• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Javaris Crittenton

Scott

I just compared their freshman stats for the hell of it:

Critt - 13.4ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.6apg, 3.8topg, 1.9spg

Baron - 11.7ppg, 4.0rpg, 5.0apg, 3.1topg, 2.4spg

I started out thinking that Critt people were being homers, but the more I see from this guy the more I love him.

Quote:

Does Critt remind anyone else of a young Baron Davis?

Well I think we have to be a tad realistic about the things that are said right before the draft...after all...there is serious money involved. Critt compared to Baron Davis? I dunno? Freshman PG compared to a guy who took his team past the #1 seed in the West?

I've heard that Conley (or his handlers) have been comparing him to Isiah Thomas...even saying that I.T. was his hero growing up. Apparently Conley (being 19) must've had a T.V. in his crib to have watched much of I.T. in his prime.

All I mean is that these guys are VERY unproven and VERY young...gotta take all this hype with a grain of salt.

Even to say Conley is the best distributing PG in the draft is way premature. Remeber last year when Shelden was the most NBA-ready big we could draft?...only to be beaten out for rookie honors at the all-star break by a second rounder (Milsap).

Personally, I think we need to trade for (quality) veteran help. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing one rookie, but we definitely need a solid veteran out of this deal. Expecting Conley or Critt to be the man in their first year at PG in the NBA would be folly IMO.

Quote:

Freshman PG compared to a guy who took his team past the #1 seed in the West?

I understand your concern on the comparisons, but that's why I said a young Baron Davis, and then brought up his collegiate stats. I'm not saying that he will come in and dominate from day 1, I just think he has the upside to become a Baron-like player.

Quote:

I'd love to have him.

He's got every bit as much upside as Conley with that size and athleticism of his. Sky is the limit as he improves his assist/turnover ratio.

How can you say that if you have seen both players play !

Conley is hed and shoulder above Critt.

Critt could be good ONE DAY but to compare his upside to Conley's is nothing but a smokey pipe dream.