• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I saw DJ on NBA tonight Last night.

Diesel

• Premium Member

It's amazing. He looks really good. Surprising that just about 8-9 months ago, he had broken his neck and was wearing a halo. Amazing. He did the JR Rider through the legs dunk and said to the camera "I'll be back!". I'm happy for his recovery.

However, it's simply amazing. And the fact that he could be practicing with the team by tommorow is even more amazing.

I say the Hawks offer him a Vet Min. Or something in the 1 year 1-2 million dollar range. Because injuries aside. He's still a guy who can hit the outside shot and play good defense. That's what we need. He's a good role player who has potential to be a lot more.

In today's AJC, Moore writes that DerMarr should just hang it up, and paints Johnson to be a foolish child who isn't thinking long term and needs the money.

I like Terry Moore, and his physical concern for Slim is well founded, but if you read the piece you'll see his characterizations of DerMarr's life are caracatures of what Slim is.

I am pulling for Slim, and I hope that nothing will ever happen to him that will make me regret I ever pulled for him to get back onto the court so soon.

However, it is up to none of us to tell others how to realize their dreams. If DerMarr hung them up now, he would definately regret not trying to play again for the rest of his life, and regret has the potential to be every bit as paralyzing to life as physical paralysis can be.

Who the [censored] is he to even suggest that he knows what DJ's motivations are? He suggests that DJ's main motivation for making a comeback is that he needs "big money" but I hardly think that is the case. I think he is a young man who's lifelong dream is to play in the NBA and he is trying to make that dream a reality. If the doctors tell him that he shouldn't play then I agree that he shouldn't but if the doctors clear him, why shouldn't he realize his dream?

Terence's article paints DJ as just a young, dumb kid who thinks he knows everything and that is simply not the case. I don't think he is concerned for DJ's safety at all. I think he is simply looking for something that he can say the Hawks screwed up again IF something does happen to DJ. I know Moore writes his articles with the intention of provoking discussion and thought. Unfortunately, he is usually so far off base that he comes across as a jerk.

Terrence Moore causes people to think. That is a very

good thing.

Sometimes he writes things that I agree with 100 %.

Sometimes he writes things that makes me think, "This guy

is crazy in his assesment of this."

Not very often does he write an article that says to me,

"Maybe so, maybe not. It depends."

I think that he is 100 % wrong on this one. It's true that

DerMarr might get a lick that would bring permanent damage

to him and cause him never to walk again.

It's also true that DerMarr's taste for high priced living can

only be satisfied by a huge payday. I'll give T.M. credit

on those two things.

However, there are other things to consider. DerMarr has

the desire to become a success in the N.B.A. He wants to

earn that big payday. He wants to become a star. He

has too much pride, I believe, to want to simply quit, take

what he has now and go home.

His dream is still in front of him -- The doctors have cleared

him to continue with his dream -- The Hawks have also

given their blessing to his work with the team.

Quit and go home?? No way! Live with the fear of failure

the rest of his life or take the chance on becoming what

he has dreamed of becoming, a star? Go for it!!

Many prayers were said for this young man and I believe

God has heard and answered them. How else can you

explain his rapid recovery? Deny DerMarr now? Never!

The more I read from this guy the Moore I hate him. I don't like to use the word hate, but he is just bonafide jack a$$. What does he know about DJ? He acts as if he is a family member of his or something. Moore never ceases to amaze me with his ignorance.

I have more respect for DJ now than I ever had before. He is showing that he has heart and won't lay down like some little biatch. He should of played football with this kind of heart he could of been a mean FS. Can you imagine a 6-9 FS with his athleticism?

I don't think DJ would be trying to come back if he felt his life was endanger and I don't think the team would let him play either. Being American is about being able to fight for you dreams, so why should DJ give up on his because a guys thats sits at his desk eating bon bons watching opera says he should? Moore needs to ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I too have a lot of respect for DJ now. There are very few people who could go through what he's been through, and work so hard to get back to where they were. However, I do think he's pushing it too hard to play this season. I'd love to see him slow it down a bit, take the summer to get to 100%, and come back next year. It would kill everyone around the Hawks if he came back too fast and something happened. Anyone that gets hurt wants to get well so fast, and sometimes think that they're ready before they actually are. I just hope that doesn't happen to DJ.