• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chad Ford: Horford Now to Hawks at #3

jaywalker72

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think this is BK's way of f'n with Memphis. Memphis made it known they wanted Horford. If the Hawks look poised to take him wouldnt that give them incentive to move up with a trade. Some pieces and the 4th, we get Yi at 4 or Pau in a trade and move out of the 3????

One of the Texas newspapers says he has heard that BK loves Yi and that we will take him at 3. I would say that Chad Ford probably doesn't have a clue.

It could be that BK is floating different messages to keep people off track...unlike last year.

Also, Horford has emerged as the consensus 3rd pick on almost everybody's draft board and we know that Memphis wants Horford badly.

If BK has his eyes on Gasol he has just gained leverage over the Griz in a trade. He may not have to give up as much if the Griz value Horford head and shoulders above the other players. And, I think it is clear that the Griz really want Horford.

If other teams want Horford then we can probably make a deal that really addresses more of our needs.

I actually think BKs being smart here because teams will now likely try to deal with us to get the pick. My best guess is that we will end up making a trade.

I don't understand why people worry so much over how much we have to give up for Gasol.

If we give up less players, we take on much more money in contract, which impedes our ability to resign our young ones.

If we give up more players, people say we're giving up too much.

All jokes aside, if Billy Knight does the "right" thing we will be sitting pretty. If we take Hoford I will be happy cause he will most likely be playing center with zaza and shelden. He will give us defense, a big that can run out of the 5 hole and a nice offense repotoire out of the post that we dont have.

If we are just posturing to get something from another team, Im for that too. If we play our cards right we should be able to deal out of the pick without gutting our team for a nice player or players (in a perfect world).

Atlanta needs to make the playoffs this year, no excuses.

• Moderators

• Our new mock draft is coming out on Tuesday, and we'll have a new player at the No. 3 position for the Atlanta Hawks.

Our first and second editions of the mock draft had Mike Conley there. Version 3.0 had Brandon Wright.

For our next version, Al Horford will replace Wright. Sources say Horford is the Hawks' favorite at the moment -- though they could still trade the pick.

That news should come as a blow to both Memphis (No. 4) and Milwaukee (No. 6), both of whom also have Horford ranked No. 3 (behind Greg Oden and Kevin Durant).

Given that the Hawks drafted a similar, albeit inferior player a year ago when they took Sheldon Williams, it's a little surprising that the Hawks would opt for Horford -- especially when they really need a player like Conley.

But then again, it's the kind of thing we've come to expect from the Hawks.

If they draft Horford, they'll probably opt for a point guard at No. 11, but the chances of landing Conley that late in the lottery are slim. Instead the Hawks will have to settle for a combo guard like Acie Law or a project like Javaris Crittenton.

Your right, I can't deny it. BK has a rotten past in the lottery and there is no getting around it.

I know that I would float I wanted a guy even if I wasn't totally sold, if I had an agenda. I do think he would like Gasol and I also think he wants to get him without gutting our core. That may not be possible. But, I do think Gasol is his target. He has a history with him and Gasol is a proven 20/10 vet that BK probably believes can take us to the playoffs next year. BK is running out of time and likely cannot suffer another down year. He needs a great vet to put with his young nucleus.

Anyway, I have a serious hunch that he really doesn't know what he is going to do yet. He probably wants to trade first, and if he has to keep the pick he is likely down to Yi or Horford.

Quote:

I really think this is BK's way of f'n with Memphis. Memphis made it known they wanted Horford. If the Hawks look poised to take him wouldnt that give them incentive to move up with a trade. Some pieces and the 4th, we get Yi at 4 or Pau in a trade and move out of the 3????

Thank you Chad Ford.

That's exactly what I thought.

Bloggers, go east and west and hype up Horford - that he is our man. grouphug.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

Soth have u heard any updates yet? In my opinion, its gotta be down to Yi, Horford or trade out. Wish there was a way to pluck Conley out of this draft too.

No changes. Its still Yi as the best talent ie potential, Horford as the best player right *now* and Wright still in the mix. Its probably down to Horford or Yi if we keep the pick.