• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Workout updates?

WraithSentinel

• Premium Member

Kidd is about 3 inches and 40 lbs bigger than Conley. Conley won't be able to post up anybody except maybe Brevin Knight or Jameer Nelson.

40 lbs..

Come on AHF... You can do better.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

The guy is a 69% FT shooter... More telling of what he can really do. Layups because Oden has cleared out the lane will really help your FG%... Unfortunately, we don't have an Oden.

All we have for Conley is a recipe for injury.

Quote:

Paul is a wonderful shooter.

Paul and Thomas proved that they could lead without a dominating big.

Conley hasn't.

Paul's numbers...

Season TEAM G MIN FG FGA FG% FG3 FG3A FG3% FT FTA FT% PTS AVG

2005-06 N.O./Okla. City 78 2808 407 947 43.0 50 177 28.2 394 465 84.7 1258 16.1

2006-07 N.O./Okla. City 64 2353 381 871 43.7 50 143 35.0 292 357 81.8 1104 17.2

You're telling me that a 43% field goal shooter and a 30% three point percentage is a wonderful shooter.

And did you watch the NCAA tournament...Oden fouled out against Xavier...Conley stepped up and scored 11 points without Oden in overtime. Against Georgetown, Oden played three minutes in the first half because of foul trouble...Conley scores 11 on 5-7 shooting...commentators said he was the best player in the gym even with Oden on the bench. Ohio State was a top 10 team for the first half of the year even with Oden recovering from a wrist injury. What are you talking about?

You still never answered the question though...how can somebody who is perceived as a bad shooter shoot a MUCH higher field goal percentage than the pg who you see as a wondeful shooter?

• Moderators

Quote:

Kidd is about 3 inches and 40 lbs bigger than Conley. Conley won't be able to post up anybody except maybe Brevin Knight or Jameer Nelson.

40 lbs..

Come on AHF... You can do better.

You should do a better job reading my post. I said that Kidd IS NOT like Conley. And Conley is not like Knight.

The are all much different in height from one another - Conley is 3 inches apart from both Kidd and Knight.

Quote:

The guy is a 69% FT shooter... More telling of what he can really do. Layups because Oden has cleared out the lane will really help your FG%... Unfortunately, we don't have an Oden.

All we have for Conley is a recipe for injury.

And Law is a mediocre defender at best, and a so-so distributor. Also Yi has no more post skills than Josh Smith. Last I heard Smith is working out with Hakeem Olajuwon on post moves and Yi is...

It's time for you to face the facts that one; Yi would be a bad fit as a Hawk, and that Conley is the best pure POINT GUARD in draft.

Don't try logic with Diesel, he is built on emotion. He can't give Conley any props at all. Conley may go on to be an All Star in a few years and he will say he is overrated yada yada.

Don't waste your time showing him facts. He wants Yi and Law. Everybody else is a waste of space in his world. His strategy is to denigrate especially those he sees as threats to his boys.

Diesel, what's all this talk about PG's posting up? How many point guards in the NBA post anybody up? Chauncy Billups and.... Come on.

If you are worried about a PG's post up defense, he must be a pretty good PG, because there are a TON of things I'd be more worried about than that.

I really do hope Conley is there at 11, because I don't think the Hawks are taking him with #3, but I do want them to get him. He won't be there for the Clippers.

Do you realize that Kidd shot 27% from 3 pt land his rookie season in the league? I suspect that Conley could at least match that his rookie season. Instead of attacking Conley you should be making more of a cogent agrument for why someone else should be selected. But don't worry, I would be shocked if BK drafts Conley at #3 and Conley will not fall to #11.

Quote:

Unlike you.. I actually analyze the situation.

If you look closely, no other teams but us and LAC are in desperate need of a PG. Why should anybody in the top 11 pick Conley.

pillepalle.gif

That is the type of analysis i expect from Buck and Kincaide.

The only pg the Bucks have under contract for next year is Charlie Bell. Not to mention Bibby is on the decline and has very expensive team options.

Quote:

The guy can't shoot. DO you wish to just ignore that. He can be the best Pure PG since Kidd. If he can't shoot, he's not the best PG for a team that has the worse FG% in the league. Neither does he have the size to be a good drive and dish PG. It's a recipe for Speedy part 2.

Didn't they used to call him "Ason Kidd"because he had no J? Guess we all forget back to those days.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Diesel, what's all this talk about PG's posting up? How many point guards in the NBA post anybody up? Chauncy Billups and.... Come on.

Chauncey Billups.

Baron Davis.

Jason Kidd.

Andre Miller

Gary Payton

Steve Francis

Sam Cassell

Quote:

Quote:

Chauncey Billups.

Baron Davis.

Jason Kidd.

Andre Miller

Gary Payton

Steve Francis

Sam Cassell

Okay, that's a little more than I thought, but they really don't score that much while posting up. Plus Conley IS strong for his size and I think he can do a decent job of putting a body on them, even if he isn't as tall as he could be.

The point still stands that I don't think post defense is a big area of concern, even if these 7 guys might score 4 points a game on him in the post.

Quote:

Quote:

Chauncey Billups.

Baron Davis.

Jason Kidd.

Andre Miller

Gary Payton

Steve Francis

Sam Cassell

The question: Who are 7 players who won't be in the NBA in 5 years?

I love Jeopardy!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Chauncey Billups.

Baron Davis.

Jason Kidd.

Andre Miller

Gary Payton

Steve Francis

Sam Cassell

The question: Who are 7 players who won't be in the NBA in 5 years?

I love Jeopardy!

LOL good 1 duff. Didn't Anthony Johnson do some posting up?