• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ford: Durant #1....Grizz Talk w/Hawks re: Gasol

jaywalker72

Chad Ford rolls out the Insider for that headline and the tidbit below:

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index...&name=ford_chad

Quote:

The Grizzlies might just bite at that. They are having trouble deciding between Joakim Noah and Mike Conley at No. 4. This way they could have both. However, we're hearing that the Grizz are also taking to the Hawks about a deal that would send Gasol to Atlanta for the No. 3 pick. That deal would something like this: Josh Childress, Lorenzen Wright, Anthony Johnson and the No. 3 pick for Gasol.

I can't say that I'd be against that trade IF our front office isn't competely sold on Horford or Yi. If only we could put Claxton in there instead of Wright/AJ. smile.gif So move Lue/Salim for Damien Wilkins (or a similar strong SG/SF who is young and signed for a cheap deal)

Crittenton / Claxton

Johnson / Wilkins

Marvin / Wilkins

Smith / Shelden / Jones

Gasol / Zaza

????????

• Premium Member

Could we get the whole article for non-sportstalk I mean Insider people?

And I just have to note that I was the first person to break the story two weeks ago or more that our first offer to the Grizz was #3, Childress and filler salaries. shhh.gif

• Premium Member

I just have to add if Portland DOES take Durant #1 and Seattle already has three freakin' lottery centers already on their roster (Swift, Petro, Sene) then I would be on the phone in a nanosecond trying to trade them #3 and whatever it took to get Oden.

Durant impresses the Blazers

posted: Friday, June 22, 2007 | Feedback | Print Entry

filed under: Insider NBA

Here's the latest from around the league:

• After a so-so workout for Greg Oden on Wednesday, Kevin Durant came out and wowed the Portland Trail Blazers in his Friday workout.

No surprise there. Blazers GM Kevin Pritchard gushed about how Durant looked, saying that it may have been the best workout he's ever seen since joining the Blazers.

Pritchard said that Durant's game is made for these type of workouts. "There's nothing he can't do on the basketball court," Pritchard said after the workout. Pritchard also said that Oden's game is obviously not as well suited to a workout like this.

Pritchard also put to rest the idea that Durant wasn't taking the process seriously. He's in great shape according to Pritchard and went really hard.

Pritchard said he's continuing to keep an open mind but also added that Durant's workout Friday did make a difference in what his decision would be ... interesting that he said that before he sat down to interview Durant.

He also said there was no consensus in Portland about who the No. 1 pick should be.

While all the internal signals inside the Blazers point to Oden ... the public signals sure look like they point to a love affair between Pritchard and Durant.

In case you missed it before, here's my take on the five good reasons to to take Oden No. 1 and the five reasons to take Durant No. 1.

• Some good news/bad news for Celtics fans.

The rumblings this afternoon are that Kevin Garnett might back off his "no trade to Boston" demand if the Timberwolves can't work out a deal with the Suns.

The bad news ... if he doesn't, the clock is ticking on the Paul Pierce time bomb. His agent, Jeff Schwartz, told me that Pierce would love to play with KG and is still hoping that the Celtics find a way to bring in a star. However, if he can't, Schwartz said he thinks Paul will ask for a trade from Danny Ainge, the Celtics executive director of basketball operations.

"Danny's got to make a decision," Schwartz said. "It just won't make sense to keep Paul if the Celtics can't compete for a championship. They should trade him and get young players that can help them rebuild."

If KG says no and Shawn Marion says no -- who else is out there? The Celtics could revist a Pau Gasol trade. An offer of the No. 5 pick, Delonte West and the expiring contract of Theo Ratliff may be enough to get it done. That way the Celtics keep Al Jefferson and don't give up much of their core.

The Grizzlies might just bite at that. They are having trouble deciding between Joakim Noah and Mike Conley at No. 4. This way they could have both. However, we're hearing that the Grizz are also taking to the Hawks about a deal that would send Gasol to Atlanta for the No. 3 pick. That deal would something like this: Josh Childress, Lorenzen Wright, Anthony Johnson and the No. 3 pick for Gasol.

Quote:

I just have to add if Portland DOES take Durant #1 and Seattle already has three freakin' lottery centers already on their roster (Swift, Petro, Sene) then I would be on the phone in a nanosecond trying to trade them #3 and whatever it took to get Oden.

Me thinks they would be trying to deal one of their other lotto centers (Stinky, Icky, and Poo) and not this lotto center.

Quote:

Chad Ford rolls out the Insider for that headline and the tidbit below:

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index...&name=ford_chad

Quote:

Is it time for a roster turnover ? love.gif How about a definite MAYBE.

We're not the only team interested in Gasol?

from Sheridan ESPN chat:

Pedro (NJ): Hey Chris, who do you see Ainge going for over the next 6 days before draft night. Do you agree that putting 19-20 yr. olds next to Pierce is not making him any younger! So A)Danny will try to get a big name with Pierce (giving up #5 and/or Al Jefferson). B) Keep the pick. Draft a guy like Brewer and try to move Pierce next offseason? Thanks. Keep up the good work!

Chris Sheridan: I think Danny might have already played his best hand by going after KG, but I'd have to believe there's still a chance to get Pau Gasol if he is willing to give up Jefferson, Telfair and the pick along with Ratliff's contract.