after midnight and I have the 3rd day left which starts at 7:55am, so highlights)

1. He's extremely high on Yi and will pick him at #3, depending upon his meeting with the Chinese government on Thursday (they want him on the West Coast).

2. If not Yi, it will be Al Hortford.

3. Conley will not be #3, he beleives that he may be there at #11 or he'll choose Law or Citt (could tell which one he liked the most)

4. IF Oden falls to #3, he'll take him, but Oden has pins in his hip, planter (sp)fichitius and Billy only give him a 10yr career(Billy will take those 10yrs).

5. Hell no to (sp)Hawhls. Slow, foot work and all around bad. Billy actually turned his face up and nearly cursed.

6. No mention of Wright when we talked about acquiring talent...he thinks we've acquired the talent and now just need to add the finishing touches.

7. He loves the city of Atlanta.

Quote:

I'm participating in the "Millionair Mind Intensive" at the GWCC, so this morning while crossing towards the CNN Center, I ended up walking and talking to Billy Knight: (it's after midnight and I have the 3rd day left which starts at 7:55am, so highlights)

1. He's extremely high on Yi and will pick him at #3, depending upon his meeting with the Chinese government on Thursday (they want him on the West Coast).

3. Conley will not be #3, he beleives that he may be there at #11 or he'll choose Law or Citt (could tell which one he liked the most)

4. IF Oden falls to #3, he'll take him, but Oden has pins in his hip, planter (sp)fichitius and Billy only give him a 10yr career(Billy will take those 10yrs).

5. Hell no to (sp)Hawhls. Slow, foot work and all around bad. Billy actually turned his face up and nearly cursed.

6. No mention of Wright when we talked about acquiring talent...he thinks we've acquired the talent and now just need to add the finishing touches.

as a mime.

or maybe better yet a juggler.

the Chinese government............... i won't go there

dumbs@sses..........

well i guess i did shhh.gif

If this is true, I'm glad to hear that Wright and Hawes aren't being considered.

There is absolutely no way Oden falls to 3. I'm kind of saddened that he's relying on the #11 to get the PG, because Conley (most likely) won't be there. I'll be happy with Critt/Law though.

Hopefully he wasn't just blowing smoke to you, he may not want the actual fans to know what he's thinking.

Quote:

Yeah and I talked to Fidel Castro last night and he told me that Cuban Cigars are going to become legally shipped to the U.S. this year.

talktohand.gif

on that note I talked to a dude I used to know when we were at Georgia Southern today who runs a pawn shop that I hadn't seen for 5 years because my HD blew out. he is still smoking out. good for him........... according to him. he ain't living where I'm living and driving what I'm driving is all I'm saying.

I hope you at least got his wallet while you had him at gunpoint.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah and I talked to Fidel Castro last night and he told me that Cuban Cigars are going to become legally shipped to the U.S. this year.

talktohand.gif

on that note I talked to a dude I used to know when we were at Georgia Southern today who runs a pawn shop that I hadn't seen for 5 years because my HD blew out. he is still smoking out. good for him........... according to him. he ain't living where I'm living and driving what I'm driving is all I'm saying.

uglyhammer.gif

Quote:

Are you sure that was Billy Knight? It may have just been a very knowledgable homeless person that reads Hawksquawk.

i met a homeless guy at a falcon game one time,while we were tailgating,he told us he was supposed to be a famous boxer,but he told us he lost all of his money,he also said he fought Holyfield back in his early days.

But anyway,i attend alot of hawks home games,and every one i go to i see homeless people sitting outside,so...... confused.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Are you sure that was Billy Knight? It may have just been a very knowledgable homeless person that reads Hawksquawk.

i met a homeless guy at a falcon game one time,while we were tailgating,he told us he was supposed to be a famous boxer,but he told us he lost all of his money,he also said he fought Holyfield back in his early days.

But anyway,i attend alot of hawks home games,and every one i go to i see homeless people sitting outside,so...... confused.gif

That may be . . . . . . . but do they read HS?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That may be . . . . . . . but do they read HS?

They go to Starbucks or an internet cafe. geezer.gif

Quote:

I like the sound of it but I'd be shocked if he were that open to a stranger given the remifications of what is involved. Sounds like there is a lot of skepticism.

I've talked to BK a couple of times at games, and I've come away shocked by how forthcoming he was in anwering questions. His public personna with the media and the way he is when he talks to fans is totally different. I'm not saying that the above conversation did or did not take place...I'm just saying that it wouldn't shock me if BK would share his opinion.