• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Javaris Crittenton

Scott

I'm not sure exactly why, but I just have the feeling that WE WILL TAKE HIM (unless Conley falls).

At 11 (if Conley doesnt fall), it'll be between Critt and Stuckey IMO.

We already have 3 guys who can only play pg (albeit not very well).

BK likes versatile players and both those guys can play the 2-guard, but at the same time, can be elite points.

Stuckey is a better distributor than anyone gives him credit for.

He was double and triple teamed all year, never scored less than 14 points, shot around 50% (while taking A LOT of shots with pressure on him), and still managed to doll out 5 or so assists a game. He is for real. I think BK likes him.

But yeah, I think its between those 2.

Quote:

Stuckey is a better distributor than anyone gives him credit for.

He was double and triple teamed all year, never scored less than 14 points, shot around 50% (while taking A LOT of shots with pressure on him), and still managed to doll out 5 or so assists a game. He is for real. I think BK likes him.

Stuckey is also bigger than Crit and almost as fast as Conley.

I think a Conley/Stuckey draft would be great for the Hawks. Last year the Hawks were a jump shooting team. Both of these guys attack the basket and the Hawks need that. Plus it will allow JJ to play some 3 making us less dependent on Marvin.

We all know Childress is on his way out and Stuckey would make a perfect replacement.

Quote:

Stuckey is listed at 6'4" and Crit 6'5"??

Crit is 6'3" w/o shoes and Stuckey is 6'3/4" w/o shoes. Stuckey didn't wear 2" heels to the combine like Crit did.

Stuckey also has a 2" advantage in wingspan, 2.5" in standing reach and weights 13 pounds more.

And he timed 3.11 in the spring compared to 3.32 for Crit.

• Premium Member

Kinda glad to hear Critt and Stuckey getting some love around here. Everyone seems to forget the rumor about Critt receiving a "promise" somewhere in the early to mid first round. I wouldn't be surprised if we gave him that under the table promise so that he would stay in the draft. Stuckey has come out of nowhere in recent weeks, but I'm sure that he has been on BK's radar due to his size and skills. I think that #11 is where we get our PG of the future if we pass on Conley.

Quote:

Stuckey is listed at 6'4" and Crit 6'5"??

I wonder if the substitution patterns that Tech's coach used impacted Crit. He pulls guys in and out so fast you would wonder if it would hinder the stability.

my thoughts exactly. if you ever watch a tech game it's impossible to tell if they have any kind of offensive philosophy. while i know that hewitt is a great recruiter (aka cremmins), i've found his coaching philosphies to be somewhat flawed. (i.e. random mass substitutions)

to say that the coaching or lack thereof did not affect critt's freshmen performance is absolutley absurd.

Quote:

Stuckey is more of a sg while Critt is a pg. I think it is a no brainer. We do not need an off guard.

So do you think Childress will be staying here more than one season?

if your answer is yes than you are in the minority.

If you answer is no then we do need an off guard to play behind JJ. And the fact that Stuckey can handle some pg duties, while guarding opposing 2s, will make it easier to get minutes for Salim.

A Conley/Stuckey draft makes perfect sense.

Quote:

Stuckey is also bigger than Crit and almost as fast as Conley.

I think a Conley/Stuckey draft would be great for the Hawks. Last year the Hawks were a jump shooting team. Both of these guys attack the basket and the Hawks need that. Plus it will allow JJ to play some 3 making us less dependent on Marvin.

We all know Childress is on his way out and Stuckey would make a perfect replacement.

While I disagree with your posts about Horford, I agree about Stuckey. I would not be upset if we took him at 11.

Stuckey is a better pg than combo guards like Ben Gordon, Foye, etc. While he still can play sg, he is more in the vein of Arenas than Foye IMO.

Guest Walter

Quote:

One comment about Crittenton he was interviewed on WSB and said he would love to play for the Hawks and that Josh Smith was like a brother to him.

The most talented player and prospect and the Pg with the most upside both publically WANT to play in Atlanta. This isn't hard people. Don't make the same Chris Paul mistake and not consider a player's desire to play here. This isn't the Lakers. If a player wants to play here, in ATL, NOW we have to consider that a MAJOR plus.

W

Quote:

Does Critt remind anyone else of a young Baron Davis?

I've made that reference a few times, and I think it's a good comparison. But Critt in interviews says he sees his game as similar to Arenas. I think he'll be a better passer than Arenas though, but less of a scorer.