Not a bad article by SI. com on the Hawks.....

Dejay

• Premium Member

It's actually one of the best articles on the Hawks since Jaywalker was writing for RealGM.

But, someone special has been telling you guys this for weeks:

Quote:

If the Hawks are going to pick up a young veteran by trade, they need to do so by draft night while they still have $4.6 million in cap space that permits them to take on more salary than they're trading away. That makes Atlanta a highly seductive trading partner --
but that space will vanish July 1 when its two first-round picks are automatically applied to the cap. Atlanta is in a much stronger position to trade now than it will be next month.

I appreciate the fact that he didn't go into the string of bad picks like everyone does. I have questions about whathe said about the Hawk's up tempo?

There is beginning to be a swing toward a concensus that Hawks take Horford at 3 and Law at 11. Something that I have said all along becasue the will contribute sooner than later.

However, I am more interested in the idea that we trade for Jack and draft Crit to have a pair of pg's for now and later.

A fairly well thought out and fair article about the Hawks, which is kind of a rarity these days.

My only quivel with this article is that he seems to suggest, like many others, that Noah is a center and Horford is not. That just doesn't make sense to me.

p1.gators.jpg

I mean, look at this picture. Who would you rather have play center between these two guys? Especially when you know that Horford actually has the better standing reach and gets more rebounds and has a more developed post-game and blocks the exact same number of shots?